Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 15:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

^^
as per company official it is going to be 85% by year end and , according to most Linea owners the spares are the cheapest in the segment.
Punto sharing the same platform/drive drain cant be costlier.

well done FIAT
Old 6th July 2009, 16:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

I would say just take the Punto out on the most rutted, abused road around the test drive area and floor it and repeat the excercize with any other car this of 15 lakhs Rs and not just Getz and you will have your answer. As they say seeing is believeing.
Old 7th July 2009, 04:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I would say just take the Punto out on the most rutted, abused road around the test drive area and floor it and repeat the excercize with any other car this of 15 lakhs Rs and not just Getz and you will have your answer. As they say seeing is believeing.
For that matter take the car to a drag strip or a highway and floor it you'd have a different answer.

Handling is the USP of both Linea and Punto thanks to nicely tuned suspension and nicely specced tyres in the E+ variant for Punto.

Having said that, the USP doesnt replace the drawbacks like high turning radius, poor NVH levels, poor space for its size, suspect plastic quality and poor power to weight ratio.

Its totally up to the buyer of what his criteria are to buy a car. If he wants drooling looks and great handling he would definitely go for Punto. If he wants contemprary interiors, power, resale, good NVH etc. than he is better of considering other cars. i20 CRDI would further give new options for a customer in this segment.
Old 7th July 2009, 04:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

i had suggest to wait for i20 crdi to be launched. look at the pricing and then decide.

i have a gut feeling that i20 magna would be within your reach by adding small amount to your exisiting budget.

if i20-crdi exceeds your budget, i would simply suggest you to go for getz crdi.

looking at your 2,3,5,6 requirements, getz is a clear winner. your first requirement is a mix bag. punto and getz both excel in this department. frequency of service is less in getz compared to punto. but both are suppose(to early to say about punto) to be reliable though after sales service of tata-fiat is not that great compared to hyundai's. getz also has a trump card - its engine. each time you decide to do some spirited driving, getz crdi will bring a smile on face that's worth a million bucks.

as a long term option, as your vehicle may be garaged for few months, i had suggest you look for petrol based vehicles.

best bet would be, you test ride both of them back to back and make an informed decision.

Last edited by chevelle : 7th July 2009 at 04:43.
Old 7th July 2009, 18:12   #35
BHPian

i20 CRDI is launched today at a price of 6.19 Lakhs approx ex-showroom for Magna(i might be wrong too for the price). It has a 1.4 L engine with max. power of 90 bhp @4000 rpm and max torque 224 nm @1750 rpm.

i20 1.4 L automatic petrol also lauched today with carried a max power of 100 bhp.
Old 7th July 2009, 18:50   #36
BHPian

The getz is out of the debate isint it ?
i20 Diesel @ 6.19 seems to be a good deal.
Comfort , looks , status , frugal (its a diesel!), good service .
Old 7th July 2009, 19:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
For that matter take the car to a drag strip or a highway and floor it you'd have a different answer.

Handling is the USP of both Linea and Punto thanks to nicely tuned suspension and nicely specced tyres in the E+ variant for Punto.

Having said that, the USP doesnt replace the drawbacks like high turning radius, poor NVH levels, poor space for its size, suspect plastic quality and poor power to weight ratio.

Its totally up to the buyer of what his criteria are to buy a car. If he wants drooling looks and great handling he would definitely go for Punto. If he wants contemprary interiors, power, resale, good NVH etc. than he is better of considering other cars. i20 CRDI would further give new options for a customer in this segment.
I just told him what is the best bit about the Punto... let him decide... why are you taking an exception to it?
Old 7th July 2009, 19:45   #38
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your inputs.

Now with the i20 prices announced the options left for me are either Punto Dynamic/ Getz CRDi. I just waited for the i20 prices but the price is way high for me. And my situation in deciding the car is also very critical i.e., if i go for punto i should wait for some time for a complete user feedback and if i go for Getz it should be in a day or two because the dealer says the stock is very very limited(this is last friday's status). In worst case i may not get one.

While my perception towards Getz and Punto is evenly matched there is some unknown fear in my mind about Fiat. IMHO fiat is missing something in their products which may not cost them more than 5% of the product itself.

IMHO feature wise Palio SDX is better than Punto Dynamic.

Last edited by ForeRunner : 7th July 2009 at 19:46. Reason: grammer
Old 8th July 2009, 09:53   #39
BHPian

"While my perception towards Getz and Punto is evenly matched there is some unknown fear in my mind about Fiat. IMHO fiat is missing something in their products which may not cost them more than 5% of the product itself. "

I have been a FIAT user for 7 years now - 5 years with Palio 1.2 and since the last 2 years with Palio Stile 1.6. I have never had an issue with the cars . The car rarely fails and the only time I had to do something was when there was an accident. I also never had experienced bad *** service but it was not great either. The handling of the insurance by the dealership, the one time that I required it was also very prompt and effective.

IMHO feature wise Palio SDX is better than Punto Dynamic. [/quote]
I don't know - does Dynamic have ABS, Airbags, Climate control, integrated Audio etc which are not there on Palio.
Old 8th July 2009, 10:23   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Hi Everyone,

While my perception towards Getz and Punto is evenly matched there is some unknown fear in my mind about Fiat. IMHO fiat is missing something in their products which may not cost them more than 5% of the product itself.

IMHO feature wise Palio SDX is better than Punto Dynamic.
The palio is dead brother. If an older car does not bother you, then don't bother to look further than the getz!
Old 8th July 2009, 10:45   #41
BHPian

Mate,

You will mostly not be able to make a very objective decision here. In all probability, you will not be able to TD the Getz.

Have you been to the Fiat showroom yet? If not, I suggest you do that asap. They may make the decision for you, like they did for me. I went in with a cheque book to book the Palio SDX (first) and then again once to book the Punto. Both times, they didn't seem to want to sell me a car. I went to Hyundai, felt like a King and will be taking delivery of my Getz CRDi this week.

Head would always say Punto. There is so much being written about it (esp on this website!) that it is hard not to be influenced.

For some more gyaan about Fiats and TASS and expert opinions, head over to the Palio Users India Yahoo Group (google for it). I am sure you gonna be more confused than ever!

Typically, fans buy a Fiat. An average Joe will not. 'nuff said!

As regards the various specs of the cars, you need to analyze your own driving more than anything else. Handling may be superior in the Punto. But, this is more important for the guys who push the limits. Similarly, just look at how you drive and what would be important for you. However, I would always recommend ABS and airbags for any sort. These are needed to protect against the guys who ARE pushing their cars to the limit!

Also, the Emotion Petrol is just a tad over 6 lakhs. Out of the question?
Old 8th July 2009, 12:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Getz is outdated.
Go for the Punto.
Its a great car.
Go through the Punto related threads to know about its various qualities.
Old 8th July 2009, 13:58   #43
BANNED

And as people are saying Getz production is being stopped so best option is Punto.
Old 8th July 2009, 14:20   #44
BHPian

I agree that if dealerships make you feel like a king, you will certainly want to buy the car from them. But a sensible buyer will also look at the product and check out other dealerships. I hope you do that. Its a quite a bit of money you pay and so a little more diligence is always helpful.

And not all and certainly not the majority of FIATS are bought by racing enthusiats. So that is definitely an overstatement.
Old 8th July 2009, 14:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
I agree that if dealerships make you feel like a king, you will certainly want to buy the car from them. But a sensible buyer will also look at the product and check out other dealerships. I hope you do that. Its a quite a bit of money you pay and so a little more diligence is always helpful.

And not all and certainly not the majority of FIATS are bought by racing enthusiats. So that is definitely an overstatement.
Definitely not racing enthusiasts. i meant fans of Fiat. Not racing.

Obviously product comes first. Given that this is a close race between 2 good cars, the factors like *** and dealerships does come in. We are not comparing 2 vastly different cars!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks