Team-BHP - Which Automatic Hatch?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Hatchbacks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/)
-   -   Which Automatic Hatch? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/61734-automatic-hatch-3.html)

what are the other Diesel AT hatches expected and when?
i own i10 AT now, will upgrade to Diesel AT Hatch possibly in future.

-MUKE

i think you are stuck with only one option as of now. i10 AT. Unless GM decides to drop an a/t in the new spark

There's also the i20 A/T. No automatic diesel hatch to the best of my k'ge.

The cheapest diesel A/T is a verna. No diesel A/t hatch yet in india - though it is just what we need at this moment (frugality of running a diesel engine + easy handling of a hatch + realxed drive of an A/T)!! Are the manufacturers listening?

among the AT options listed by the thread starter.

I10 AT is clearly the best option.
Second hand City (NHC) AT would be available in the same price band. (Good reliable second hand option)
Second hand Lancer AT too would be available in an even lower price band.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1460475)
If you can wait for about 8 months you may be able to get a 1.5 Jazz AT!

Thanks. 8 months for 1.5L:thumbs up Jazz Automatic. i think its worth to wait. so i will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitewheel (Post 1462054)
Thanks. 8 months for 1.5L:thumbs up Jazz Automatic. i think its worth to wait. so i will.

there's 1.4L i20 AT which you get now (2 weeks delivery in Bangalore) at the price of 1.2L Jazz Manual, which is around Rs.8.5L OTR.

My guess is 1.5L Jazz AT will be priced easily Rs.1.5L more than the current price for 1.2L Jazz Manual. so easily around Rs.10L pricing for 1.5L Jazz AT.

Unless you are a Honda buff, is the wait and money really worth it?

At present i own ANHC manual transmission. I had a TD of i20 CRDI and i liked the engine but the not the comfort. As far as the comfort and seating is concerned i find no major difference in Jazz and ANHC.

I am surprised why Maruti is unable to provide AT in Swift Petrol or Diesel cars or even Dzire vehicles.

i guess all the manufacturers feels that India is not ready for AT cars at present but failed to understand there are not many options for us to buy AT cars, let them provide AT cars in VFM and iam sure AT is sure hit considering the amount of stress each drivers undergo in city traffic.
my guess is that we will see good emergence of AT cars and possibly overtake MT car sales in less than 10 years. during my last drive to Chennai i noticed many i10 Automatics and this increase in AT trend shows the interest is turning towards AT cars.

Hyundai alone has AT cars in all 4 segments, small, hatchback ,mid segment and luxury segment.(i10,i20,Verna AT,Sonata) but there is no VFM proposition in other hyundai AT segments except i10 but it looks like hyundai is silently catching the AT market before even other manufactures wakes up.

If Maruti, Tata wake up to release Diesel hatchback AT cars then i am sure they can also join this AT revolution.

Hyundai dealer managed to provide me test drive of AT i10 and verna eventhough i was not interested for AT cars but the moment i experienced the AT i decided my next car is AT, so i booked i10 AT..lol:, this way hyundai is managing to move customers towards AT slowly and silently

-MUKE

Hi

I have a 2005 Sonata which my wife currently drives and she wants to switch to a small car Automatic . I am not a big fan of brand new cars but it seems nearly impossible to find a good second hand AT hatch.
Would you recommend the i10 or i20 AT? Do you think I can bargain a good exchange deal with a Hyundai dealer? If yes what should I expect for my 2005 Sonata S20. Well maintained, all leather seats, alloy wheels etc?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machdar (Post 1717693)
Hi

I have a 2005 Sonata which my wife currently drives and she wants to switch to a small car Automatic . I am not a big fan of brand new cars but it seems nearly impossible to find a good second hand AT hatch.
Would you recommend the i10 or i20 AT? Do you think I can bargain a good exchange deal with a Hyundai dealer? If yes what should I expect for my 2005 Sonata S20. Well maintained, all leather seats, alloy wheels etc?

I am not sure you find many i20 AT available on the second hand market. i10 should be the better choice. The same engine and easier to go around in the city. I can say this because own one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1717816)
I am not sure you find many i20 AT available on the second hand market. i10 should be the better choice. The same engine and easier to go around in the city. I can say this because own one.

the i20 automatic has a 1.4l 100 bhp petrol and not the 1.2 kappa that the manual i20 has.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 1717822)
the i20 automatic has a 1.4l 100 bhp petrol and not the 1.2 kappa that the manual i20 has.

Sorry that was a slip. I was aware. Just compared to the regular i20.

Thanks Guys,

I just met the Hyundai dealer. He has not seen my sonata but estimates between 2-2.7 for it. Do you think its a good trade in?

Ampere you mentioned there are lot of AT i10's cannot seem to find any on carwale or at dealers. Do let me know if you spot any ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machdar (Post 1718063)
I just met the Hyundai dealer. He has not seen my sonata but estimates between 2-2.7 for it. Do you think its a good trade in?

A well maintained 2005 Sonata will fetch you above 4 lakhs. Dealers always quote a much lower figure during trade in.