Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 16:54   #46
BHPian

Thank You Diesel Fan,

Even Carwale seems to give a better valuation. I guess I will try a couple of other dealers too. I thought you may get a little more than outside as the sales guy also makes new sale in a trade in but I guess I was wrong.
Old 10th February 2010, 09:47   #47
BHPian

You can give a try in My TVS?
Old 10th February 2010, 11:49   #48
BHPian

My TVS? Are they used car dealers? where are they located?
Old 10th February 2010, 14:04   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machdar View Post
Thanks Guys,

I just met the Hyundai dealer. He has not seen my sonata but estimates between 2-2.7 for it. Do you think its a good trade in?

Ampere you mentioned there are lot of AT i10's cannot seem to find any on carwale or at dealers. Do let me know if you spot any ?
@Machdar,

Sorry for the late response. I mentioned, I am NOT sure you will find many. The reason being, that as it is ATs sold are lower in volume and folks who buy, will either:

- Take that as a second car for the house mostly for ladies
- Or will actually keep for a longer time. (Seems bit illogical, but I have seen this to be true for most of the times)

So i10 AT you probably will not find many in the used car market.
Old 10th February 2010, 14:42   #50
BHPian

So I guess I either go in for a brand new i10AT or 120AT right now? Can get myself to waste that kind of monies on a new car will probably get a Sedan AT second hand for the same price?
Old 10th February 2010, 16:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for an used AT car for my Dad. I find only two options OHC AT and Santro AT. Both are being sold around same price 2.5 Lac to 3 Lac. Guys what you think is better ?
Old 10th February 2010, 16:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
So I guess I either go in for a brand new i10AT or 120AT right now? Can get myself to waste that kind of monies on a new car will probably get a Sedan AT second hand for the same price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I am looking for an used AT car for my Dad. I find only two options OHC AT and Santro AT. Both are being sold around same price 2.5 Lac to 3 Lac. Guys what you think is better ?

Team-bhp classifieds has an i10 sportz automatic. Not sure if its still available

Team-BHP Classifieds - Hyundai i10 Sportz Automatic- Aug 2009 Bangalore - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Old 10th February 2010, 17:37   #53
BHPian

Thanks Neon,

will check right away! Asking price 4.7: do you think its worth it?
Old 10th February 2010, 20:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Neon,

will check right away! Asking price 4.7: do you think its worth it?

The present On road Bangalore for 1.2 AT sportz is about 5.5 (Without considering discounts if any)

If I were buying, would probably try and settle for 4.25-4.5. A one lakh depreciation for hardly used less than a year old car and buying from a team-bhp member would be a sweet deal.
Old 11th February 2010, 06:15   #55
Team-BHP Support

@Machdar,

If you are looking for an AT, the basic Magna AT should be about 4.8-5 OTR. If you are OK with a used Sportz AT at 4.2.-4.5, my feel is a new Magna AT at 5 should be a good deal.

Also once you have a decided that you need a small car, then you should not compare, what equivalent sedan you could have got with the same money. Reason being that a small car will provide city mobility comfort, which a sedan may not. Once your domain is narrowed to a sector, you should not look beyond it and see what you are loosing. Because after-all you had a primary to select a particular sector.

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2010 at 06:18.
Old 11th February 2010, 09:47   #56
BHPian

Quote:
My TVS? Are they used car dealers? where are they located?
Yes they also deal with used cars. Sorry i don't know where it is located in Bangalore.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:17   #57
BHPian

Thanks Ampere & Neon,
Well the whole idea came about finding it difficult to drive the sonata and we decided to check a smaller AT. I am on of the most outspoken advocate of used cars. ( my personal opinion is that a new car is a waste of money especially in indian road & traffic conditions) . However my search quickly ended as there is nearly zero AT in the used small car segment. So now the debate inside my head is a new i20AT or a used AT sedan. Both come at nearly same price maybe the sedan even cheaper & both relatively easier to manage in comparison to the sonata. What do you recommend now that you have the whole picture?
Old 17th October 2010, 21:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

i10 Sports AT TD - Advice needed before buying.

We believe its time for a new small car for the family, especially for my wife.

Requirements:

1. Second car, small hatch
2. 99% city drive, so, we prefer an AT
3. Easy to drive and park in the city
4. Wife likes i10, we too
5. I (6'2"), might drive it occasionally, so good leg room for driver

We TDed Nissan Micra and i10.

Micro is superior in terms of ride and comfort. But NO AT option.

i10 Ride was good, AT is peppy, easy to drive, though it is not very enthusiastic to a Scorpio driver, its impressive in its segment. So, our mind is almost settled with an i10 AT, sportz variant. Asta comes with a premium for the safety stuff, which, I believe not needed within the cramped city drive and it also comes with an useless sunroof.

Now, I have questions.

1. Is AT a wise choice? Especially with its poor FE, a separate thread of worried owners are discussing it which is bothering a little.
2. Will it retain a good resale value?
3. AT gear box maintenance - will it be a trouble?

How will be the overall ownership experience?

I would like to book that next week - But AS USUAL, I wanted to do so, ONLY after I get the views from my team-bhp mentors. :-)

Thanks,
Old 17th October 2010, 21:24   #59
BHPian

Hi Benny,

For City drive, i10 is like walk in cake.

If FE is your concern. You can go for Manual option too, if your partner is comfort with it.

Reg, resale value. All car will depreciate and makes no sheer value in near future.
Considering the brand value and if you keep your car for 5 years. Don't need bother much.

Reg, AT gear box maintenance, Go for extended warranty to play safe.

Being an i10 owner. I recommend this korean catty.
Still if you dont believe me. Check it out of some of the long term ownership report from our fellow bhpians.

Regards,
Camon
Old 18th October 2010, 10:55   #60
BHPian

I was in the same situation as yours for a while during last month. Finally booked i10 Sportz AT and received delivery yesterday.

I can tell you that me and my wife are very happy to have i10 AT. It is very nice car for city drive. I'm quite sure that you won't regret it.

The engine and gearbox are very refined, and I hear from other posts that the refinement increases as you drive more.

Yesterday I did the tank full, and it was pouring in Pune all evening, so couldn't really go out. So I can't really comment on the FE until next week.

As a package (small size, hatch, A/T, FE, performance, space, styling, comfort, technology, price, Hyundai A. S. S.), i10 Sprotz is a great deal! You can't go wrong!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks