Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 20:13   #31
BANNED

Sorry . Could not update this thread in time.

I took delivery of Spark ! last month. However it is not PS , as decided , but opted for "LS" reason?

After PDI at stockyard when i went to showroom to make full payment with all hard cash (as i wanted delivery on same day) But sales guy dropped a bomb

He called me inside managers cabin just to tell me that Spark PS i had shortlisted is already booked and there is no other black PS available. I was back at point zero (you know if you have read whole thread ).

I was about to loose my lid but i thought nothing much can be done. sales guy managed to waste my day and whole event as all family was aware about payment and delivery by same day. Probably there was no going back.

Decided to think over it. . In mean time manager gave me a list/ record of all cars in their stockyard including their mfg date and booked status. Explored other colors but black was mandate.

Manager suggested , one black spark is available .. but LS. Also promised me deliver it on the same day. Difference was hardly 18K (for coloured bumper, wheel caps, LS Mirror, wheel caps and power windows - front.). Power windows was not needed , however when traveling alone, it is better to have them, as you can roll down Left side glass , as required, without any hassles. So it is not a luxury ! !

So opted for LS immediately with only one condition, if they fell to deliver in stipulated time, Full Refund.

They delivered on time . Also got a three digit decent registration number at almost no cost .

Just completed my nagpur trip with 2400 KM on odo. I am Happy with car. Especially you dont have to keep shifting gears at low speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Quote for Spark PS - Pune (No Goodies) Ok? EDIT now booked LS and delivered-spark.jpg  

Old 7th October 2009, 08:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man, Spark is a great car for city drive

I have an Blazing red LT and I love her!!
Old 7th October 2009, 14:46   #33
BHPian

Congrats on your black spark, looks really good. I am also thinking should i go for spark ls or ps. Please let me know your on-road price.

Are you planning for any upgrades. A day back I saw red spark ls at mahim with body kit, spoiler and alloy wheels and it looked awesome (much better than LT)
Old 8th October 2009, 01:49   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks15 View Post
Congrats on your black spark, looks really good. I am also thinking should i go for spark ls or ps. Please let me know your on-road price.

Are you planning for any upgrades. A day back I saw red spark ls at mahim with body kit, spoiler and alloy wheels and it looked awesome (much better than LT)
OTR 3.3 with no goodies at all.

@Mods Please move thread to appropriate section/Car Booked and Delivered section with title

Quote for Spark PS - Pune (No Goodies) Ok? EDIT now booked LS and delivered

Moderator's Note: Thread title edited. Please use the report post functionality for quicker response. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 12th October 2009 at 18:02. Reason: Note inline
Old 8th October 2009, 13:34   #35
BHPian

Congratulations, good choice........ and good price. In Chennai its much more expensive. Please post more on the car performance and ownership experience. What mileage you are getting?
Old 9th October 2009, 00:01   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
Congratulations, good choice........ and good price. In Chennai its much more expensive. Please post more on the car performance and ownership experience. What mileage you are getting?
ODO is already showing 2500. Pn highway, i am getting 16 km /lit aprx. i am using tank full to tank full method.
Old 9th October 2009, 11:39   #37

Guys, does anyone have any clue when the new CHEV. SPARK is gonna be launched sometime next year??
Old 10th October 2009, 08:17   #38
BHPian

Congrats!!! Spark is a great city car. Take good care of her.
Old 13th October 2009, 23:03   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Congrats man, Spark is a great car for city drive

I have an Blazing red LT and I love her!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panks15 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil8089 View Post
Thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klever View Post
Congrats!!! Spark is a great city car. Take good care of her.
You are right. I enjoy driving every KM , may it be city or highway.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:34   #40
BANNED

Spark - Problems and Solutions !

Over a time i have seen many threads with spark ownership. Also, started noticing increased number of sparks on street (pune and outskirt). it is still head turner for me. (already have a spark )

So thought about a thread dedicated to spark ! about problems , ownership query, service experience, especially truth/experience about zero maintainance cliam (3 yr / 45000) (I have noticed on booklet that you can avail only two wheel alignments over 45000 !!). And help each other with resolutions with so many gurus and owners around.

Lets start with small problem i am having

1. Shifting gear mostly 1st and reverse - rest of gears are smooth.

Hope it will get smoother with more run in.

2. I was washing my spark in the morning. And noticed something unusual with rear wheel. So before taking it to service centre i thought i will consult here so that i will be ready with answers (i am sure they might try to shooo me away saying .. its normal and blah blah)

Refer pics.

Can you notice? one of wheel does not seems to be perfectly vertical/inline (in 90 degree). I have taken these pics on perfectly flat surface and i think it is not a deceiving look due to mud flap. It is too early to see uneven wear (odo is just 2.5K)

Please advice. Let me know if you feel the same. Not mentioned Left/Right wheel intentionally.
Attached Thumbnails
Quote for Spark PS - Pune (No Goodies) Ok? EDIT now booked LS and delivered-dsc04883.jpg  

Quote for Spark PS - Pune (No Goodies) Ok? EDIT now booked LS and delivered-dsc04885.jpg  

Quote for Spark PS - Pune (No Goodies) Ok? EDIT now booked LS and delivered-dsc04887.jpg  

Quote for Spark PS - Pune (No Goodies) Ok? EDIT now booked LS and delivered-dsc04888.jpg  

Old 29th December 2009, 22:06   #41

did you get a chance to have this looked by GM service guys? Please provide an update if you can

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks