Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2009, 11:31   #1
BHPian

Should I accept this particular i20?

After my two month long fruitless search for a good second hand sedan I finally decided to buy a hyundai i20. I was promised that the car would be delivered within a month. Then after a week went by I got a call from the dealer saying that another guy had failed to make final payments and so the i20 ordered in his name is now available for immediate delivery. My question is, is it ok to go for that vehicle or would I be better off waiting for the car booked in my name?
Old 31st May 2009, 11:53   #2
BHPian

Which colour and model you had booked and what is the dealer offering you at present?? Check the vehicle once(in person). If you find the dealer offer as genuine (previous booking cancelled part) and suits your needs, then definitely no harm in going for that vehicle.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:53   #3
BHPian

Go for it. This kind of thing happens all the time. My Swift was delivered to me 5 days after booking because of a similar issue between dealer and customer.
Go through the PDI thread at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...tml#post360350
Also read up on the chatter about your dealer (if available) on this forum.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedguy View Post
After my two month long fruitless search for a good second hand sedan I finally decided to buy a hyundai i20. I was promised that the car would be delivered within a month. Then after a week went by I got a call from the dealer saying that another guy had failed to make final payments and so the i20 ordered in his name is now available for immediate delivery. My question is, is it ok to go for that vehicle or would I be better off waiting for the car booked in my name?
My friend did the same. No problem. The car is not registered so it's a new car. You will be the first owner.
Old 31st May 2009, 11:55   #5
BHPian

Its just that the showroom must have ordered that car earlier according to the booking of that person.
Because of payment delay they are offering it to you.

All the documentation would be on your name only.
Go ahead nothing to worry.
Old 31st May 2009, 12:10   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Which colour and model you had booked and what is the dealer offering you at present?? Check the vehicle once(in person). If you find the dealer offer as genuine (previous booking cancelled part) and suits your needs, then definitely no harm in going for that vehicle.
Same colour, same model.
i20 magna silver
Old 31st May 2009, 13:09   #7
BHPian

Check the car in person and check the odo reading. If it is below 100Kms then go for it. Bookings gets canceled all the time.
Old 31st May 2009, 13:39   #8
BHPian

Don't think there is any problem over here. Pls have a look at the car prior to registration and check the odo, chassis#, interiors and exteriors.

Congrats on your new buy!!
Old 1st June 2009, 10:36   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely no problem, as long as:

1. You are the first registered owner of the car.

2. The car in question is a brand new example (and not a test-drive car etc.).

3. The colour & variant meet your choice.
Old 1st June 2009, 10:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is the exact strategy that Hyundai used on one of our T-Bhpians and confused him.
I bet this must be a white colour which has slow sales movement.
Please execise caution for such deals.You never know,the exact reason for the switch and Hyundai are not trasperant always.
Old 1st June 2009, 13:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

this cancellation of car booking by some one else, then the same vehicle being offered to you is a normal procedure, there is nothing to worry about!

its like your name being on a waiting list for a train or by air journey and some one cancels his/her journey and you get the offer!

but make sure you are the first owner and car is not a used one!

congrats if you go ahead with the purchase and will wait for your feedback on the car itself!
Old 1st June 2009, 15:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

like others suggested, go ahead with that car if its not regestered and you being the first owner, check odo reading, PDI checklist from here and enjoy your ride.This is just like parm said which does happens with ordered vehicle does not get its payment terms cleared for which this vehicle was ordered which dealer pass it on to the other customer who ordered same choice of vehicle.
Old 1st June 2009, 16:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Check for Body damage and respray, dealers are know for this, I have seen Hyundai company workshop in Mumbai respray a dent on the door pre delivery they cooly said it is stadard procedure. This has been experienced by other Bhpians as well. There is no laibility clause for a respray nor will the dealer take the car back after it is registered. Check the car with a maginifying glass the other guy may have rejected it for this very reason.
Old 1st June 2009, 16:43   #14
BHPian

-Did they tell you why the other guy cancelled it?
Or can you get the other person's pohne number. That will make your decision easier. I am sure they must be having the other phone number with them,
Old 1st June 2009, 16:50   #15
BHPian

As Others suggested, no problem in that. I too got my Honda City in 2004 like that way some days prior to my delivery date. This happen every time as accounts wants to show all closed deals asap and if someone is waiting for finance clear or something else they generally alot same to someone other who has made complete payment or can make (Generally Cash). Just to PDI and relax.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks