Fiat Punto Multijet 1.3 Diesel 346 47.79%
Hyundai i20 CRDi 1.4 Diesel 187 25.83%
Voters: 724. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 11:24   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
Can rcent owners confirm whether 1.4 GP gives close to 14 kmpl in city with AC on 100% in city.Also if the big turning radius is a problem during city drives.And lastly, any issues of parts falling off as reported in some threads of cars related sites.
Our GP returns FE figures ~ 12-15 (Depending on driving style).

Yes, the big turning radius can be an irritant. One gets used to it slowly.

No parts have fallen off/broken off yet.
Old 1st November 2009, 11:53   #137
BHPian

@essyouwe
Mate, I am hearing FE figures which completely disagree with each other, the link on the previous page the guy says he gets 7kmpl and he calculated it manually. But what was the worst FE you got in the city?
Old 1st November 2009, 12:04   #138
Senior - BHPian

12.XX

FE depends a lot on the driving style. TC is a fast driver. His avg speeds (even though on the highway) show that.

He doesn't care much about the FE either. So I presume he doesn't drive conservatively.

The FIRE engine in the Linea has been known to return figures to the tune of 22-23.

It is all about how you drive.
Old 1st November 2009, 15:14   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
It is all about how you drive.
Exactly. Navendu has been getting excellent FE figures for his Punto 1.4.

Check this out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1404726
Old 1st November 2009, 16:36   #140
BHPian

Quote:

2. The salesman said if you copy the phonebook of your bluetooth linked phone- the phone book from your cell would get deleted !!. So better to rememeber the phone number you wanna dial and speak it everytime you wanna make a call!! Didnt beleive this.If its true, it defeats the whole purpose of having blue n me feature. Owners pls advise.
Whoever that salesman is, he is an outright idiot and does not deserve to sell the Punto. If he does not know about one of the USP's of the car (the Blue & Me technology), he should not be selling that car !!

The phonebook DOES NOT get deleted. Make sure you inform the sales guy's boss that his employee is misinformed and giving out incorrect information to prospective customers.

Quote:
Doubtful sales service and resale value.yes i know enjoy the car, dont think about resale!But, everyone does make it a factor while purchasing a car right?
Completely dealer dependent. Some get lucky - some not. And that reflects in the sales figures. Some cities have Fiat dealerships giving good after sales service, while some cities have dealers that don't care about customers. I think the best option for you would be to speak to the current fiat owners in your city.

Resale : If you are going to keep the car for 7+ years, don't think too much about resale. Nobody really knows what the Indian automotive scenario is going to be like in that time frame. So speculating about long term resale right now won't be a good exercise. Maruti is known to have good resale. But my 4 year old, 35000 km run Wagon-R is worth peanuts now (compared to what I paid when I bought it) Reason : Maruti kept on launching new versions of the Wagon-R.

Quote:
9, Didnt find USB port.Heard its in the glove box. Couldnt check.
Essyouwe has already answered : Yes : The USB does exist in the glovebox.
Old 1st November 2009, 18:43   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
On one hand you have got Hyundai with nice A.S.S, nice interiors, good resale, but underpowered engine and on the other you got Fiat not so nice A.S.S, doubtful resale value, bad interiors particularly plastic quality(Found height adjustable lever broken on a displayed Linea, glove box not closing in its slot in an active Punto, rear parcel tray slot broken in most TD puntos), but great ride quality.

I am only considering petrol hatchbacks because my monthly running is less than 700 KM a month.
Samsan02, you've got it pretty much covered there. You know whats what and all you need to do is make up your mind. The Punto's ride-handling and steering package is superior and class leading, no doubt about that. The looks are subjective, so lets leave it at that.

But, if you intend to use your car mostly in the city, the i20 is a better overall package IMO. It does not necessarily do spectacularly well in any one area, but does most things well enough. Looks, comfort, superb refinement, decent ride and handling (the light steering can be a slight bother at very high speeds though, but nothing you cannot live with), fantastic quality all round, and supposedly better after sales.

I drove a friend's well run-in i20 and the 1.2 engine was very refined and I quite liked the way the car drove. The i20 somehow has the ability to make very quick lane change maneuvers and the 185/65 R14 rubber is quite decent with ride quality and grip. At the rear though, it gets a bit bumpy (in comparison to the Punto) at higher speeds due to the softish suspension. The overall drive though is far better than earlier Hyundais.

I drive a Palio S10 and for me, driving the i20 in city was a breeze. Its such a light and refined vehicle, takes the stress out of your daily drive. The fantastic cabin quality only adds to the feel good factor.

Overall, if I had to replace my S10 today with another big hatch, I'd probably go for the i20 Asta (O) with six airbags and the sunroof in either white or blue. The 100 bhp petrol 1.4 Auto at 8.93L (on-road Mumbai) is highly overpriced though.
Old 1st November 2009, 22:38   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. The salesman said if you copy the phonebook of your bluetooth linked phone- the phone book from your cell would get deleted !!.
That's ridiculous. I just downloaded the phonebook an hour ago and nothing like that happened.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:45   #143
BHPian

Thats good news

Still I found Fiat's Sales person better than Tata's. Out of the 5 times I have visited tata showrooms,I have always been attended to by Fiat's salesteams and never ever by Tata's although I always straight away go and stand beside the Manza or the Indigo.

I have always had to request the Fiat team to pls send over some Tata sales people to attend to me.

Talk about after sales service levels? What about pre sales ??Same exp by two of my colleagues who went there.

The paper being circulated for Manza's features had basic errors too. Audio controls on steerings were mentioned only on AURA ABS onwards whereas the AURA( no abs) on display had them !!

I hope FIAT has enough sales soon to branch off into separate showrooms of their own.

There was a palio put up nearby. Man - it was built like a tank !!

Last edited by anu_romil : 2nd November 2009 at 12:52.
Old 14th November 2009, 17:52   #144
BHPian

I would like to share my experience with the test drive of punto. The people attending were courteous and had a fair knowledge about the car. No real fuss for test drive and drove it for 30-40 mins quite a number of time before booking E+ 1.4 white color

One grouse..nobody in mumbai could arrange for TD of 1.2..though i never considered it but still needed a TD to understand whats the big deal of 1.4

I guess its a decision of the heart incase of Punto. And now the wait starts..its killing!planning a drive to kutch once it is deliverd...
Old 14th November 2009, 19:01   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
That's ridiculous. I just downloaded the phonebook an hour ago and nothing like that happened.

have you tried hooking I-pod to the stereo? I went to the showroom and the salesman was not able to connect. IS it like IPod is not compatible with the stereo provided. If its not then I am in BIG trouble:(
guys let me know. also is it possible to have an attachment to the USB so that i can use it?
Help would be highly appreciated.

P.S. Anyways I have booked E+ white color
Old 16th November 2009, 13:06   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma View Post

One grouse..nobody in mumbai could arrange for TD of 1.2..though i never considered it but still needed a TD to understand whats the big deal of 1.4
Congrats on the purchase. The 1.4 is a sweet motor and revs freely. It is a stress free drive for the city. I am surprised at the unavailability of the Punto 1.2 for the TD. I had taken the 1.2 for a Td at Concorde, Worli. Here is my report of the 1.2 petrol on GTO's post :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1355245

Though, it was better to have chosen the 1.4 Fire anyways
Old 16th November 2009, 21:24   #147
BHPian

Ankur, you will need a USB adapter for iPod and upgrade firmware of Blue&me to 5.4. There are some proprietary OS related issues between iPod and Blue&me (MS), so there will be glitches.
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:56   #148
BHPian

Grande Punto or i20

Hi,

This is my first post here thought I have used a lot of useful information here.
I am planning to buy a diesel hatchback car and have zeroed in on 2 cars i.e

Fiat's Grande Punto Multijet and Hyundai's i20. I am confused which car to go and is expecting guidance from all of the team-bhpians.

I live in Bangalore and have a 2003 Santro now and travel 30Kms a day to my office and home. I like to travel atleast once in a month outside Bangalore for maybe around 300 KMs.
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:26   #149

check out this beautiful video on the punto..cant stop watching it.

Old 29th January 2010, 11:39   #150
BHPian

my vote was for punto.it is stylish,good looker,excellent handling like no other in the class,FIAT is working on its A.S.S. feel that if you listen to your heart its the italian who wins over the korean,like the difference between latin american and european soccer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks