Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 00:50   #316
BANNED

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Getting used to an AT wouldn't take too long. I haven't met anyone who went to a manual from an AT because he was not comfortable with it.
The AMT is an AT for dummies box. It's super easy and has no complicated instructions like the DSG. don't fret, go for the AT.
Old 27th May 2015, 01:54   #317

Driving AT is easy for sure. I learned it in half an hour in desert of Saudi Arabia in 1983.
Old 18th June 2015, 04:53   #318

Driving AT is the easiest thing possible. It look me a minute to suppress my muscle memory of going for the clutch. The next minute I was busy playing with paddle shifters (Honda City CVT) even as my left foot lay on the dead pedal, albeit slightly twitching.

I'm not even kidding.
Old 20th June 2015, 07:16   #319
BHPian

The new Renault Kwid may shake up the market with its amt option. And also it looks like it will be reasonablly priced. I think it would compete more with k10 amt rather than the nano amt simply because of the price it is being offered at.

The photos and initial specs for the Kwid look good too. 97% domestic content - wow ! That is indeed very very impressive ! Hopefully it lives up to the hype it is garnering .
deltheking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 23:14   #320
JD1
BHPian

Now that Micra CVT is offered in XL variant thereby taking some money off the XV variant, it is wise to go for Micra XL CVT instead of Celerio Zxi AMT? (assuming Micra comes at premium of approx 1L over Celerio). Any idea which one will give better fuel efficiency in Bangalore city driving (with some bumper to bumper traffic)?
Old 22nd December 2015, 19:53   #321
Team-BHP Support

Is the Honda AMT a superior AMT than Maruti? Is Nissan AMT's reliable, do they have lag?

Would Brio be the best choice in 5/6L price-bracket?
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:40   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is the Honda AMT a superior AMT than Maruti? Is Nissan AMT's reliable, do they have lag?

Would Brio be the best choice in 5/6L price-bracket?
Both Honda and Nissan do not use AMT. They use conventional AT's. Brio uses a Torque Converter and Micra a CVT. Both will be superior to the AMT from a drivability perspective.

Doubt if either would come at 5-6L. Both will cost 7L+ even after discounts. 5-6L will be Celerio/Wagon R territory. Both are AMT.

In the Brio/Micra territory you now have the Baleno and the Figo. Personal pick would be the Figo as it comes with a 1.5L engine and a Dual Clutch Gearbox (DCT).
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:44   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
In the Brio/Micra territory you now have the Baleno and the Figo. Personal pick would be the Figo as it comes with a 1.5L engine and a Dual Clutch Gearbox (DCT).
Thanks the inputs Rajeev

Preferably, the said person would prefer a petrol. Anything nice? They have an i10 purchased ~2 years back.
Old 22nd December 2015, 20:52   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Thanks the inputs Rajeev

Preferably, the said person would prefer a petrol. Anything nice? They have an i10 purchased ~2 years back.
A lot of choices. Depending on budget and requirements a shortlist can be made. If it is under 6L, the AMT's from Maruti (Wagon R, Celerio and Alto) are the options, further up you have the Baleno and Jazz (If space is important), Ford Figo/Polo GT TSI (If performance is key). You also have the compact sedans (Aspire, Amaze, Xcent, Dzire, Zest) and even MUV's Ertiga and TUV300.

I had prepared this guide on AT under 10L which summarizes all the options and some key characteristics. Hopefully this can help shortlist based on the needs.

(Link)
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 18:34   #325
BHPian

Hope this is the right thread to post this Q. If not please let me know the correct thread.

We were looking for automatics for my wife and almost decided on the Celerio AMT when we came across a used Nissan Micra CVT i.e. XV CVT (fully loaded)

Year: 2013
Kms: ~10000 (Ten thousand)

It was used as the MDs car for a Nissan showroom. They quoted 6L and we managed to bargain it down to 5.25 L
I think the original on road price in 2013 would have been ~ 7.8L

The 2016 XV CVT model should be ~ 8.0 on road. (I can stretch if required)

Is the price for the used car reasonable? Should I go for the used car or new Celerio or stretch myself for the latest 2016 XV CVT (extra 2.75 L)
Old 13th January 2016, 19:07   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
We were looking for automatics for my wife and almost decided on the Celerio AMT when we came across a used Nissan Micra CVT i.e. XV CVT (fully loaded)

It was used as the MDs car for a Nissan showroom. They quoted 6L and we managed to bargain it down to 5.25 L

Is the price for the used car reasonable? Should I go for the used car or new Celerio or stretch myself for the latest 2016 XV CVT (extra 2.75 L)
The car belonged to the showroom's MD. So I wonder that it may have run more km and it may have been used for the test drives. It may not have been too, try to check.

A new Wagon R automatic shall be a better choice than Celerio for wife's city driving. It will also give you easy resale and better resale value.

If Micra attracts you because it is more premium product, you can consider Brio automatic too (if you like the looks).
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 19:26   #327
BHPian

Quote:

I think you need to make up your mind whether to choose a new car or used one
IMHO if you plan to spend 8L + you can look at the Baleno CVT or Jazz CVT.
Old 13th January 2016, 21:09   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if a showroom related car is a good idea. I would say a new Celerio over a used 2013 Micra.

If you are stretching to 8L, would recommend the Ford Figo AT. It is a 1.5L and a Dual Clutch AT and is well loaded and is good to drive.

The Baleno CVT is also worth a look, but personally since the CVT does not come in the top 2 variants, misses a lot of good stuff.
Old 13th January 2016, 22:33   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
=

Do a thorough check (a cold start and test drive would be preferable) and if everything is fine, then a CVT equipped Micra, is the best thing you can buy for your wife. IMO it is the perfect city car, easiest to drive in my books
Old 19th January 2016, 08:57   #330
BHPian

What are real-world mileages for AT cars. I am interested for a AT hatchback car for my dad. probably grand i10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks