Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2014, 22:46   #181
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Thank you for the post, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
If you floor it,It's fast enough.I have not driven it in highways nor did any fast overtakes so far,so cannot comment on that.
But changing to manual mode on the go is really easy.That will take care of your high speed overtaking maneuver.
That is good to know. But knowing my father, I do not think he will remember to shift to M mode before an overtaking manoeuver. In such a scenario, a sudden upshift from the gearbox will make for a perfect recipe for disaster.

Quote:
Average mileage MID is showing is around 16.5km/lr,Haven't tested it with a full tank method though.This is within city with 100% AC.
Real time mileage shows upto 30km/lr when you drive sedately.
Fuel efficiency is not much of a concern, as long as its reasonable. My dad's friend's Celerio manual is giving him 16-17 km/l inside the city, which is pretty good considering Dehradun's traffic conditions. Theoretically speaking, the AMT should give similar figures, which we are fine with.

Quote:
If your parents are going to drive only this car alone, they will not find much issue in adapting to this car.
Infact,they will be happy for the ease in which they can potter around town.
Yes, we will, in all probability, sell off the old car.
Old 9th August 2014, 12:33   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitk1993 View Post
Sir, do you have any official confirmation regarding the same? We don't mind waiting for another couple of months, if a ZXI(O) in AMT is introduced.
Man I'm a student too no need to call anyone sir here

This is purely my speculation. The GOI plans on having atleast one ncap testing facility in the country by January next year. Apart from making it mandatory for every car to be tested, there are also plans on amending the motor vehicles act to make airbags, anti-lock brakes, child restraints and....wait for it... electronic stability program, standard on every car. I would take that last bit about standard esc with a pinch of salt, however I think it would be fair to assume that if they stick to their timelines, then come 2015, every car will be equipped with atleast airbags and abs and I believe anyone looking at buying a small car that isn't equipped with safety features, ought to wait till then if they can afford to.

Meanwhile, please do check out the Nissan Micra with the CVT. As far as ease to drive factor and quality goes, it is my pick of the lot. You'd be missing out on a sublime city car if you didn't atleast go for a test drive.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th August 2014 at 12:34.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 10:47   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Man I'm a student too no need to call anyone sir here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Meanwhile, please do check out the Nissan Micra with the CVT. As far as ease to drive factor and quality goes, it is my pick of the lot. You'd be missing out on a sublime city car if you didn't atleast go for a test drive.
I found it very hard to convince my parents to atleast consider the Brio, which IMO is the best AT hatch available right now. I can only imagine their reaction if I suggest the Micra. Still, a test-drive wouldn't hurt. Will put in an online request. Lets see how it goes.

Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:36   #184
BHPian

One of my friends wants to buy an AT car. He has a budget of 6 lakhs and not a penny more. He has I 10 AT in his mind. Any other suggestions from fellow bhpians are welcome.
Old 25th August 2014, 21:45   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
One of my friends wants to buy an AT car. He has a budget of 6 lakhs and not a penny more. He has I 10 AT in his mind. Any other suggestions from fellow bhpians are welcome.
Brio AT can be looked at. What are his requirements?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 21:55   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Does he want to buy new or used ? Because in new there is no i10 AT anymore. Only Grand i10 AT is there. And the sportz will still be around 6.5 Lakh.
Brio in Mumbai touches 7.6 Lakh OTR.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 22:26   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only AT that will fall under 6L will be the Celerio. A slight stretch will get him the Grand i10. Both these do not come with safety features like Airbags.

For 6L and AT, I would recommend pre-owned. A good Honda City AT can be easily obtained in 6L. A great car, good AT box with paddle shifts, Well Loaded
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 22:42   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

The Grand i 10 AT Sports will come for 6L. Even the Asta AT is not much more for that matter. These are the prices in Delhi.

I think you need to specify the requirements a bit more. There are quite a few AT cars now. The cheapest would surely be the celerio.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 23:30   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Brio AT can be looked at. What are his requirements?

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag, but the Brio AT is above 7 lakhs. So this is no option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Does he want to buy new or used ? Because in new there is no i10 AT anymore. Only Grand i10 AT is there. And the sportz will still be around 6.5 Lakh.
Brio in Mumbai touches 7.6 Lakh OTR.
He wants a new car. Will suggest him i10 Grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The only AT that will fall under 6L will be the Celerio. A slight stretch will get him the Grand i10. Both these do not come with safety features like Airbags.

For 6L and AT, I would recommend pre-owned. A good Honda City AT can be easily obtained in 6L. A great car, good AT box with paddle shifts, Well Loaded
Thanks Rajeevraj, will give him the above option too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The Grand i 10 AT Sports will come for 6L. Even the Asta AT is not much more for that matter. These are the prices in Delhi.

I think you need to specify the requirements a bit more. There are quite a few AT cars now. The cheapest would surely be the celerio.
Actually, he has learnt driving recently. He was not at all comfortable with the MT cars in thick traffic. So has opted for AT. Will ask him to look at celerio as well.
Old 25th August 2014, 23:37   #190
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the current prices and equipment levels, I myself cannot believe that I got my i10 AT + ABS + Airbags + sunroof for 5.65 L on road in 2009 ! 5 years down the line, the car looks even more vfm to me looking at the latest options and prices!
Old 26th August 2014, 00:58   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Looking at the current prices and equipment levels, I myself cannot believe that I got my i10 AT + ABS + Airbags + sunroof for 5.65 L on road in 2009 ! 5 years down the line, the car looks even more vfm to me looking at the latest options and prices!

True. 5.65L is unbelievable at today's pricing levels, and even if you are willing to pay- which hatchback give the option of a sunroof with AT!
Old 26th August 2014, 08:09   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, he has learnt driving recently. He was not at all comfortable with the MT cars in thick traffic. So has opted for AT. Will ask him to look at celerio as well.
For a new driver, I would advice to stick to MSIL celerio mostly due to the lower cost of maintenance. Also the overall proportions of the Celerio feel smaller than the other hatches which may help him. The biggest advantage I see is that minor dents and scratches ( which he might accumulate in the process of fine-tuning his skills) will be quite cheap to get fixed.
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:05   #193
BHPian

Quote:
I second drmohitg, this factor sums it up, he should be most comfortable with a Celerio AT, not much can go wrong with Maruti, including FE, moreover being a newbie, he'll appreciate Maruti's reasonable ownership costs.
Only thing is, it'll be some time before he can lay his hands on a new Celerio AMT due to the demand.

Last edited by s_pphilip : 2nd September 2014 at 22:07.
s_pphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 23:40   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
For a new driver, I would advice to stick to MSIL celerio mostly due to the lower cost of maintenance. Also the overall proportions of the Celerio feel smaller than the other hatches which may help him. The biggest advantage I see is that minor dents and scratches ( which he might accumulate in the process of fine-tuning his skills) will be quite cheap to get fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_pphilip View Post
I second drmohitg, this factor sums it up, he should be most comfortable with a Celerio AT, not much can go wrong with Maruti, including FE, moreover being a newbie, he'll appreciate Maruti's reasonable ownership costs.
Only thing is, it'll be some time before he can lay his hands on a new Celerio AMT due to the demand.
Thanks for the advice. How about Tata Zest AMT? Does this fall under 6 lakh mark?
Old 2nd September 2014, 23:43   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. How about Tata Zest AMT? Does this fall under 6 lakh mark?
Why do you want a larger car unless the extra boot space is needed? For a new driver, a hatch might be much more suitable. And yes the Zest AMT will cross 6L by quite some margin.

Most Viewed