Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:06   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Let me break the news. Anarchist bought the ss80 last night for 51k.
Congrats Anarchist on your SS80! Cant wait after reading Santhoshs post so where are the pictures??
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
IF its genuine 50k kms its ok, irrespective of the number of owners for an excellent condition car. I have seen one such piece but having done 80k kms DX version with a close friend in Trivandrum. Take it to a good expert and get it checked to confirm the same.
is the car you are mentioning a powder blue one with KBT no?
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:09   #18
BHPian

Nope the ad for this car is on Marketplace and its white in color. I will do click the pictures this weekend and update it to the site on Sunday or Monday latest. I would like to thank S@~+#0$# for taking time to help check the car out and I was amazed at the details and the way he was going through each and every part of the car and even completed a short drive around. S@~+#0$# has clicked quite a few snaps and though the snaps were taken at night, the snaps do give a better picture of the car. Until Sunday or Monday, I am enjoying driving around the city on my SS80.
Old 3rd July 2009, 20:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
IF its genuine 50k kms its ok, irrespective of the number of owners for an excellent condition car. I have seen one such piece but having done 80k kms DX version with a close friend in Trivandrum. Take it to a good expert and get it checked to confirm the same.
sorry repeated the same post which had posted earlier

Last edited by ajay99 : 3rd July 2009 at 20:19. Reason: repeated content
Old 3rd July 2009, 21:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Nope the ad for this car is on Marketplace and its white in color. I will do click the pictures this weekend and update it to the site on Sunday or Monday latest. I would like to thank S@~+#0$# for taking time to help check the car out and I was amazed at the details and the way he was going through each and every part of the car and even completed a short drive around. S@~+#0$# has clicked quite a few snaps and though the snaps were taken at night, the snaps do give a better picture of the car. Until Sunday or Monday, I am enjoying driving around the city on my SS80.
You are welcome mate. Enjoy your car, post day-time pics ASAP. BTW, I did not know it was listed on t-bhp. Found it after you mentioned. Here it is.

Folks, checkout the pics.
Team-BHP Classifieds - 1985 Maruti Suzuki White 54k kms with LCD - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Forgot to mention, it has mirrors from a Wagon-R, these will need to go. Also, the car has a wooden steering in the pic here. But anarchist got the original steering.
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:40   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Is the car a DX? If so considering its a 3 owner car, try to negotiate for atleast 45k. If its a standard model, then reduce further. A genuine dx with actuall 50k mileage will command more than 50k, if it has all original fittings. You can check out the differentiating features of the dx version, from the ss80 thread.

By original japan parts, are you referring to the mech parts, or are the lights, indicators etc still the original japanese Tokaidenso/stanley units, if the latter items are present, the value goes up too. What colour is it in?

Also, guys, i am not sure about this car's mileage, but blindly saying that a car cannot have run just 50k in 25 years in just hogwash. My ss80 DX has done only 70k since 1985. I can show you several examples of 30+year old cars having run very unbelievably low kms.
Strange maybe for some but true. These are real life examples. My 1987 Maruti 800 Std has done a genuine 68000 kms till date. Its in our family since 22 years (19 years with me) and so the question of the speedo being tampered does not arise.
Old 3rd July 2009, 23:01   #22
BHPian

Thanks Santosh for all your guidence. I got some knowledge too.

@anarchist : Just confirmed that dad has kept the original mirrors which were taken out from some previous SS80. Also I guess these mirrors are the same of 118NE. So sourcing the mirrors wont be an issue. Anyways have some more items too. Let me check the basket and will confirm to you tomorrow. Good luck with your new acquisition.

Last edited by kiran1103 : 3rd July 2009 at 23:03.
Old 4th July 2009, 16:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
Thanks Santosh for all your guidence. I got some knowledge too.

@anarchist : Just confirmed that dad has kept the original mirrors which were taken out from some previous SS80. Also I guess these mirrors are the same of 118NE. So sourcing the mirrors wont be an issue. Anyways have some more items too. Let me check the basket and will confirm to you tomorrow. Good luck with your new acquisition.
no,the 118 ne and the ss80 wing rear view mirror is not the same.the ss80 was genuine SGP made in Japan.
Old 5th July 2009, 11:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
Thanks Santosh for all your guidence. I got some knowledge too
Nothing at all mate. Like your dad, I was always a fan of the ss80, but got most of my knowledge from this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
no,the 118 ne and the ss80 wing rear view mirror is not the same.the ss80 was genuine SGP made in Japan.
To add to that, the 118NE mirrors were chrome IIRC. They were almost the same size and shape though.
Old 8th July 2009, 12:01   #25
BHPian

Anarchist: Hows your ss80 doing? Waiting for your experience and pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Nothing at all mate. Like your dad, I was always a fan of the ss80, but got most of my knowledge from this thread.
I meant the SS80 thread in the Classics section.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:48   #26
BHPian

The car is absolute hoot to drive around, well I do have a Getz CRDi for my regular office commute, I am enjoying driving around the SS80. I barely have the time to do a detailed ownership update, would need your help S@~+#0$#, probably this weekend Saturday or Sunday to do a detail comparo with my SS80 and your SS80 DX. Well a lot depends on whether I have to fly out to Melbourne this weekend or not :(
Old 8th July 2009, 14:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
would need your help S@~+#0$#, probably this weekend Saturday or Sunday to do a detail comparo with my SS80 and your SS80 DX
Sure mate, would be glad to do the comparo. Only, I will be away on holiday this weekend. Definitely, some other time.

Quote:
Well a lot depends on whether I have to fly out to Melbourne this weekend or not :(
Cool, lot of zukis in Aus. There is a UTE version(Utility) called the Mighty-Boy which is based on the ss80. Lots of parts are same. Unfortunately, I could not get anything for my ss80 when I was in Melb.

OT: While you are there, visit the wreckers(like a Gujari, but much bigger, with full cars in there) at Clayton - Ph:95477377. There is a 1$ entry fee and you do carry some basic tools as you will have to remove the parts yourself. If this is your first visit, gimme a call. Lots of Automobile places in Melb, will be glad to share with you.
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:02   #28
BHPian

dont mean to be offensive just curious. 25 yr old 800cc car.Why does it command a 50k price tag?
Old 23rd July 2009, 01:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
dont mean to be offensive just curious. 25 yr old 800cc car.Why does it command a 50k price tag?
Nothing to do with years but the shape. An 86 model which is 2 years younger goes for scrap value.
Old 23rd July 2009, 05:57   #30
BHPian

Well rightly said Mpower. You can get a Cielo or first gen palio 1.2 for less than 50k these days you can ask why but I aint got the answer also you can ask why a world war one car or bike commands such a huge sum I aint got answer for that too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks