Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 17:34   #31
BHPian

Its really getting tough and confusing to find the right car of one's choice.
Every car would have certain advantages over the other car and in some other places you would need to compromise for certain issues.
One should set the parameters very clearly and then decide.
Ritz in the present scenario is enjoying the comfort zone provided by Maruti.
Vista on the other hand does not enjoy that liberty. Infact it is struggling to create an identity of itself.

Lets for one instance imagine Ritz was manufactured by TATA and Vista by Maruti.
Then what would be your reaction and choice. Would it be the same?
My point of argument here is look at the individual product and not the company cause both these products are equally comparable and one should buy what suits best for him.
Also do not worry about the resale of your car 5 years down the line, considering the present scenario of cars flooding the indian market, we might have a UK, US scenario for the 2nd hand car market. you never know electric/ hybrid cars might rule the road 5-7 years from now and some would still be stuck with their Rs.1000/- petrol/diesel cars.
Think which car would fulfill your requirement today and go for it and enjoy it.
Cheers!
Old 15th July 2009, 17:45   #32
BHPian

Face problems you will, whichever car you buy.

I'm not being a pessimist, but being pragmatic.

The only difference is that if you buy the indica, you would curse yourself for buying one every single time something comes up. Please don't buy one until you have full trust in every single car that TATA churns out.

In the swift, you would be so much in love with the car that you would put it down to you not taking enough care of the car and end up blaming yourself.

In the ritz, well, it's too early to say really, but with the interior quality being spruced up as compared to the swift, you will probably have the most reliable and trouble free experience in the coming 5 years.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:33   #33
BHPian

I remember seeing the NDTV car and bike show, maybe last year, where they were comparing Getz crdi with Swift DDIS. The show host was pointing out that to accomodate the crdi engine Hyundai had strengthened the engine bay with additional steel reinforcements while Maruti had just plonked the crdi engine without extra steel reinforcement. I thought that was a big negative aspect about the build quality of Maruti. Maybe their interiors look really great but they should put more emphasis on ensuring a lasting product.

The Aug'08 issue of a car mag specifically mentions that Tatas have strengthened the engine bay area with steel reinforcement.

Even my present Wagon-R feels like coming apart on bad roads and makes me realise the thin gauge sheet being used.

Could this also be the case of build quality with the Ritz?

Maybe Maruti is not perfect all the time !!

Last edited by nitindangoria : 15th July 2009 at 19:37.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

no such problems with the vista almost all tata cars are designed primarily as diesel cars !

One would go so far as to say that the petrol ones arent sufficiently lightened. but thats not as much a problem, is it
Old 15th July 2009, 20:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

A main cause of Bad Mouthing of Vista is due to the "Indica Vista" Tag which they used.
Old 16th July 2009, 00:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

Indians will never be satisfied with the rear legroom. I wonder if everyone wants to seat a giraffe in the back.

Anyways, TD the two vehicles. Go for the one that feels better. I always felt thats the best way to decide between two close competitors. You might want to look at the Ritz Petrol. From what I have read, the K12M engine is a treat.

All the best!
Old 16th July 2009, 08:11   #37
sb1

I would say Vista, with your eyes closed. I was taking some TDs in the last few weeks , when i tried both of these cars. As matter fact I TDed, Vista Quadrajet Auro & Ritz VDI.

Vista:

Pros:
  1. Great interior, plastic quality space and ride comfort.
  2. Great braking distance , very less body roll.
  3. Great use of space like co-driver seat bottle holders, the glove box is huge can accomodate a laptop
  4. When the glasses are up , you can hardly feel any engine noise. It was so quite that I had enquired the sales person if it is really a diesel car.
  5. The milage I also hear in this forum is awesome in the range of 16-18KM/L in city.
  6. Plus u get a lot of stuff like ICE, defogger etc in the aura version with much lesser price and Tatas are offering some discounts atleast.
Cons:
  1. Poor A.S.S the tata legacy u can say. but they are improving.
  2. Taxi family tag that tata has , it is hardly distingushable from behind.

Ritz

Pros:
  1. Maruti's reliability & A.S.S.
  2. Tested duarjet Fiat engine from swift family.
  3. Newer car.
  4. Good ride quality , better than Swift I must say, speacially at the back seat.
Cons:
  1. No discounts, Maruti seems to be acting too proudy!!!
  2. No ICE, defogger rear wiper, lumber support and vertically adjustable seats. There is no way u can get those actually there is no ZDI model available!!!
  3. Body roll when u corner at speeds, considering the tall boy look it has.
  4. Engine noise is audible when glasses are rolled, should have a better sound insulation.
  5. I personally kind of do not like the looks at the back of the car, some how I feel the car just ends.
Go for Vista ...
Old 11th August 2009, 11:07   #38
BHPian

check exhaustive reveiw of the same

check indepth reveiw betw : swift vs vista vs ritz ; diesels
you may get insights and answers , refer
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ajet-aura.html

according to me ritz is better package for family and carries maruti value.
Old 15th August 2009, 15:25   #39
BHPian

Edit : Bought the Vista

After lot of deliberations we finally settled for the white vista aura. Decided to give a tata vehicle a try. Plus there was also the 70K price difference which clinched the deal.

I have some questions regarding the warranty issues. I was told that I could not go in for a horn relay, could not install a two tone horn as it will void the warranty.

Can someone please clarify on this? The single horn installed is simply inadequate on the highway.
Old 15th August 2009, 21:27   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
After lot of deliberations we finally settled for the white vista aura. Decided to give a tata vehicle a try. Plus there was also the 70K price difference which clinched the deal.

I have some questions regarding the warranty issues. I was told that I could not go in for a horn relay, could not install a two tone horn as it will void the warranty.

Can someone please clarify on this? The single horn installed is simply inadequate on the highway.
Yes, the default horn is not at all adequate. So for my Vista Aqua I got Roots Vibrosonic installed by TASC. The service centre did not have horn in stock and so just requested me to get it from elsewhere. And don't forget the relay.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:08   #41
BHPian

Congratulations!. It is definitely a decision you will not regret. I was in a similar quandary a couple of months ago, but now i dont regret buying the Vista a wee bit. I did a 1.5k trip in a couple of days in all types of roads (ghat sections, godawful roads with craters for roads) and inadvertantly flying over road bumps at about 80kms speeds because they werent painted for proper vision(ha, isnt that too much to expect really!), and all of this abuse over the period were just swallowed up with consummate ease.

The power is also more than enough to over take any vehicle in tight situations and the ride was also superb. The way in which the gaadi handled the crater filled roads was really a revelation.

I do admit to have had teething problems initially, esp the notorious rubber beading along the windshield and windows. The rear wiper also had an issue and i would have expected such nitpicks to have been taken care of by the dealer when i left the showroom, but i guess they werent. I should have looked very closely for such likes, but me being me, i couldnt have caught them. In any case, it was a couple of more trips to the service center(personally, i hate going to service centers for issues that should have been taken care of initially). If you take along an experienced chap that can look for minutia then you have absolutely nothing to regret.
Old 17th August 2009, 13:52   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasekeh View Post
Congratulations!. It is definitely a decision you will not regret. I was in a similar quandary a couple of months ago, but now i dont regret buying the Vista a wee bit.
Yes. I too was a bit apprehensive about TATA but the waiting period for Swift made me choose Vista despite my not liking its rear shape. After the beading issues were sorted out during the first service, I did not so far have even a minor issue during the last seven months/4500kms. Service and their attitude seems far better than what I had heard about.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I do admit to have had teething problems initially, esp the notorious rubber beading along the windshield and windows. The rear wiper also had an issue and i would have expected such nitpicks to have been taken care of by the dealer when i left the showroom, but i guess they werent. I should have looked very closely for such likes, but me being me, i couldnt have caught them. In any case, it was a couple of more trips to the service center(personally, i hate going to service centers for issues that should have been taken care of initially). If you take along an experienced chap that can look for minutia then you have absolutely nothing to regret.
For a moment I thought it was me who had written all this. have been through similar phase but like you I too am satisfied.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:38   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ritz has undoubtedly got excellent fit and finish cues where the Vista tends to lag behind a bit.
However, the Vista (quadrajet) is a larger, more comfortable vehicle with much more luggage space.
Personally I would prefer the Vista's looks to those of the Ritz.
But I probably wouldnt rest with a peaceful mind when it comes to Tata Motors after sales service in comparison with Maruti.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
But I probably wouldnt rest with a peaceful mind when it comes to Tata Motors after sales service in comparison with Maruti.
Hmmm, i probably havent had years of experience with TATA a.s.s but with my three trips to the service center and another experience with a dead battery (courtesy my asinine memory), I can only say that they have been pleasant experiences so far. The service advisor even called me a couple of days later to check on how the car was faring!.

Touchwood, so far so good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks