Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 23:07   #661
BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_freaky View Post
Hi,
I was on the lookout for an AMT to replace my wife's 5 year old AStar Automatic(a gem of a car). Had high hopes for the Kwid, all washed away after TD. Feel Santro is not worth the premium. Now the choice is between Tiago XZA and Ignis Delta AMT. After good discounts from Tata, the Ignis is costlier only by 10k. It will be driven within city limits for school runs and shopping. Your thoughts and advise would help me decide within 2 days ( you guys know March end is the time for a bargain ).
My vote goes for Ignis AMT [Petrol]. Dad uses it for City runabout. You wouldn't feel the jerky shifts for a sedate city driving. Even on highways I doesn't bother me. I mentioned about jerky shifts only because you've already experienced the A Star Auto - otherwise it is not a concern at all. Of course test drive and decide!
Old 25th March 2019, 23:16   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. Now the choice is between Tiago XZA and Ignis Delta AMT.
Today morning was stuck in jam behind an A Star and was wondering if it was one of those cars which got recognition only after production was stopped. Or rather, if it came ahead of it's time. A replacement for that will be tough for you.

Regarding Tiago Vs Ignis, my opinion is that it's is a mind Vs head thing. I been thinking of the same since a while since my mom is looking for an AMT, will mostly go with Ignis since due to earlier cars, Maruti service center is a known place. However, else I feel Tiago is more car for that money.
Old 26th March 2019, 14:47   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
My vote goes for Ignis AMT [Petrol]. Of course test drive and decide!
Already did the test drive for Ignis, Kwid, Tiago and Santro on the same day . Found Kwid to be too nimble and drive was unconnected. I feel Santro is a bit overpriced and looks average. Tiago was a breeze to drive but was engine was noisy ( SA told it was due to the rash drivings of the demo, still not convinced )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Or rather, if it came ahead of it's time. A replacement for that will be tough for you.
Definitely yes. Had it released now, it would have really been a star. A proper European car from the Japanese with a CVT. And in these 5 years, the only troubles I had are with the door handle and Air con. Now seriously hunting for a 2018 Ignis.
Old 26th March 2019, 14:55   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had it released now, it would have really been a star. A proper European car from the Japanese with a CVT.
A-Star didnt have a CVT. It had a 4 speed Torque converter. Only CVT from maruti has been the Baleno.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 17:55   #665
Senior - BHPian

So after a lot of research and deliberation, we finally took delivery of our 2019 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI.

The car is for my mother-in-law and so the demands weren't much. She wanted a hatch and was upgrading from a Hyundai i10 manual. The choices were however between the Hyundai i20 AT, Honda Jazz AT and Polo GT TSI and it did not take her long to decide which she wanted.

Initially she was looking at either the Hyundai i10 or i20 and the reason being that she was already comfortable with this brand. I drive a VW Polo 1.6 and a Jetta TDI DSG and hence it was my duty to introduce her to the Polo GT TSI for her to know what she was or will be missing. After a couple of test drives in the Polo and getting familiar with the DSG, she totally forgot about the Japanese & Koreans and we booked it right away.

So why the Polo over the others
1. The quality of VW is in at a different level as compared to the Hyundai & Honda.
2. The VW technology; TSI engine, DSG, etc is far superior to the Hyundai & Honda. The GT TSI was super fun to drive over the sluggish i10/i20 and Jazz.
3. It was better to pay 10+ lakhs on the GT TSI than to pay a lakh less for an inferior product.

Yes, many of you must be scoffing and wondering whether I will feel the same if the mechatronics in the DSG failed. Well, that is why there is a 4 years standard warranty + 02 years optional purchase warranty. Got them all so 06 years of zero headache. By then it will be time for a new car.

Here she is - love the new 2019 Lapiz Blue colour.

Which Automatic Hatch?-polo-gt-tsi-diagonal.jpeg

Love the new design of the 16" rims. Tyres are 195/55/R16 MRFs but they aren't that bad at the moment.

Which Automatic Hatch?-polo-gt-tsi-side.jpeg
Epic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 19:20   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
So after a lot of research and deliberation, we finally took delivery of our 2019 Volkswagen Polo GT TSI.
Congratulations on the car! I think this is the first Lapiz Blue example on the forum(?). The colour looks amazing though.

Do remember to remove the fender stickes ASAP since it can contain essential information like the VIN.

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 26th March 2019 at 19:22.
Old 26th March 2019, 23:01   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
A-Star didnt have a CVT. It had a 4 speed Torque converter. Only CVT from maruti has been the Baleno.
Sorry about that. You are right.
Old 27th March 2019, 00:03   #668
BANNED

Quote:

Congrats! I have the same spec. Love the look of it. Btw, interested to know if yours is manufactured in 2019 because from the dealer here i got the info that no Lapiz blue GT TSI cars are being made in the current year. I got a December made MY19 car though with a good deal on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Congratulations on the car! I think this is the first Lapiz Blue example on the forum(?). The colour looks amazing though.
Actually, I bought the same spec last month. Shared the details on the GT TSI thread.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 11:30   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the wishes. I have not seen this colour on the roads of Mumbai so far either. But then, Mumbai is a big city

Quote:
Do remember to remove the fender stickes ASAP since it can contain essential information like the VIN.
I did not check what information the sticker has but if it only the VIN, then that is anyway available at the left hand bottom corner of the windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Congrats! I have the same spec. Love the look of it. Btw, interested to know if yours is manufactured in 2019 because from the dealer here i got the info that no Lapiz blue GT TSI cars are being made in the current year. I got a December made MY19 car though with a good deal on it
Yes, as per the VIN, the car is manufactured in 2019.Even I was offered the MY19 model at a good discount but chose the 2019 manufactured car only because of the colour.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 16:49   #670
BHPian

Guys I am looking to replace my Swift (G13BB engine) and I have shortlisted the following candidates:
+New Swift
+Baleno
+Ignis
+i20
+Polo

Requirements:
+Petrol automatic hatch, 100% city driving only
+Open to all kinds of transmissions (yes, even the much-glorified AMT)
+Decent interiors with basic gizmos as per the segment.
+Budget: 10 lakh OTR, extendable upto 11 lakh. Not more.
+Can seat 4 in reasonable comfort.

I have already omitted the Jazz and Grand i10.
And please no compact sedans!
BHPians, fire away!

Last edited by artemis_fowl : 27th March 2019 at 16:56.
Old 27th March 2019, 17:33   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
Requirements:
+Petrol automatic hatch, 100% city driving only
+Open to all kinds of transmissions (yes, even the much-glorified AMT)
+Decent interiors with basic gizmos as per the segment.
+Budget: 10 lakh OTR, extendable upto 11 lakh. Not more.
+Can seat 4 in reasonable comfort.
For a petrol automatic hatch under your budget, CVT will be a better option than an AMT. Quoting a post for polo DSG issues. I think this narrows your shortlist to either Baleno or i20. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Really love the Polo DSG, but I'm not at all convinced that VW has magically solved the DSG's failures. Let the current crop of cars complete 5 years, then we'll talk.

Last edited by Nimalan : 27th March 2019 at 17:51.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 17:38   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I was on the lookout for an AMT to replace my wife's 5 year old AStar Automatic(a gem of a car). Had high hopes for the Kwid, all washed away after TD. Feel Santro is not worth the premium. Now the choice is between Tiago XZA and Ignis Delta AMT. After good discounts from Tata, the Ignis is costlier only by 10k. It will be driven within city limits for school runs and shopping. Your thoughts and advise would help me decide within 2 days ( you guys know March end is the time for a bargain ).
Any reason that you are looking for an AMT only? It would technically be a downgrade from a torque converter which is definitely superior. If you look for used cars, you can find well-maintained Micra CVTs at low prices. Do consider the Grand i10 as it will be a perfect upgrade from the A-Star. Just my thoughts.
Old 27th March 2019, 22:06   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis_fowl View Post
Guys I am looking to replace my Swift (G13BB engine) and I have shortlisted the following candidates:
+New Swift
+Baleno
+Ignis
+i20
+Polo
!
You have the budget for an Non AMT, so better to skip the AMT's. Baleno, i20 both suit your requirements. The Polo will be the most enjoyable car, but maybe an overkill for your needs.
Old 27th March 2019, 22:12   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You have the budget for an Non AMT, so better to skip the AMT's. Baleno, i20 both suit your requirements. The Polo will be the most enjoyable car, but maybe an overkill for your needs.
Why is the Jazz not there? Any specific reason?

I feel the Polo TSI with extended 6 year warranty should be the first choice

I personally prefer the Jazz over the Baleno. Safety & solidity.

I did not like rhe way the i20 drives. But I have not driven it in the recent past

Ignis is too small & AMT

Last edited by sridhu : 27th March 2019 at 22:13.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 23:05   #675
BANNED

Quote:

Yes, as per the VIN, the car is manufactured in 2019.Even I was offered the MY19 model at a good discount but chose the 2019 manufactured car only because of the colour.
VIN only tells the model year. Even mine tells that it's 2019 , but the month is December. Check your month of manufacture.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks