Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:21   #1
BHPian

Skoda Fabia

I am posting after ages. Am in a bit of a dilemma. I already have a Baleno and am looking for a second car..a hatchback and a premium one at that. After looking at all the options, I have narrowed done to the Fabia. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any concrete information on the Fabia on this forum and would like some help from forum members owning the Fabia. Concise feedback on the car (both petrol and diesel) in terms of ownership experience and fuel economy would really help. I look forward to some responses or may be the mods can direct me to the relevant threads where this info is available.
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:44   #2
BHPian

A quick google search landed me these:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...est-drive.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cc-petrol.html

Top two search results actually. try a google search like 'site:team-bhp "skoda fabia" ' Loads of search results.

Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:54   #3
Team-BHP Support

Also, please do read through the skoda ownership threads. Looks like their after sales is run by crooks.

My advice: Stay Away
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

click on search, go to advanced search. Put in 'Fabia' and change the dropdown box below to 'titles only'

A world on Skoda and Fabia exists here. I know that the biggest thread on t-bhp is for Fabia if I am not mistaken.

The car is good, but the engine is puny for the weight it carries. Awesome car marred by poorest aftersales which they are diagnosing quickly. Young people in management probably.
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:17   #5
BHPian

Dear floyd,

i would suggest go for hyundai I20 CRDI high end .after sales is good and a premium car for a lesser price

Just my 2 cents

Regards
binoy
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
The car is good, but the engine is puny for the weight it carries. Awesome car marred by poorest aftersales which they are diagnosing quickly. Young people in management probably.
Completely agree with Devarshi84, the engine is puny (the petrol at least). I did a TD of it recently and found the engine to be not great. When I was complaining about the fact that the engine feels underpowered, the sales guy tried to tell me that it is because the AC is on, if we turn off the AC the power is great. He even tried turning off the AC to tell me how the car feels without AC. Told him, dude, this is a luxury hatch (from Indian context atleast), most people buying this would keep the AC on.
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

You should be able to find all your answers in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ol-diesel.html

The 1.4 is the one to stay away from.
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:22   #8
BHPian

Skoda after sales have left a real bad taste with some of the TBHPians. So please do consider that before you make a decision. I am just hoping that things must have improved in that department.
Old 24th July 2009, 00:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
You should be able to find all your answers in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ol-diesel.html

The 1.4 is the one to stay away from.
AFAIK the 1.4 is discontinued. Do you mean the diesel? It's too clattery for my tastes atleast. The 1.2 is really good for city drives but quickly loses steam on the highways. The torque betters most hatches in its segment.
Old 24th July 2009, 00:43   #10
BHPian

Market is started flooding with these so called premier hatches.

Try other cars, Especially i20 also.
Old 24th July 2009, 01:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Fabia with its 3 pot diesel engine is a definite stay away. Not worth the price IMO and skoda dealers and cheaters and team-bhp is filled with horror after sales stories.

Stay away from skoda for a long happy ownership review.

Try I20 Crdi
Old 24th July 2009, 02:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Floyd - welcome back.

It would help to understand the selection criteria that helped you narrow down on the Fabia.

Like most others, I'd also recommend the i20 or even though pricey, the Jazz.
Old 24th July 2009, 09:06   #13
BHPian

As many have mentioned here, consider Skoda's customer service background before buying. Plenty of first had experiences on Team BHP on this count.

How about the i20 1.4 with an autobox! I can only imagine how nice it would be to drive this in the city or on the highway.

Floyd - Drive both the Fabia & i20 back to back (Petrol & Diesel) and make a choice on the automobile. The rest is semantics. I am of the personal opinion that the i20 looks and feels as premium as the Fabia if not more. Coupled with great after sales and no highhandedness by the dealers, you have a win win situation.

Last edited by GTO : 25th July 2009 at 10:32. Reason: Removing FONT Tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word softwares
Old 24th July 2009, 09:38   #14
BHPian

As you had indicated that you are looking for premium hatch, I would suggest to you test drive Jazz, i20 and Punto as well. Not too sure if Punto can be considered as premium, but that would give you a variety of choice. Also, as everyone said, there is a lot of problems with Skoda ***.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:53   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
As you had indicated that you are looking for premium hatch, I would suggest to you test drive Jazz, i20 and Punto as well. Not too sure if Punto can be considered as premium, but that would give you a variety of choice. Also, as everyone said, there is a lot of problems with Skoda ***.
Completely agree, if a premium hatch is what you're after, you should look no further than the Jazz and maybe the top end i20. I look at pictures, features and specifications of the Jazz, and then look at the other 'premium' hatchbacks, and frankly, the Jazz just stands out from the crowd. I'd pay 7.5 lakhs just for the Honda engine and the steering wheel!

Cheers,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks