View Poll Results: Pink Spark!?
Its a nice unique color for a young female 43 53.75%
Too yuck even for a girl, stay away 27 33.75%
Too filmy , stick to the norms! 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 14:34   #16
BHPian

Given that amount is almost the same as the discount being given by GM on the spark , its not too bad. As I said earlier, its the heartache of putting a brand new car through all of that. Its like just asking for trouble.

Just hate Henry Ford sometimes. I am going to write to General Motors about a month prior to buying and hope for a positive reply.
Old 7th June 2009, 16:34   #17
BHPian

Maruti has discontinued the pink color... so it is not an available option as of now...
Old 7th June 2009, 20:42   #18
BHPian

Convince her to go for the red colour spark !
It looks good too and you wont feel absurd driving it !

Repainting it to pink will decrease the value of the car considerably.
I sold my Zen (Pink) and it sold at 70k less than the normal value
Old 7th June 2009, 22:31   #19
BHPian

Queries of a Noob

I personally don't think GM would help Takumi out with the color scheme(since its way too much trouble to paint one car pink with all those robots).However, I was thinking on a bit different line.

Can't we take a white Spark (which is available) and do a full body vinyl on it? In that case, the owner can also play around with various designs/patterns on the car.And finally, once she gets bored of the pink, she would have a new white car?

Is this an option?
Old 8th June 2009, 00:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz comes in a rose metallic colour, i hope they have it in aussie land!
Old 8th June 2009, 07:29   #21
BHPian

Yeah ,several more options on color in Aussie land. But its too difficult to get cars to India - I already looked there to get my Celica back.

The vinyl option sounds good. I dont have any idea about it , are there any side effects / disadvantages? What about costs? I like the fact that I wont have to give the car for repainting and still get her what she wants. Would the final effect be similar to a paint job?
Old 8th June 2009, 13:18   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What is it with women & their love for the Chevy Spark?! We had to buy a car for my bhabhi recently, and she wouldn't budge from the Spark (despite being offered more expensive hatchbacks).

Eventually, she had her way and drove a red Spark home. You should have seen the smile when she drove out of National Garage.

Back to the topic, yup, I think the Spark has it in her to carry off a pink well.
Old 8th June 2009, 13:25   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Eventually, she had her way and drove a red Spark home. You should have seen the smile when she drove out of National Garage
Her smile is justified. Spark is a nice peppy/fun car to have for her.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:21   #24
BHPian

Girls & Pink, they always go together.

Get it to her, and your sis will be the happiest girl in the world.

Last edited by loving_alaap : 8th June 2009 at 16:23.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:43   #25
BHPian

Thats what I am hoping to do loving_alaap. The trouble is how to do so in the most cost effective manner without taking a brand new car apart. The vinyl idea that someone mentioned sounds decent ; but I have no idea if its practical.
Old 9th June 2009, 00:03   #26
BHPian

Is she sold on the car or on the colour?

If its the colour then see if you can get her to buy a pink swift, I've seen 2 of them in Mumbai.

If its the car, lie to her about how pink isnt the hot colour anymore. Since she is 21 tell her how guys think pink cars are lame and she wont get any attention from them. Tell her pink is out of fashion and white is the new hot colour. Tell her how all new models are launched in white. Show her a white i10/20/swift/city everything.

Lie lie and lie some more. She will change her mind, im positive :o
Old 9th June 2009, 08:19   #27
BHPian

LOL, my dad tried that on me when I was 19 (for something else). I still remember it and never forgave him for it. In my opinion, as I mentioned earlier, all of us have to compromise at various points in life. Often daily. I want to give her this one thing just as she wants, no compromises, no matter if she goes and scratches it - this being her first car. Just let the person be happy for not being forced to compromise once. I am sure like me she will remember it for the rest of her life.

BTW, she is more sold on the car , but defntly cherishes the color. But if it comes to that, the car will be preferred over the color.

How about we get a white and then simply have the exteriors painted pink ? This way , we dont have to remove anything. But then as someone mentioned, an entirely new color requires sanding down? Clueless here :(
Old 9th June 2009, 09:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
How about we get a white and then simply have the exteriors painted pink ? This way , we dont have to remove anything. But then as someone mentioned, an entirely new color requires sanding down? Clueless here :(
Yes San.Any paint job will require sanding which means etc etc..

All body vinyls are possible but u need to find a shop which does a decent job in your city.I guess elite Mumbaikars can surely help you with this

ATB
Old 9th June 2009, 09:51   #29
BHPian

if you want to buy her a spark buy it in florescent green that's one hella of a head turner.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:19   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

repaint is asking for trouble.. the chances of a lousy job really high.. and imagine a brand new car with a lousy paint job.. breaks my heart!

i would ask her to pick any other standard colour and have funky vinyl graphics (including pink flowers, etc.) done after market. it will make it really unique too.

stick to spark. its really cute.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks