Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 17:52   #496
BHPian

Re: Which automatic car - Under 10L?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_mirage View Post
Looking for some thing small (that is what I think would be right) - as he rarely drives and even then it will be mostly to the town.
A middle ground would be Baleno CVT. The length may be same as i20 2009, but the space difference is immense and would serve you well for most runs. If you want something smaller, go for Ignis AMT. Space is similar to i20 2009, except width, but with a much smaller footprint. There are offers in tune of 50k going on too, as reported by some members. Don't go for top end as that is not VFM though.

If you can wait, have a look at Ford Freestyle/Figo and i20 CVT, both expected to launch around April-May.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 20:57   #497
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Honda Jazz V Auto

Wait for couple of months as Jazz may get midlife face lift by mid of this year.
I would wait for it, but the Jazz seems to be too expensive. Not VFM i would say. Yes it is a Honda and very reliable, but frequent servicing and a bit too highly priced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
If your dad or sister is a petrol head, then nothing other than Polo GT TSI will do justice.
But given that you need something "small" then I would vote for Brio.

I am not a fan of AMT so won't suggest Maruti.
Naah. No petrol heads there apart from me, but I am waaay here, out of town. I love the brio, the price for the AT is steep, but the overall price for the car is low. but then again, service every 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Dear jasmirage,
I own a Ford Aspire DCT. I would suggest a Ford Figo or Ford Aspire as both are below ₹ 9 lakh and easy on pocket.

Volkswagen is too expensive with service to even consider. Stay away at all costs.
The Rationalist.
I think i should wait for the Figo upgrade. and if they come with the AT box instead of the DCT, would be great. but it does seem like they have figured out their DCT pretty well now. Unlike some (I'm looking at you VW)

And you are right, VW service bills can be a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
A middle ground would be Baleno CVT. The length may be same as i20 2009, but the space difference is immense and would serve you well for most runs. If you want something smaller, go for Ignis AMT. Space is similar to i20 2009, except width, but with a much smaller footprint. There are offers in tune of 50k going on too, as reported by some members. Don't go for top end as that is not VFM though.

If you can wait, have a look at Ford Freestyle/Figo and i20 CVT, both expected to launch around April-May.
The Baleno CVT is interesting, gotta check that out a bit more. I quite liked the package of the Ignis, but am a bit worried with AMT, given that there will be different people driving the car. My dad, my sis and sometimes even a driver.

I can wait, so probably will also look and things and decide if I have to wait for the Figo AT/i20 CVT.

By the way, what is the general opinion on the Tiago AT and I have also heard that the TATA Nexon should also be coming with an AT.
Old 1st March 2018, 21:08   #498
BHPian

Quote:

The Baleno CVT is interesting, gotta check that out a bit more. I quite liked the package of the Ignis, but am a bit worried with AMT, given that there will be different people driving the car. My dad, my sis and sometimes even a driver.
Baleno rear seat is not that comfortable. The Jazz rear seat is better. There is also Amaze CVT that you can look into.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 11:38   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Baleno rear seat is not that comfortable. The Jazz rear seat is better. There is also Amaze CVT that you can look into.
The Amaze CVT sounds good. Let me look into that.
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:35   #500
BANNED

Quote:
The Amaze CVT sounds good. Let me look into that.
Hello jas_mirage, did you finalize automatic hatch? Was it Amaze?
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:43   #501
Senior - BHPian

Unless one is looking at used market, buying a new Amaze when next gen Amaze is due this year doesn't make much sense, unless supported by huge discounts.
Old 7th April 2018, 14:59   #502
BHPian

My Dad is looking to change his hatchback. Requirements are 1. High Quality build with airbags 2. Automatic 3. Below 6Lakh.

Any suggestions?
Old 7th April 2018, 15:20   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
1. High Quality build with airbags 2. Automatic 3. Below 6Lakh.
TATA Tiago is the best option as per your requirement. Other cars under your budget and with AMT are MS Cellario, Kwid (1.0L) and Alto K10. IMHO, TATA Tiago is value for money. Its 5 speed AMT gearbox is butter smooth(better than others in the same segment). Tiago is light, easy to use and offers decent ride quality.
Old 8th April 2018, 13:40   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
TATA Tiago is the best option as per your requirement. Other cars under your budget and with AMT are MS Cellario, Kwid (1.0L) and Alto K10. IMHO, TATA Tiago is value for money. Its 5 speed AMT gearbox is butter smooth(better than others in the same segment). Tiago is light, easy to use and offers decent ride quality.
Thanks. My only concern, is the build quality good of any of these? Last time I checked neither of these passed crash rating tests.
Old 8th April 2018, 13:52   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
is the build quality good of any of these?
Fifteen days back, I was in the same situation. We wanted to replace Dad's Swift Dzaire VXI 2009 (We booked WR-V). We TDed almost all the cars Including TATA Tiago. We found Tiago well-built compared to other cars in the same segment. Way better than MS Dzire and Swift 2018. Our Official Review of Tiago also agrees with me.

Have a look.

Quote:
What you'll like:

• Great styling. A very chic-looking hatchback at a value-for-money price!
• Tata has put in a lot of effort on quality and it shows. No signs of cost cutting at all
Solid build & construction, unlike most of its flimsy competitors
• High quality, well-designed interiors. Lots of storage and a useful 242 liter boot too
• Suspension offers excellent ride comfort with neutral handling
• City friendly nature: light controls, agreeable ergonomics & good driveability (both engines)
• Amazing 8-speaker Harman entertainment system. Sounds top class
• Feature list with 2 driving modes, parking sensors + display, cooled glovebox, full MID & more
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 14:03   #506
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a Hatch, after our 8yrs old i10AT. Like to stick to AT (preferably CVT). Is there any other option other than Baleno below 10L?
I heard i20 AT is in chords. Can we see that on roads soon?

Last edited by agbenny : 9th April 2018 at 14:05.
Old 9th April 2018, 15:12   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Looking for a Hatch, after our 8yrs old i10AT. Like to stick to AT (preferably CVT). Is there any other option other than Baleno below 10L?
I heard i20 AT is in chords. Can we see that on roads soon?
i20 AT is already available. But in a lower variant (I think Magna) and with a huge premium.

CVT you have the Jazz and Micra and if you are open to other AT technologies you have several other options like the Figo DCT, Ignis AMT, Swift/Dzire AMT's etc..
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 15:20   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
i20 AT is already available. But in a lower variant (I think Magna) and with a huge premium.

CVT you have the Jazz and Micra and if you are open to other AT technologies you have several other options like the Figo DCT, Ignis AMT, Swift/Dzire AMT's etc..
i20 has no AT, to my knowledge, and yet to be launched. (read somewhere, probably Autocar). I heard AMT's are jerky, and not real ATs, and CVTs are better. Micra is aged, as old as the AT we have, and we do not see Nissan has any plans for an update Micra anytime soon.
Figo DCT - We checked it over two years ago when it was launched, and n happy with it. Will there be an AT in soon to be launched Freestyle?
Old 9th April 2018, 15:21   #509
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jazz perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Just checked; doesn't look like its there! The previous-gen (fluidic) i20 did have one though.

Quote:
Ford moved to a TC box with the EcoSport, they could do the same with Figo as well.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 15:27   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i20 has no AT, to my knowledge, and yet to be launched. (read somewhere, probably Autocar).
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Jazz perhaps?
Just checked; doesn't look like its there! The previous-gen (fluidic) i20 did have one though.
My mistake, looks like they stopped it (or it just died a natural death). It had been launched in late 2016 (News Link (Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!) )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks