Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2009, 12:54   #1
BHPian

Value of Swift LXI and VDI ABS Second Hand

I cannot find the relevant forum for discussion this particular question, so I am posting here...

I have two swifts.

LXI March 2006 model 50K : Average Condition
VDI ABS October 2008 model 8K : Great Condition

What should I expect for these two cars if I go and sell them in the second hand market...

I know there is a classifieds section here, but I need to know what prices should be reasonable to expect from these two cars.

Update:

Just got a call from Gaadi.com agent. 4.5 for Diesel and 2.1 for Petrol. And I was assuming that the VDI ABS being a rare breed might fetch me more. Too bad. :(

Last edited by Sushubh : 25th June 2009 at 13:04.
Old 25th June 2009, 13:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

sell the diesel swift... 4.5 is good

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 25th June 2009 at 13:46.
Old 25th June 2009, 13:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dude, first of all, do not deal with agents. If he is willing to give you 4.5 lacs, understand that the value of the car is much more - add his profit and you are looking at 5 lacs.

Since it is Oct 2008 model and run only 8k, I am sure it's worth more. It depends on how much time you are willing to wait before you get the right buyer. Put in T-Bhp classifieds, Carwale etc and hope you get your deal.

Edit:- Another way of valuation is to take it to Maruti truevalue and get it valued. If you have the time, get it valued by at least 3 dealers, add 20-30k to the highest figure and that is what you should be looking at, in the minimum.

Last edited by kuttapan : 25th June 2009 at 13:52.
Old 25th June 2009, 13:54   #4
BHPian

i am in no hurries of course. i just wanted to get a basic idea for future negotiations. i plan to get it valued at more locations. before putting it up on a classifieds section, i just wanted to know how much i can get for it! of course my expectations are high because i have spent a lot on accessories and i have driven it with love and care ( :P )...

the plan was to sell them both at the best price i can get and go for the linea diesel top end model. the more i get for these two, the less i pay extra for the linea.

now, i am realizing that linea might be a terrible purchase if i ever plan to resell it. makes my decision more complicated. i scrapped the idea of going for the ANHC for Linea EMO PK...

Looks like, I would sell the petrol version now. keep the vdi abs for another year. save money in that time. and get myself a luxury sedan sometime next year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks