View Poll Results: Pink Spark!?
Its a nice unique color for a young female 43 53.75%
Too yuck even for a girl, stay away 27 33.75%
Too filmy , stick to the norms! 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 11:33   #31
BHPian

If the pink spark is not available, better to get a white spark and get pink vinyl graphics done on it, it will look better than a pink spark. I had seen a white swift with pink vinyl graphics of the flowery kind posted in the weird wacky thread, it did look good.

Get the graphics done artfully, it will sure look great and unique.

As far as repainting is concerned, its better to not do it for a brand new car, as it might be not as good as the factory paint and also you will need R.T.O permission.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 9th June 2009 at 11:35.
Old 9th June 2009, 12:12   #32
BHPian

I agree with no repainting. The vinyl looks the best alternative.

Fluorescent green available ? I dont think so.

So Mumbaikars, any idea of a good place that does vinyl graphics? Though I am not sure if she will go in for a white with pink stickers ; perhaps then go in for the standard red which IMHO looks awesomely cute n youthful.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:45   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

The Pink Getz was a limited time offer, and I think it was offered on the Prime.

@Takumi: The green should be available, otherwise red is always an option. A white car, with some nice rims, a good system, pink vinyls and some interior stuff done up in pink in a subtle manner would be a nice addition.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

The best think would be to take it to DC. Funny it might sound but I remember he modding a a Matiz Pink and naming it "Voila" in the Mumbai auto expo in 1998.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:22   #35
BHPian

thats the same as ripping a new car apart - DC cant paint her without doing so. And if I were ready to do that , then no point in paying DC just to paint her pink. Granted he is an excellent car designer , but all that is needed is a pink spark.
Old 10th June 2009, 10:51   #36
BHPian

DC is an excellent car designer???:O. Hell, no!!!!!

Mint Green, AFAIK, is available on the spark. Looks decent too. Talk to GM, they might just help you out. Recently, a TBHPian from Hyd, MileCruncher, got a Black Bolero Storm from Mahindra. They made it just for him. So, who knows, can't hurt to explore that option.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
pink estilo is available from company? Hmm, with the GM troubles - I might just convince her if this is true.

*heads off to the Estilo site to confirm*

Its not an option on the site, are you sure about it?
http://www.carwale.com/images/resear...stiloFront.jpg

Pink Estilo.
Old 10th June 2009, 15:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Pink Estilo no longer produced by Maruti as someone here as already mentioned.

One of my friend bought estilo last week and was looking for Pink, he didnt get it, inquired from a few dealers in Delhi
Old 17th November 2009, 16:22   #39
BHPian

*bump* finally returning home early next year and buying the Spark. Can someone tell me if GM has pulled the free maintainence offer (where by parts and labor for 3 years was free)?

Also, this is a beetle that I came across in town recently, I figure with a white spark and some thing similar in pink (the sticker), my sister would be happy. How does one go about getting this done? Can it be taken off when she doesnt like it anymore or wants to sell the car?
Attached Thumbnails
Pink Spark-photo.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 18:37   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not recommend to get a Brand new car painted. Either convince your sister for pink Estilo or some other shade on Spark.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:52   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Go to any sticker shop with an image on a CD / USB drive - they should be able to do the cutting & mounting.
Old 17th November 2009, 19:07   #42
BHPian

I am telling something totally contrary to what you have been hearing. I would get a new white spark and get it repainted. But get it repainted with the dealer, I am sure he will be ready to help. After all, he will be selling a car and also he would get some work for his paint shop. Doing the painting with the dealer has 2 advantages, one being it would surely be a professional job, the second being that the dealer would take care of the RTO formalities. From what i heard, Spark is available off the shelves.

Talk, haggle and with the year end, you would be getting a discount of at least 20K, this paint job should be not more than 30K, so practically FOR 10k more you would have Pink Spark. There is no hassle in getting a new car painted. You are not getting involved all you have to do is to keep talking to the dealer. I have done it. Once got a white Innova and painted it Orange (yes) for a Mutt guru. I would recommend you to go for it.

This is just my personal opinion.

Last edited by Archish : 17th November 2009 at 19:20.
Old 17th November 2009, 19:26   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
*bump* finally returning home early next year and buying the Spark. Can someone tell me if GM has pulled the free maintainence offer (where by parts and labor for 3 years was free)?

Also, this is a beetle that I came across in town recently, I figure with a white spark and some thing similar in pink (the sticker), my sister would be happy. How does one go about getting this done? Can it be taken off when she doesnt like it anymore or wants to sell the car?
What you need is a vinyl sticker made from a print shop and then stick it onto the car. This way, you can easily peel off when you are bored with the graphics or when planning to put car up for sale.

BTW, Beetle is just around the corner with December launch, you may get exactly the same thing as the pic (Obviously not for the same price as spark, though! )
Old 18th November 2009, 03:46   #44
BHPian

Yeah, I know about the beetle. However I am a firm believer that Indian roads are meant for Maruti, Mahindra and Tata - everything else is a luxury / waste of money. Maybe I will change my mind if I get seriously rich , but I just heard from my mate yesterday that the traffic situation has worsened. Besides the Beetle is sure to be priced completely out of the reach , especially as a a first car for a newbie driver.

I am going to talk her out of the pink color, a lot of you guys made sense and am going to try to get a white spark with pink stickers (which can be peeled). I will keep you fellas updated and will also run tests on what looks good or not on this thread. Thanks for your support so far.

I am still waiting to hear from someone about the free maintainence offer being withdrawn?

Also in the picture I posted, the sticker is just an outline - so it is possible to do with vinyl sticker? I would like it the same way , its not too obtrusive / in the face ; yet makes the point of a feminine car.
Old 18th November 2009, 11:12   #45
BHPian

I guess it takes all kinds. My wife would murder me if I bought her a pink car.
She's been trying to get me to buy a jeep but I'm holding out because it isn't practical in the city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks