Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 08:59   #1
BHPian

Indica Vista vs Ritz

Friends,
I am contemplating upgrading to a QJD Vista Aura. The OTR is about 5.15 which includes free insurance and Tata employee discount.
Ritz OTR is about 5.80 but doesn't have many features of the Aura. For ex : rear wiper/defogger/, dual tone dashboard, lumbar support on front seats, height adjustable driver's seat etc.
Considering that both have the same engine/gear box/interior space I am looking for your help to decide whether the Vista is as good as the Ritz. On one side is the price difference of about 65k and on the other side is the better resale value of the Ritz and less build quality complaints .
I have gone through hundreds of threads in which there are so many complaints about the Vista quality. Which makes me think whether Vista will give me adequate service 5 years down the line.
Looking forward to your valuable replies.

Last edited by nitindangoria : 14th July 2009 at 09:00.
Old 14th July 2009, 09:47   #2
BHPian

Ok. It is like you said, both cars are fairly similar. The Vista is better than the Ritz on interior space, comfort and ride quality (not that the Ritz is small, but the Vista is the benchmark for hatchback space). The Ritz is a much newer car, has better overall parts quality, Maruti reliability and fantastic A.S.S.

I would say the Ritz might have better resale than the Vista a few years down. Also, the Vista's engine is similar to the Swift's engine while the Ritz is running the newer K-series engine from Maruti. I would say your choice boils down to

Greater space, comfort vs Newer car, Maruti reliability and A.S.S.

My vote would be, go for the Ritz. As good as the Vista is (and looks from the front), the Indica brand image is too close to taxi for my liking. The Ritz is a great car that should go on forever like most Maruti's seem to do.

P.S. Is there a reason why you narrowed down to just these two instead of looking at the Punto or the i10 or i20?

Last edited by adithyav : 14th July 2009 at 09:54.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Between the two, I would say Indica vista. Many a tata critics have been silenced by this gem of a car. Not that it's completely fault-free but is now much more ergonomical and smooth. But if you need to go for a car with better image Ritz will cut it for you. It is more refined, has a better network of dealers and will fetch you a better resale price.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:11   #4
BHPian

Indica Vista all the way! There is no need to think at all!

I did not like the seats in Ritz - They do not offer good thigh support even at the front! I am not a great fan of its handling too.

I dont know how important the space inside is for you - but Vista ROCKS in this department.

I'll pick up a Vista with my eyes closed.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:13   #5
BANNED

Hi Nitin,

Both the cars which have in mind - Ritz & Vista are nice.
Ritz is a good package but I wouldn't prefer it if we compare with the Vista, Actually, I'm fed up of these tall boy designs but with the Ritz you get a MSIL badge which stands for reliablity and peace of Mind.

Coming to Vista, Its nice as well but I doubt how will it perform for long run, 5 years aren't so much so I hope you get a trouble free experience with a Tata car.

BTW, Why don't you consider other cars such as i20 etc?

All the best.
VT
Old 14th July 2009, 10:18   #6
BHPian

The Vista is way ahead in terms of space and comfort factor.

The Ritz is way ahead in terms of AC performence, feels quicker too.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:23   #7
BHPian

Go for the vista. Its very much a refined car since the first indica. Ritz on the other hand is relatively new to the market. Although maintainence per say ritz will be less expensive to maintain than the vista but you can`t be sure about its reliability in the long term. So, go for the vista. I am sure its worth every penny.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:30   #8
BHPian

I would say Ritz. It has better build quality and quicker than Vista. IMHO, vista is yet another Indica. Simply you can't differentiate between its own sibling. In side the cabin, quality is not so great too. Road view is superior in Ritz when compared to Vista. If you are comfortable with TATA's quality and niggling issues, go for Vista!
Old 14th July 2009, 10:54   #9
BHPian

If money is not a constraint for you then buy what you like after test-driving and experiencing both the cars otherwise I'm also not able to find any strong logical reasons for the amount of premium other cars are demanding over Vista starting from Jazz, i20, Punto, Swift and now Ritz. Well I'm sure there will be reasons and they do justfy the premium(again not all) but the quantum is not at all justified. So here again I'm not able to comprehend the premium of 65k and with even lesser features. The only areas where I see Ritz scoring over Vista is the large A.S.S network everything else is either equal or less in Ritz. I don't buy the quality argument also as I have seen Maruti cars not that great at quality front too, it is just that you get the issues fixed quickly at close to your home or work place hence it does not bother you or the buyer sets his/her expectations low as he/she thinks it is cheaper than other brands. So finally it is the first line of my statement which matters, if saving money is important for you nothing beats Vista as it gives whole lot of car at much lower price.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
I would say Ritz. It has better build quality and quicker than Vista. IMHO, vista is yet another Indica. Simply you can't differentiate between its own sibling. In side the cabin, quality is not so great too. Road view is superior in Ritz when compared to Vista. If you are comfortable with TATA's quality and niggling issues, go for Vista!
"2009 - Ritz Vdi" Ritz owner huh!!!! I understand.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:30   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithyav View Post
Vista's engine is similar to the Swift's engine while the Ritz is running the newer K-series engine from Maruti.
I guess the choice is between Ritz Diesel and Vista Diesel both of which are exactly same renowned FIAT 1.3 MULTIJET. SO there is no difference. The K-series you mentioned is in Ritz Petrol. There again, Swift and Vista Petrol engine are not similar. Vista uses FIAT's 1.2 FIRE engine while swift uses in-house maruti suzuki engine.

Given the option b/w the two cars and my personal experiences with both, I would go with Indica Vista because I didn't find much in Ritz to justify its inflated price tag.

Indica Vista is eons ahead of its predecessor and any Vista owner would confirm. Tata has actually made efforts to move ahead with times and it is unfair to bog down a very good car because of its past lineage.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:03   #12
Senior - BHPian

both these cars are competent cars. Is the tata ASC near your place any good? CtrlAltDel has been pretty happy with autofin there, but others (including me) not so much. In the end , now that tata has a capable product, the difference is just in the ownership experience. Would you sacrifice a little peace of mind every 10,000km/6 months to save the 60+K and get the goodies now ?
It is as simple as that
Old 14th July 2009, 14:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

I think you can go with a Ritz as it has proven its mantel internationally especially the tough European hatch market.

Tata’s Cars lack what you called the image factor being more of a taxi kind.

More over the resale value of a Tata car will be far less than a Maruti.
Give high weight-age to re-sell ability factor if you are planning to sell your car within next 5 years or so.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

I would say Vista.... the plastic quality is not the best but it certainly isnt bad. My cousin has one and has done more than 18k kms in 9 month with some punishing highway drives with nary a rattle or squeak to speak off. The suspension, the space, the equipment and the engine tuning makes it even better.... to me me it even looks better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I think you can go with a Ritz as it has proven its mantel internationally especially the tough European hatch market.
Its the other way around. A car which can survive Indian roads can survive almost anywhere. Enough of foren is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Tata’s Cars lack what you called the image factor being more of a taxi kind.

More over the resale value of a Tata car will be far less than a Maruti.
Give high weight-age to re-sell ability factor if you are planning to sell your car within next 5 years or so.
Arent we speculating too far ahead. Its 5 years from now.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th July 2009 at 15:59. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 14th July 2009, 15:50   #15
BHPian

@greenhorn : Yes, Autofin is nearer to my place.

@VT : Budget constraints prevent me from considering higher priced hatchbacks.

Thanks to one and all for your replies. I am surprised about the max votes in favour of Vista. The only real advantage, I believe, of the Ritz is in it's superior AC.

I will let my family members read your posts , so that I don't get brickbats if something goes wrong after buying the Vista .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks