Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 23:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Since you have not mentioned the preference of a new or pre-owned car, I'm going to suggest a pre-owned Cedia. But then you lose on the parking space thing you mentioned. But think of it..Cedia. Freek, you could also stretch and get a New Lancer.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Blackrat : Allow us the privilege of making you a driving enthusiast . Go PLONK that money on the Fiesta 1.6 / 1.6S:
would totally agree with gto's suggestion.

imo, if you would be keeping this car for a long time just like the 800, then the 2nd best suggestion would be the honda jazz.

drive both and check out which is to your liking and requirment.

Last edited by aadix : 24th June 2009 at 23:30.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Since you have not mentioned the preference of a new or pre-owned car, I'm going to suggest a pre-owned Cedia. But then you lose on the parking space thing you mentioned. But think of it..Cedia. Freek, you could also stretch and get a New Lancer.
I would have quoted that as well...but its hard to explain to a non-enthusiast...Why CEDIA???

its just when you drive this thing.. it pre-defines what you think is physically possible!!!

I have loved updating my 800 with a Cedia...

in between.. new lancer petrols are only available on orders.. production has stopped as of now.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th June 2009 at 23:34.
Old 24th June 2009, 23:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
its just when you drive this thing.. it pre-defines what you think is physically possible!!!
True true. But @blackrat are you listening ?
Quote:
in between.. new lancer petrols are only available on orders.. production has stopped as of now.
Damn! I never knew this. Making way for the new Lancer is it ? Come on HM bring it on!
Old 25th June 2009, 08:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

My vote also go for Festa 1.6S.
It would be a great upgrade from the existing one.Cheers.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:07   #21
BHPian

From the first post, it's clear our man is happy with the 800, and wants to replicate this driving experience.
The logical upgrade for you is another petrol hatch, should be a Maruti or a Hyundai, for reliability and ease of service.
I don't know about the A-star and Ritz from Maruti.
I have tried the Santro and Getz from Hyundai. Both have racked up 60,000 odd km with my wife and kids, and I don't have a single grouse. The Getz GLX petrol with ABS is very good VFM. Santro too, has what it takes.
Let us know what you choose, and why. All the best.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrat View Post
Im not a motorhead. In fact i've mostly driven my 800. I get to drive my uncle's Swift VXi on most weekends sometimes a Santro. And on 2 solitary occasions drove a Aveo 1.4 and a Palio.
The current Aveo 1.4 comes with Airbag & ABS. May be little on the higher side of 7 laks. But you can try a TD and decide. I am sure you wont be disappointed.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Where is blackrat who started this thread and what did he finally buy ?
Old 7th July 2009, 17:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

@ Blackrat where art thou?

Anyways, from your requirements, few things that I could deduce are:
  1. You need a petrol as your running is quite low.
  2. You also don't want to increase your fuel bill and hence might fitCNG later on. At the same time you want a zippy engine but you are not an enthusiast.
I would suggest you going for the WagonR Duo Lxi, decent interiors when upgrading from 800. Well within your budget and your running costs won't increase as well. As its a tried and tested MUL product which has been in the market for quite sometime, its reliability is proven. Spares and maintenance is cheap as well.

Hope you find your car and have many driving miles.

Cheers
Old 7th July 2009, 18:59   #25
BHPian

If you are single get a hatchback . The Swift petrol would be awesome fun after the 800 with more than double the power .
However with your steep budget I guess the fiesta S would be great too ! Even more fun than the swift !
But maybe your servicing cost etc might increase vis a vis a Maruti Suzuki car .
Old 7th July 2009, 23:58   #26
BANNED

If you want to stay away from rattles stay away from MUL for sure .It is best if you shortlist a few cars and go test drive them .On a note try driving a FIAT, Hyundai will take you in to new territory of how a car should feel like .On comfort level i find Fiat better than others.
Fords are expensive to maintain .And having a sedan means parking and reversing issues.SO best bet go for a hatch I20 , Punto , I10 , Vista .

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 8th July 2009 at 00:00.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:26   #27
BHPian

Ford....

Hi, After driving my 800 for over 1,00,000kms. The only thing that comes close to the manual steering is Ford. (period).

If you want to enjoy the direct steering of 800, it's got to be only Ford Fiesta/Fusion. or the Fusion available in US.

Ford's driving pleasure is pure nirvana.
Old 10th July 2009, 18:42   #28
BHPian

Being a petrolhead after owning a M800 there is no way you get the same pleasure with a diesel variant of any cars in the market today even though they are slightly powerful & more refined.
If you want to enjoy a good sporty and a fun car, go for the Ford Ikon, its so very less compared to the price it was a year back

Pros of owning an ikon
Its a pretty good powerful Engine(Petrol)
Comes completely loaded (needs to be ICEd only)
No Requirement for an alloy wheel unless you are pretty bent towards styling your car.
FE - 10-12Kmpl which solely depends on how you use it.
It comes with a Boot.(ICE it & you still have more space)
Cost is 5-5.2 Lakh on road depending on your location.
Its not a wimp (Sturdy & for rough usage too)

Cons
Before buying a Ford find a good dealer or else you will end up cribbing for A S S.

As ownerofazkaban said
Ford's driving pleasure is pure nirvana.
Old 14th July 2009, 21:20   #29
BHPian

[quote=GTO;1361058]Blackrat : Allow us the privilege of making you a driving enthusiast . Go PLONK that money on the Fiesta 1.6 / 1.6S:
- Irresistible deals on the 1.6
- Compact enough for the city
- MASSIVE upgrade over the 800 in terms of build, interior space, quality and boot capacity.
- You will find reasons to drive, especially with the 1.6S.
Your driving volume is limited, thus fuel efficiency is not a constraint at all.

+1 to that. I went with the Fiesta S after trying to figure out what I want, on this forum for about 6 months as my first car. One thing I fretted about was the parking and handling of a car with a boot right out of the block. Now i dont understand what all this fuss about parking and cars with a boot. I dont have a problem on that count.You will always figure out a slot that fits and Sport has a spoiler which other than looking really good also helps you in figuring out exactly where the car ends especially while reversing. Visibility issues zero.

If you need feedback Hondas & hyundai's are out, they dont do well there, hatches are out as most have huge blind spots and all of them have puny rear windows that offer very little rear visibility and you have more money anyway to splurge on the car.
GM cars are still not that great to drive unless you are getting a captiva.

I'm very happy with the performance. I get about 10 kmpl in blr and 14.5-15 on the highway, more than 9K Km in 6 months and I thought I'd drive 600 km a month LOL.

I dont see any issues with service either or the quality of plastics.If you want steering feedback it can't get any better( I can't comment on cedia's ability but narain kathikeyan felt Fiesta S does a better job that even the car that could still make me feel a twinge of ... So Fiesta S is the one That's fits your req to the "T". That's the one to get- Go Fida.

Last edited by marlinspike : 14th July 2009 at 21:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks