Hyundai i20 CRDi 1.4 Diesel 187 25.83%
Voters: 724. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2009, 10:21   #121
BHPian

And I really dont know whats with some people fixed mindset
Petrol = i20
Diesel = Grande Punto
Anyone and everyone i talk about a petrol punto i get a stupid look, Now just because this car is aviailable in Diesel option I have to go in for one, reason Fiat = Diesel
Surprising part is most people are a clueless about i20 CRDI. They dont know if it exists.
Old 7th October 2009, 10:50   #122
BHPian

i am just comming from a 450 km trip on fiat punto 1.3 and really amazed by the dynamics of the car.the roads were of mixed conditions like NH4 from Belgoan to Shankeshwar,and then some bad patches from Shankeshwar to amboli and the ride quality on bad patches is way better than my palio ,the car was extremly comfortable on bad patches,we were able to do 100+ speeds on those uneven roads with 4 peson on board ,AC is very good and the best part is the wipers.the avg consumption for our trip was 19 km/lit.I think its the best hatch.I even drove a petrol i20 but ride quality no where near to punto and even the back seat is very hard.
Old 9th October 2009, 21:24   #123
BHPian

I am also caught up in the same dilemma i20 Asta or Punto Emotion pack.... Today i spotted the New Astra in london looks very much like inspired from i20. look at the website what a nice presentation! The all-new Vauxhall Astra has been unveiled

Team BHP Support
Please avoid typing like this .....
Refer to forum rules for more information
Thanks
Old 10th October 2009, 11:23   #124
BHPian

IMHO i20 is the best VFM if you are looking for a large hatch above 5.5Lacs.
My friend has just bought an i20 Asta (non sunroof) and the interiors feel c+ class. superb fit and finish, excellent quality of plastics, decent OEM ICE, ABS+Airbags and other goodies. I guess no other hatch offers so much value in this price bracket. In addition, you get 5 yrs extended warrenty and Hyundai A.* * peace of mind., I say go for i20.
Old 11th October 2009, 01:57   #125
BHPian

Very true. i20 is the car when you are looking value for your money and absolute quality. The sales numbers are also in the increasing trend over the last three months.
Old 11th October 2009, 08:26   #126
BHPian

IMHO, GP 1.3 EPck. would be cheaper and better option than the i20. I am happy the way Concorde has handled A.S.service.

FIAT is being bashed by people who have not seen one. Well FIAT has to pay for the image they created for themselves. They have to try twice as hard to sell their cars, which are noticeably better than the contemporaries.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:42   #127
BHPian

Right said Hrishiz. No doubts Fiat has to try twice as hard to change the perception that is deeply entrenched into Indian car buyer's mindset. IMHO, best thing is to TD both cars, check your budget and go for the one you feel is providing more bang per buck. With things improving a shade on the Fiat A.S.S front, that concern need not be a huge worry factor.
Old 12th October 2009, 15:17   #128
BHPian

I am still in a dilema for a Petrol Hatchback Punto 1.4 or i20 1.2?

Yesterday I took a TD of i20 Asta 1.2 petrol, found it great in interiors.But biggest let down was 2nd gear power being inadequate with full AC on.(No offence to anyone but its my personal opinion). At the same time I found Punto 1.4 was decent enough if not great in 2nd gear.

On one hand you have got Hyundai with nice A.S.S, nice interiors, good resale, but underpowered engine and on the other you got Fiat not so nice A.S.S, doubtful resale value, bad interiors particularly plastic quality(Found height adjustable lever broken on a displayed Linea, glove box not closing in its slot in an active Punto, rear parcel tray slot broken in most TD puntos), but great ride quality.

I am only considering petrol hatchbacks because my monthly running is less than 700 KM a month.
Old 31st October 2009, 19:46   #129
BHPian

I took a long test drive of 1.4 Emotion Pk yesterday near my office.Very impressed as it pulled up 4 people easily uphill on a high road in the 2nd gear, the need to downshift wasn't felt.

The features and the sturdy built were awesome,specially the metallic sheets of the car body.
Good boot space was a plus
Ride and comfort - superb!!!

Negatives:

1. 5.4 m turning radius caught me offguard the first time i took a u turn. I was careful the next time but am sure u turns in cramped city roads would be tough.

2. The salesman said if you copy the phonebook of your bluetooth linked phone- the phone book from your cell would get deleted !!. So better to rememeber the phone number you wanna dial and speak it everytime you wanna make a call!! Didnt beleive this.If its true, it defeats the whole purpose of having blue n me feature. Owners pls advise.

3. Rear seats cramped but so are rearseats of most of the other cars in this segment - hence not a big negative

4. Doubtful sales service and resale value.yes i know enjoy the car, dont think about resale!But, everyone does make it a factor while purchasing a car right?

5. The AC was adequate but not extraordinary. Maybe it was aTD car and thats why and also because it was 2pm heat outside.

6. Pulling my foot from the dead pedal and onto the clutch and back was tiresome as the space looked cramped.Maybe I am 6'1" and thats why.Not sure.Legroom and seating comfort was superb,though and so was the visibility.

7. Overatking - Though it was almost as good as any other car in this segment,still feel my 10 year old esteem fared better than this!!

8. Mileage of petrol - heard its 12. Buying a 6 lakh car and still getting 12 mielage in city - wont work for me at least,when you can buy a ritz petrol/i10/swift or ritz/swift diesel or even punto diesel(low versions) in the same price and get better than 14- 15 mielage. Frankly - I would have ignored doubtful sales service or parts coming off reports had mielage of the car been at least 14.

9, Didnt find USB port.Heard its in the glove box. Couldnt check.

10. parts coming out feeling as reported by many others - yes got a feeling by looking at them - specially rubber beads on door trims - but nothing very negative to report on this.

Last edited by anu_romil : 31st October 2009 at 20:05.
Old 31st October 2009, 22:43   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
2. The salesman said if you copy the phonebook of your bluetooth linked phone- the phone book from your cell would get deleted !!. So better to rememeber the phone number you wanna dial and speak it everytime you wanna make a call!! Didnt beleive this.If its true, it defeats the whole purpose of having blue n me feature. Owners pls advise.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alerships.html

:P

Its not true just for the record.

The USB is present.

Found the AC chilling.

Abysmal FE also reported (~9-10). Much better ones too! (13-14)
Old 31st October 2009, 23:27   #131
BHPian

Guys does anyone know the mileage given by the 1.4 Punto? read in a thread that it gives 7 in the city.I don't worry about mileage, much but its't this extremely low?It's a big put off.
Old 31st October 2009, 23:45   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Guys does anyone know the mileage given by the 1.4 Punto? read in a thread that it gives 7 in the city.I don't worry about mileage, much but its't this extremely low?It's a big put off.
Please go through the test drive section, there are enough Punto/Linea 1.4 FIRE reviews and no one has ever reported a FE as low as 7.I am not sure where you found these numbers.
Old 1st November 2009, 00:30   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post

I have driven one (a new one, not broken in) for 200 kms. I got an FE of 13.4
Old 1st November 2009, 10:26   #134
BHPian

Can rcent owners confirm whether 1.4 GP gives close to 14 kmpl in city with AC on 100% in city.Also if the big turning radius is a problem during city drives.And lastly, any issues of parts falling off as reported in some threads of cars related sites.
Old 1st November 2009, 10:33   #135
BHPian

@cruiser
Please visit the below link to read about a Bhpian's FE reports.(post no.45)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...punto-e-3.html

Was going full steam for the 1.4 until i read this report.

Last edited by pusako : 1st November 2009 at 10:35.

Most Viewed