Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 17:22   #646
BHPian

Thanks guys. Down to i20 vs jazz for me. Will let my wife decide from here. Cheers and thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 00:36   #647
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Thanks guys. Down to i20 vs jazz for me. Will let my wife decide from here. Cheers and thanks
Strange you have not considered the best of the lot. Its Polo GT TSI but in case you are not willing to touch Germans kindly do not test drive else you will not be able to neglect it.
Took test drive of Polo, i20, EcoSport, Creta and Polo again to finalize the car. Mind you it was purely my wife's decision and her wish to go for Polo. Booked it and will be going to take delivery in few weeks.

If not Polo you can get Trend EcoSport with close to 75k discount on MY18 models.

i20 is the worst of the lot according to both of us.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4536571 (Which car for the better half?)
Old 6th February 2019, 00:51   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Strange you have not considered the best of the lot. Its Polo GT TSI but in case you are not willing to touch Germans kindly do not test drive else you will not be able to neglect it.
Took test drive of Polo, i20, EcoSport, Creta and Polo again to finalize the car. Mind you it was purely my wife's decision and her wish to go for Polo. Booked it and will be going to take delivery in few weeks.

If not Polo you can get Trend EcoSport with close to 75k discount on MY18 models.

i20 is the worst of the lot according to both of us.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4536571 (Which car for the better half?)
Had a vw vento once. dont want a repeat. Also very clear that I want to avoid vw group cars. Have heard enough and more stories about Skoda vw and audi bills.

I'm totally ok with honda. And frankly just test driving the i20 to validate the choice of the jazz. This is besides the fact that we already have a city

Last edited by acidkill : 6th February 2019 at 00:53.
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:11   #649
BHPian

My dad is looking for a AT hatch. Need suggestions.

No preference of petrol/diesel. Need something that he will keep for next 10 years and have niggle free ownership.

Right now he is using Swift Vxi bought in 2009, no problems faced so far.

Budget under 7 Lakhs OTR.

Requirements - Fun to drive, safety features, good service network, upgrade to swift or not a downgrade like Wagon R etc.
Old 6th February 2019, 15:09   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

No preference of petrol/diesel. Need something that he will keep for next 10 years and have niggle free ownership.

Requirements - Fun to drive, safety features, good service network, upgrade to swift or not a downgrade like Wagon R etc.
You can consider IGNIS AMT although it would not be a proper upgrade from Swift but a very practical car nonetheless.

How about a notchback/style? I am referring to Tigor AMT which would be an upgrade from your Swift and is reasonably fun to drive in Sports mode and triptronic (manual) mode in city traffic.
Old 6th February 2019, 20:32   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I think the current swift itself costs more than 7L. So within 7L OTR you are not going to get an upgrade to the Swift. Would be better to increase budget to get the likes of Baleno , Jazz, i20 CVTs.
Old 8th February 2019, 12:08   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think the current swift itself costs more than 7L. So within 7L OTR you are not going to get an upgrade to the Swift. Would be better to increase budget to get the likes of Baleno , Jazz, i20 CVTs.
How about Honda Brio CVT? Ford Figo DCT?
Old 8th February 2019, 12:36   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about Honda Brio CVT? Ford Figo DCT?
Firstly, Brio has a torque converter automatic gearbox, not CVT. Also, Brio is being discontinued by Honda - sales for the last few months have mostly been in low double or single digits (stock clearance mode) - doubt if one can find an automatic Brio with any of the dealers.

Figo sales have again been a trickle (single/double digits) when compared with it's competitors, and there has been no sales in January. For all practical purposes, Freestyle is the new Figo, and currently there's no automatic option for the Freestyle. Also, Ford is moving away from the DCT to TC boxes - already done so in Ecosport & Aspire.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 13:06   #654
BHPian

Quote:

If AMT is not a deal breaker for you, you can go with the Swift VXI AMT. It is around 7.2 OTR right now but I read somewhere that MS is giving around 50k discounts so it will be in your budget too. Throw in some more money to get the VFM ZXI trim.
Else go for the Grand i10 for its smooth AT but is not that fun to drive and is a petrol guzzler.

Cheers!
Old 8th February 2019, 13:44   #655
BHPian

Quote:

I would rush to Nexa dealers in and around Delhi, to see if they have the pre facelift version of Baleno Delta Automatic, and see the offers you can gather. The pre facelift version was priced around 30-35k lower than the current version, and there were offers in tune of 50k when clearance was going on.

If not available give a look to Xcent S AT and Dzire VXI AMT. Xcent has traditional automatic, and almost always has pretty substantial offers. It might give your budget a bit of a stretch of about 50k, but if you are planning to keep the car for 10 years, that is not a huge amount.

There are options from cars in same segment as Swift, but in my opinion a slight stretch is worth it when keeping the car for 10 years.
Old 8th February 2019, 16:05   #656
BHPian

Some more info;

I personally use Skoda TDI DSG. So whenever Dad asks me to recommend AT hatch with same fun to drive response I don't know which hatch to recommend with niggle free ownership.

I would have said Polo TSI but don't want Dad to have worried ownership. Just need fun to drive and hassle free hatch option.

Out of all hatch within 7-9L range after Polo TSI which is best hatch?
Old 8th February 2019, 17:27   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some more info;

I personally use Skoda TDI DSG. So whenever Dad asks me to recommend AT hatch with same fun to drive response I don't know which hatch to recommend with niggle free ownership.

I would have said Polo TSI but don't want Dad to have worried ownership. Just need fun to drive and hassle free hatch option.

Out of all hatch within 7-9L range after Polo TSI which is best hatch?
Consider the Ford Aspire petrol AT. It is not a hatchback but dimensionally it is as big as an i20 or Baleno. Other than the Polo TSI, this is the only small automatic which comes with ESP and TC. Car is certainly fun to drive as well.
Old 23rd February 2019, 17:43   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post

Hi guys,

Need to buy one more hatch. How is the Ecosport AT?

THanks
Old 23rd February 2019, 18:48   #659
BHPian

Quote:
What did you pick up finally?
Old 25th March 2019, 22:05   #660
BHPian

Hi,
I was on the lookout for an AMT to replace my wife's 5 year old AStar Automatic(a gem of a car). Had high hopes for the Kwid, all washed away after TD. Feel Santro is not worth the premium. Now the choice is between Tiago XZA and Ignis Delta AMT. After good discounts from Tata, the Ignis is costlier only by 10k. It will be driven within city limits for school runs and shopping. Your thoughts and advise would help me decide within 2 days ( you guys know March end is the time for a bargain ).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks