Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 14:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
on the weekend, I did the test drive of i20 at Trident, Hosur road, bangalore. The car is very smooth, excellent braking but power steering seems to be overdone (it takes sometime to used to that).
The interior is excellent and has amazing features.
I also test drove i10 asta and even, it's pretty good. There is around 1.5Lacs difference between i10 asta and i20 asta.
But, when I took my mom to see if she is comfortable in i20, she felt bit difficult in getting into the car and comingout (she is obese and has knee problem).
So, I am thinking to go for i10, as she feels bit better (earlier, we were using santro).
Now, I am stuck between i10 and i20. We all liked i20, but mom is not comfortable in i20. Dealer says that it takes a while for mom to adjust to low seats in i20 as she has been sitting in santro. Is this correct?
Shall I still go for i20 hoping that mom would start used to that? or go for i10?
I am looking for all your inputs and I need to decide as early as possible.
I10 vs I20: think the chioce goes to you mother & how she gets adjusted with.If she is a frequent traveller then I10 else I20.
Old 29th June 2009, 14:47   #47
knp
BHPian

Thanks Ram. My does not travel much, but would like to check with you whether i20 would be comfortable for her in long drives?
Old 29th June 2009, 14:59   #48
knp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
@knp, i feel both these cars are not suitable for you. i suggest you go with the i10 asta, you would not regret your decision.

you could also check out fiat grande punto and tata indica vista. buy these at your own risk, the A.S.S. horror stories of tata and fiat dealerships are all over the forums.

rohan,
bangalore
Hi Rohan, Thanks a lot for your the details. You have answered all my queries and I will go-ahead with i10 Asta. I will not dare to touch tata-fiat dealers.
Thanks again for your help.
Old 4th July 2009, 11:12   #49
BHPian

I heard Hyundai is launcing the 1.4 litre pertol and 1.4 litre diesel vairants of I20 on 07th July 09. You might wait for some more time and test them too.
Old 4th July 2009, 11:17   #50
BHPian

Hey, before going for i20, Ritz or Swift; you may check Fiat Grand Punto & also Tata Indica Vista.
Old 20th July 2009, 15:26   #51
BHPian

My choice would definately narrow down b/w the Punto and the Ritz, since the Swift is dated and i20 doesnt have the 1.5 Getz engine. So for city driving Ritz or Punto it would be.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:33   #52

Prefer the Ritz any day !

Like mentioned in the majority of the posts Punto and Vista are great cars but TATA/FIAT after sales service is Deplorable,Its a pity because both cars are much better than their Korean and Japanese counterparts in bulid and driveblity,Moreover Maruti has service centres even in very small towns which most other companies including Hyundai doesn't have.My decision would be go for the Maruti Ritz Petrol better value....
Old 5th August 2009, 03:57   #53
BHPian

So actually looking at your opinions, if my monthly driving is say 800 kms and I wish to opt for a diesel car would that be a bad idea? Knowing that customers have to pay a premium price for buying diesel will it have any ill effects to the car is my driving is less that 1000 kms?
Old 11th August 2009, 14:37   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
I heard Hyundai is launcing the 1.4 litre pertol and 1.4 litre diesel vairants of I20 on 07th July 09. You might wait for some more time and test them too.

yup, they sure have. 90hp crdi and 100hp petrol.was bowled over when i read that. booked the 1.4 petrol a/t. should get here soon. stonker of a hatch i must say !
Old 17th August 2009, 23:43   #55
BHPian

i20 CRDI.. swift n ritz are not at all competitiors for it. (if you look the size, interiors, omfirt, quality of materials & a premim feel)
Old 7th October 2009, 17:42   #56

Which latest car do u suggest to buy?

Dear All.

I am looking out for a latest car to buy. Currently i own a Hyundai i10. I wish to buy my second car in the price range of 6-8 lakhs. I am looking for a car from the recent launches like the i20 or Honda Jazz. What do you guys suggest? I have heard a new car called Manza is also slated to be launched this month. Any idea how would the car be? I came across the teaser website during my random car search
Manza - Look forward to a new level of indulgence

By the looks of it, the interiors look pretty appealing. Please post in your replies if any other car is about to hit the Indian roads as well.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th October 2009 at 18:12. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread, Thanks
Old 7th October 2009, 22:03   #57
Team-BHP Support

What are requirements of the second car? Long drives or City driving? If its for highway look at diesel cars/hatches with space options.

Jazz definitely has space. Not sure on highway performance. Punto diesel is very good for long drives, but again not sure on space options. Comments welcome.
I would suggest the Fiesta diesel.

Well again if the car is for city and budget allows, Jazz will be a good bet. Both on space and practicality. i20 Magna is VFM.

Last edited by ampere : 7th October 2009 at 22:04.
Old 7th October 2009, 23:33   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedantvarma View Post
I have heard a new car called Manza is also slated to be launched this month. Any idea how would the car be? I came across the teaser website during my random car search
Manza - Look forward to a new level of indulgence

By the looks of it, the interiors look pretty appealing. Please post in your replies if any other car is about to hit the Indian roads as well.
Its the New Tata Indigo now called as Manza.
Please check this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...led-manza.html
Old 8th October 2009, 12:39   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its the New Tata Indigo now called as Manza.
Please check this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...led-manza.html

The link which u sent suggests that the new Indigo is the Manza. The company has kept it a well guarded secret. News is around that it is from the Tatas. However, i have heard that even Dzire is coming up with new modifications. It could be that too. I came across the first advertisement of the Manza in TOI pg 9.

Check this link Welcome - Times Of India ePaper
Old 20th November 2009, 12:56   #60
BANNED

can soneone advise is I20 underpowered ? Don't they have the same power to weight ratio ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks