Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2005, 10:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, I agree that the OHC and the baleno r more fun to drive but its just that the lancer is a friends and I know that the car has been mantained pretty well !! But do u guys think it wud b a better idea to look for a second hand Baleno ?? Pls advise ... just that I dont wanna shell out mre than 2.5 ... Being a miser !!

cheers

hey khaddu!
when u say u dont want to spend more than 2.5l, do u mean 2.5 lk more than money u get from selling your zen? so i assume, u could get around 1.75 for ur zen maybe? then if u add the 2.5 to it, i am sure u can get a OHC or Baleno in the market!

regd the Lancer, yea, the maintainence is pretty steep, seconldy u should see that the car has been completely stopped, and the company is in doldrums! even the dealers (atleast in hyderabad) now are the worst! as the good dealers left that dealership and have moved on to better brands!

Availability of spare parts will be a problem. keep that in mind! secondly, the spare parts are priced very steep. then, its the question of how long it takes for the sparepart to come thru. if its a fast moving car, the spares come quick. the OHC, tho no more produced, still have good market foothold, and as its been replaced only by the new model, they do continue the supply of spares. and well, HONDA has a lot better reputation than mitsubishi , in, if not all, then most parts of the world.

hope this helps.
Old 6th July 2005, 20:23   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey we have a lancer and it is a decent reliable car but the models after 2001 just SUCK.
2.5L is a good price for the Lancer.
Apart from the issues i had with their build quality which have been sorted, we are quite happy with car but i just want to get the suspension checked again though.
But all in all it a fantastic car.
Old 6th July 2005, 20:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Lancer is more a family car by virtues but a boyracer's car by looks. OHC is the other way round. It is a boyracer's car with family car looks.Both are wonderful cars.Yes mitsubishi is not as great a brand as Honda(not here not anywhere).Honda is ahead everywhere. BUt that doesnt change the statement that lancer is an excellent car as good as the honda city.

Read my post for a link to the roadtest of lancer by bsmotoring.com. Also there are articles where they have mentioned huge discounts on spares.

quality issues had infected HM last year but that has all changed now after mitsubishi signed an agreement with HM to export these lancers.

additionally JD power assigned HM/mitsubishi as the second best copmpany in customer satisfaction in 2004 after Maruti.IT also topped the charts beating Honda city and Maruti Baleno winning TNS automotive customer satisfaction study 2004.

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=1298
Old 19th July 2005, 15:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Earlier I had mentioned that Lancer poses trouble from the maintenance front. An auto guy hit the Lancer and the front portion got damaged. The vehicle was sent to ACT India & I was shocked on seeing the estimate. It was Rs.82K. Iam attempting to post pictures and estimate, but not sure whether I would be successful

[IMG][img=http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/7128/image3876hz.th.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][img=http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/1715/image3883ep.th.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][img=http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/5140/image3895ad.th.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][img=http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/6834/jy190028tt.th.jpg][/IMG]
Old 20th July 2005, 00:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

buddy ,it seems to be dealer trouble. I believe the guy must mail in HM at lancerinindia.com

the responses are quick and helpful.

I am having a lancer myself and have never had trouble until now . touchwood
Old 20th July 2005, 10:42   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
buddy ,it seems to be dealer trouble. I believe the guy must mail in HM at lancerinindia.com

the responses are quick and helpful.

I am having a lancer myself and have never had trouble until now . touchwood
Thanks for the email ID. I will put a detailed mail to them
Old 20th July 2005, 11:29   #22
BANNED

Wow, didn't know '01 Lancers are going so cheap...they're damn good though. Engine needs more power, but the handling is beautiful.

Service isn't so expensive either. I've got a '00 model, and I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the costs ever since they dropped the price of spares- Metro Motors, Mumbai, once sent people over to my place to polish my brake drums and replace the pads, and it cost less than 2k for the whole deal.

Other than that, you'll have to watch out for other stuff. If the car is 4 years old, some parts may be due for an overhaul. Recently we spent almost 80k on replacing old parts and getting the car refurbished.

But I ain't complaining. My car's 5 years old, has run almost 120,000, and still drives beautifully.
Old 20th July 2005, 21:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

yeah the only major and real problem with the car is that it is outdated now against the competition. It will be good value once HM gets the new cedia in and pushes the old lancer up to the c segment from the c+ segment. the invecs at that price will certainly be a good competitor to the City CVT and the 1.5 will compete with baleno that is equally old.

How about an invecs sfxi for 8.0 lacs????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks