Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2009, 19:28   #1
BHPian

To Getz or to get the Palio MJD

Hi all,

Advice request:

I am planning to buy a new car (my first one). I had all but decided on a Palio MJD SDX. Particularly after reading so many great reviews here.

Then I was struck by the usual lackluster pre-sales experience at Tata/ Fiat in Blore. The Palio MJD SDX is about 5.5 lakh OTR.

Started exploring a bit more, and now find that for 5.87 Lakh OTR, I can get a Getz CRDi. There is a huge discount this month for the CRDi.

Now I am trying to make a decision. Would welcome inputs on this.

Also, Puggers are not allowed here! Esp Rudrah! (joking mate). Mainly coz I have already got their inputs.

Hoping to see the light.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:27   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge View Post
Hi all,

Advice request:

I am planning to buy a new car (my first one). I had all but decided on a Palio MJD SDX. Particularly after reading so many great reviews here.

Then I was struck by the usual lackluster pre-sales experience at Tata/ Fiat in Blore. The Palio MJD SDX is about 5.5 lakh OTR.

Started exploring a bit more, and now find that for 5.87 Lakh OTR, I can get a Getz CRDi. There is a huge discount this month for the CRDi.

Now I am trying to make a decision. Would welcome inputs on this.

Also, Puggers are not allowed here! Esp Rudrah! (joking mate). Mainly coz I have already got their inputs.

Hoping to see the light.
test drive both of them mate, and then take a decision. i have not test driven the palio mjd. but i have driven the swift ddis and ritz ddis, both of them have essentially the same engine.
but the crdi is in altogether another league. its maddening.
crdi has got lot more power a lot more thrills. i guess more interior space too.
but if you are looking for economy, i think mjd would be better.
getz crdi handles quite well too.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:35   #3
BHPian

Without doubt take the Getz crdi. It has a more powerful engine and at present it is a bargain. Got better interiors and after sales service and spare parts availability is also good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
but if you are looking for economy, i think mjd would be better.
Even Getz crdi is very fuel efficient, so no need to worry about that.

Last edited by hemanthisgreat : 9th June 2009 at 09:42.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
test drive both of them mate, and then take a decision. i have not test driven the palio mjd. but i have driven the swift ddis and ritz ddis, both of them have essentially the same engine.
Easier said than done! Hyundai does not provide TD cars in Blore atleast. So, it is outta the question. In fact, if the dealer gives me a TD I will not book. Coz I am sure it is a customer car!
Old 9th June 2009, 09:51   #5
BHPian

Without thinking twice, Go for the Rocket CRDi, no doubts at all. Hell i just bought my i10 AT a couple of months ago, only if i had waited! Also the reduction in price won't last that long, its a monster in sheep's clothing. The Palio interiors are dated and IMO the MJD is better fitted in the Swift than the Palio, based on people's feedback. Please don't waste time, now go get your monster, Quick!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 9th June 2009 at 09:52. Reason: typos
Old 9th June 2009, 09:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Imagine what will be the attitude of Tata-Fiat dealerships for after sales and service if their attitude is not good even in selling cars.

Getz CRDi is the way to go over MJD for particularly the reasons :

1) Engine. Getz has more powerful engine.
2) After Sales and Service. Hyundai is much better than Tata-Fiat.
3) Space. Getz is very spacious as compared to Palio.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:01   #7
BHPian

Go get the Getz.
Palio is an old car now.

or wait for the punto ... its gonna rock.

Disclaimer: I haven't driven either one.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:06   #8
BHPian

Go for the CRDi mate, that is a thrill a minute car. The Palio is no slouch, but you don't argue with 40 odd extra horses. Do TD it and see the difference for yourself.

@aaggoswami, I wouldn't say that the Getz is more spacious than a Palio. Minuscule difference in space between both, with IMO Palio being a little more spacious. As far as interiors are concerned, Getz interiors are not all that new either. Hyundai A.S.S is the clincher. AND all those horses, of course
Old 9th June 2009, 14:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoedge View Post

You pay 37 K more and in return you get an extra 40 bhp, slightly better interiors and supposedly better a.s.s. which in my opinion is fair. So, in spite of being a recent Palio MJD owner my 2 cents will be in favour of the Getz. If the price difference was upward 40K then I would have recommended the Palio. I think Palio is still the champion as far as ride quality is concerned.
Old 9th June 2009, 14:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

yep definitely GetZ Crdi is my choice.otherwise wait for Fiat Punto to release.
But GetZ is leap ahead in Power,space and A.S.S
Old 9th June 2009, 14:41   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Wish i had to make such a simple decision-IMHO, it is a no brainer, it is none other than a Getz CRDi.
Old 9th June 2009, 15:11   #12
BHPian

I suggest you wait for the Punto. It's a car with better interiors. Plus you can get ABS/Airbags etc as an option. Not sure if Getz CRDi offers these options'
Old 9th June 2009, 15:16   #13
BHPian

The Palio is a great car to drive. It has a sturdy build, great engine, lots of space, excellent AC, good mileage(MJD), looks, and great control at high speeds, feels planted.

The Getz, on the other hand, has a more powerful engine (only the diesel version, the 1.6 version kicks !@#), very good after sales service.

It all depends on your decision. Take a test drive of both cars, and decide.
Old 9th June 2009, 16:23   #14
BHPian

I think you should go in for the Getz! It's a steal at current prices!
Old 9th June 2009, 16:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

getz crdi is a steal deal given now no doubt superb car to own in given price reduction, about fiat palio, would suggest you to wait for GP if you are struck with fiat car else getz is the one for you, if multijet is what appeals the most go for swifts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks