Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 20:20   #46
BHPian

I think you made right choice. Getz wins, not because Palio is a worse car - but its the Fiat *** in India. As you rightly said, mental health and Hyundai wont let you go wrong. Negotiate hard for discounts.
Old 10th June 2009, 20:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Negotiate hard for discounts.
, but there are none

The price of the car has been dropped by more than INR 40,000, and they are not giving any. Incidentally, the on-road price has come down by close to 70k within 6 months or so...

I am trying to get at least a remote locking, lets see.
Old 10th June 2009, 21:15   #48
BHPian

Swift is the way to go

I will be surprised if you are not even considering a Swift; both Palio and Getz have dated looks, Getz is no doubt a great car as I have sat in one and driven it too but from the outside a thin face makes it look very dated. My first preference was a Getz too even if there was a huge difference in the price (btw swift & getz) but I have no regrets in picking a swift; it is adequately powerful and in no way feels like a small car.. anyday Maruti is the way to go in India.
Old 11th June 2009, 08:00   #49
BHPian

Would still advice you to wait for a week more for the Punto launch before deciding on your purchase because of the following reasons
1) From the looks of things, the GP is going to be aggressively priced.
2) the service intervals for the GP is 15,000 kms. So its not like you will be visiting the service center that often.
3) Spares should be easier to source for the GP as it is newly launched and shares parts with the Linea. Also if you purchase the Diesel, parts and servicing should not be a problem.

But in the end it is your money. Best of luck & happy driving.
Old 11th June 2009, 17:38   #50
Senior - BHPian

The most important thing in favour of the GP is the ABS-Airbags in the E+ variant. They are life savers and not available (except ABS on the rare VDi ABS Swift) on any diesel hatch except Fabia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
1) From the looks of things, the GP is going to be aggressively priced.
2) the service intervals for the GP is 15,000 kms. So its not like you will be visiting the service center that often.
3) Spares should be easier to source for the GP as it is newly launched and shares parts with the Linea. Also if you purchase the Diesel, parts and servicing should not be a problem.
Old 11th June 2009, 20:30   #51
BHPian

Getz CRDi Booked

I have no doubts about the quality of the cars at all. Fiat is a one-sided love affair unfortunately. And bad luck Fiat - I am out of school now and no more FOSLA for me!

I have had the hardest time even reaching a Fiat sales guy. Architect would probably know this from my PUG rant! Even after the intervention of Fiat top guys, I have not been able to get a test drive. They are a complete disgrace to the word "sales". If the company does not want to sell me a car, they do not deserve my business. Period.

'nuff said.

In any case - Getz has now been booked.
Old 11th June 2009, 21:45   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge View Post
...Getz has now been booked.
Welcome to the party
What color? And when is the delivery committed?
Old 11th June 2009, 23:37   #53
BHPian

Simple Analysis

Actually , your decision making would get quite simple if you consider the following equation -

Great mileage + award winning engine + tank like body + reasonably priced spares + decent service levels + good torque = Palio MJD

Average mileage + extremely powerful engine + wafer body + highly priced spares + good service + good torque = Getz CRDI

I would suggest you wait for the Punto which is coming with a 90BHP 1.3 MJ engine. It's a stunner on the road and the car which put Fiat worldwide back on track.
Old 12th June 2009, 13:40   #54
BHPian

punto is not coming with a 90bhp engine its a 75-76 ps 1.3 FGT
Old 12th June 2009, 14:49   #55
BHPian

I would recommed that you should go for GETZ,(although i myself own 1.3 multijet)

Niether palio nor that fiat engine in any other car say Swift,Vista can be compared to the power output of Getz.

Getz is really fun to drive,the pick is very good so if the preference is pick up than the recommendation would be GETZ & after the price cuts that becomes a steal.

Thanks
Old 12th June 2009, 14:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the thread creator has booked a Getz CRDI. Please refer previous posts. I think this thread can be closed.
Old 14th June 2009, 09:54   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Welcome to the party
What color? And when is the delivery committed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post

I would suggest you wait for the Punto which is coming with a 90BHP 1.3 MJ engine. It's a stunner on the road and the car which put Fiat worldwide back on track.
@ Ganesh - No more Tata/ Fiat for me. Fiat makes the Ferrari worldwide...granted. The quality of cars has never been an issue! They will take a while to get their act together in India.

@Phoenix - Colour - Electric Red! Wanted the Dark Blue but they are not producing that colour any more. Delivery - Latest by 8th July. Earliest by 25th June.

@ Mods - The thread can be closed with a title edit (Getz booked). Will move over and create an Initial Ownership report after delivery. Thanks.
Old 18th June 2009, 07:46   #58
BHPian

indigoedge,
any regrets about your booking of the Getz, after realizing the prices of the Grande Punto?
Old 18th June 2009, 07:56   #59
BHPian

Beyond regret

Dude!

I was shocked outta my mind! Blown away. Seriously, when i was considering the Palio MJD, everyone said wait for the GP. With the caveat of increasing my budget!

Anyway...I have gone beyond regret now. I have enquired about the process for cancelling my Getz booking. And it will set me back only by 1-2k.

Checking out the GP today at Concorde. Might book it as well! I have come a complete circle now!
Old 18th June 2009, 08:29   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude131 View Post
indigoedge,
any regrets about your booking of the Getz, after realizing the prices of the Grande Punto?

I seriously doubt he would regret anything, Getz is still the hottest hatch till it has got the 1.5 crdi. Anyhow the top end Grande Punto 1.3 mjd comes close to 7 lacs if I am correct and is a lakh more than the getz.

Moreover, the thread starter has mentioned his reasons for not going to Tata-Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge
No more Tata/ Fiat for me. Fiat makes the Ferrari worldwide...granted. The quality of cars has never been an issue! They will take a while to get their act together in India.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 18th June 2009 at 08:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks