Its a nice unique color for a young female 43 53.75%
Too yuck even for a girl, stay away 27 33.75%
Too filmy , stick to the norms! 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 10:58   #1
BHPian

Pink Spark

I had promised my sister a Spark for her birthday. Despite the saga of GM , she is totally in love with this cute car and I see no reason to refuse since the car is an excellent fit for her needs. Keeping the problems of GM for another day, we seem to have run into another hitch - the color. She wants one in barbie pink!

Now given that the car is for her, it seems alright for me despite the fact that the occassional use of her car is going to get mighty embarrassing for me and dad. Problem is, since we are buying a brand new car ; how do I get her one in pink!? GM certainly doesnt offer this color. And it pains my heart to even think about sending a brand new car for a repaint. Would GM be open to giving a customised car, even if it means paying something extra? Do I have any other options? I dont want to go in for a used one.

I could of course just reason with her and whittle it down to white or black color. But its like spending a good sum (hard earned money) and not being completely happy at the end. I know exactly how that feels, and dont want that to happen.

I made a Pink Spark , but do excuse my poor image editing skills.

I would like your opinions on the car as well, its for a 21 year old female, only in-city driving.

<edit> Need the car after September , so got some time to ponder over choices. Also the green indicator lights - please blame my image editing skills. Its unintentional . </edit>
Attached Thumbnails
Pink Spark-pink.jpg  

Last edited by Takumi-san : 7th June 2009 at 11:03. Reason: dates
Old 7th June 2009, 11:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

get her a pink estilo
or divert her attention towards a red spark,looks good

BTW i dont understand whats with girls and baby pink color,my girl is also crazy about this color.
thankfully she likes red cars only no pink here-phew

Last edited by akshay4587 : 7th June 2009 at 11:43.
Old 7th June 2009, 11:50   #3
BHPian

pink estilo is available from company? Hmm, with the GM troubles - I might just convince her if this is true.

*heads off to the Estilo site to confirm*

Its not an option on the site, are you sure about it?

Last edited by Takumi-san : 7th June 2009 at 12:01.
Old 7th June 2009, 11:59   #4
BHPian

Have you tried writing to GM India about the need for a Pink Spark ? Who knows - you might be pleasantly surprised.

Now for my harebrained idea - New cars are often repainted (to cover transit damage) and then sold to unsuspecting customers by dealers. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use that to your advantage -

a) Find a good GM dealer in the neighborhood and have a word with him - if he has a transit damaged car - negotiate hard and drive down the price.
b) Use the money saved from (a) and get the car painted Pink!

IMO - Doing this should be ok with a GM car if the other potential problems are covered under their warranty+cashless ownership offer.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:00   #5
BHPian

You can consider a pink Getz prime 1.1. I remember seeing that color in a Hyundai showroom. You may even get some good discounts, and the after sales service of Hyundai is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
New cars are often repainted (to cover transit damage) and then sold to unsuspecting customers by dealers. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use that to your advantage -

a) Find a good GM dealer in the neighborhood and have a word with him - if he has a transit damaged car - negotiate hard and drive down the price.
b) Use the money saved from (a) and get the car painted Pink!
Transit damaged cars are painted in the same color. To paint a car in a totally different color, you will have to scrape the whole paint and start from scratch, which in turn turns out very expensive. you will also have to obtain RTO permission to repaint the car in a different color.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 7th June 2009 at 12:04.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

some ideas for you, one of the more famous cars on the forum

Imageshack - 2007crvpinkva9.jpg
Old 7th June 2009, 12:10   #7
BHPian

seems my sister is in good company here. WOW.

Any more details on this car? Any thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
some ideas for you, one of the more famous cars on the forum

Imageshack - 2007crvpinkva9.jpg

Regarding the Getz Prime , its a bit more expensive , more importantly - the color is berry red. A far cry from the pink she wants. So strike that as well.

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure to paint a car with an entirely different color?

Last edited by Takumi-san : 7th June 2009 at 12:13.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
pink estilo is available from company? Hmm, with the GM troubles - I might just convince her if this is true.

*heads off to the Estilo site to confirm*

Its not an option on the site, are you sure about it?
Estilo does come in pink however its not baby pink

and yes some in forum owns a pink Getz i remember seeing pics in garage.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:16   #9
BHPian

Strange. Neither the Estilo site nor the Getz site list this color in options. Perhaps they are made on request? I havent tried writing to GM - you reckon its worth it? I thought they would just ignore the query.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Strange. Neither the Estilo site nor the Getz site list this color in options. Perhaps they are made on request? I havent tried writing to GM - you reckon its worth it? I thought they would just ignore the query.
Many websites do not have the entire color range displayed. Call Hyundai , Maruti and Chevrolet showroom to confirm the color. Getz did have pink, I do not know whether they still have it or not.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Estilo does come in pink however its not baby pink

and yes some in forum owns a pink Getz i remember seeing pics in garage.
Yeah, pink offered in the Estilo isnt as pink as one thinks. Its a bit dark. Maruti calls it Purple Fusion. Saw that in the brochure.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:49   #12
BHPian

Definitely pink estilo was on offer. They may have renamed it/ stopped production considering not so encouraging sales.
Apart from embarrassment it may cause to you and your father, the other thing that is going to trouble you is resale. It will be hard to find a dude with a sister like yourself who would be desperate to get his hands to that color. Given the taste of the girls, the possibility would always exist but you may not get a good deal.
Old 7th June 2009, 12:55   #13
BHPian

Resale isnt really a problem. The car isnt too expensive at 3.6 lacs and then some ; depreciation should cover most of it and we dont plan to sell it for at least 5 years.

A ball park figure for repainting the car to pink would be appreciated folks!
Old 7th June 2009, 12:55   #14
BHPian

AFAIK, The pink Getz is alloted for sale to Hyundai employees. Moreover it was for the older Getz. Not sure if it is there for the Prime as well.

cheers
Old 7th June 2009, 14:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

A really good quality paint job can cost you anywhere between 30-40k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks