Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 14:31   #1
BHPian

Second hand Hyundai i20

Hi friends this is distress call. On my hunt for a punto I have come across a second hand i20 details as follows
White color three months old that means June -July,
5000Kms Run, Gurgaon registered (I live in delhi)
The guy is saying it has alloys, rear camera and all. What should be the price I should buy this at, if i do? The guy is quoting me 5.6L. Please kindly help.
Old 19th September 2009, 14:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which model? Check its records. Check for damage etc.

If its loaded; 5.6lac is good IMHO.
Old 19th September 2009, 14:51   #3
BHPian

Its is ASTA, as the guy said that new is for 6.15L
But i read somewhere that car cost should decrease by 15% once its out of showroom that way Carwale says i20 asta is for 6.10L. So it should come down to 5.20L. What say? I'll go tommorow to check it out What should I bargain for?
I think i'll also have to change registration for it to delhi as I live here. How much will that cost any idea?

Last edited by somebodystopme : 19th September 2009 at 14:55.
Old 19th September 2009, 16:35   #4
BHPian

i20 is a superb car. You can get it if the price is around 5.2L. (+15k is fine). Please do check the service history and also enquire if it has accident ridden.

I would advice the following:

i. If you know any painter (aftermath), ask him to inspect the car. He would be the best person to tell you if the car is repainted after any accident. Minor touchup is unavoidable, any major mishap then its up to you to decide.

ii. Request a Hyundai mechanic (since you already have an i10) to inspect the engine, transmission, brakes, gear shifts and also the tyres and get a feedback from him.

Since it is almost a new car, everything would be covered under warranty. Hence you need not have to worry about anything.
Old 19th September 2009, 18:05   #5
BHPian

Okay you mean 5.35L I should be open to give not more than that. Can i have any more experts comments on this? If not this pretty thing then i'll have to go in for a swift which i assume will be much cheaper. Am talking about 2nd hand all the while. Lets hope this deal gets through i'll have to set my finances right as well as i never planned to invest so much in a car.

How much premium will i have to pay for a loan against 1.5L.On a second hand vehicle purchase
Old 19th September 2009, 18:54   #6
BHPian

I assume that its i20 Petrol 1.2 L Asta .
5.6 Lakhs is too much IMHO.
New i20 1.2 asta is 5.6 Ex-showroom gurgaon
Insurance Premium Around Rs.17,000
Logistics 3000
Registration & Road Tax Around Rs.11,000 (here comes the catch- this would be over 20k if you buy from delhi)
Total Cost On Road comes to 5,91,000 (Approx)
So for 30k less you will buy a 3 month old car.Basically you will save Rs.655 per month on emi.
A dealer in gurgaon would not buy it for over 5 Lakhs.
I guess you should qoute him 5 L and go upto a max 5.30.
The more the value of the car the more the depriciation. Moreover we dont have a big 2nd hand market for premium hatches as per now.

Now comes the registration part.To register the vehicle in Gurgaon you need to have an address proof of Gurgaon and will cost around 2-3k.
But if you dont have a gurgaon address proof you have two options
1) To contact a broker who gets your vehicle registered in gurgaon without a valid address proof.You will charged anywhere between 5-6k.
I wont recommend it being an unfair practice as well as risky in future.

2)To register the vehicle in delhi
For this you would have to get an NOC from Gurgaon RTO and then the car would be registered in delhi.
You will have to pay the entire registration as well as road tax.(99%confirmed,i'll confirm it an hour or so.)
But this is sure that at minimum you would have to pay 15k.

If you go ahead with the deal do check the service history.Make sure the car has been serviced on time otherwise there may be trouble in future warranty claim.Especially the first service matters a lot to be in time.
Also make sure that it is not accidental.

Last edited by k2max6 : 19th September 2009 at 18:58.
Old 19th September 2009, 19:18   #7
BHPian

Update;
I just enquired from a few of my friends which know a number of dealers in gurgaon and know about the transfers and all.

The reply - dont buy the car if you dont have a gurgaon address proof.Transferring it to delhi is too troublesome and you will end up loosing a lot of money and time.
Moreover he said 5.6 is way too much.No more than 4.6-4.8.
Old 20th September 2009, 17:15   #8
BHPian

Thanks so much k2max6. I just came from checking out the car. The condition is good one small dent on a door. The interior plastic hasnt been removed.

The car has Alloy wheels seemed to be 17 - 18". The dealer said alloys costed owner around 38K with tyres. I asked him to remove the alloys and bring the car around 5.25L(This was before knowing the process for transfer to delhi) and it also has reverse parking camera with a screen on rear view mirror. Whatever, I just had a word with him have asked him how much will it cost to transfer the car in delhi.

I dont think it makes any sense coz 5L also I was streching from 4L.I m saving my horses after he calls.
I am also getting a deal on 2500KMS run Swift vxi feb 2009 model white color. Will be going to see it by 7pm. Owner is asking for 4.3L. How much should i Bargain for? I dont know if 4L, 4.05 is decent for a feb this year car?(this deal is direct through owner)

Last edited by somebodystopme : 20th September 2009 at 17:20.
Old 20th September 2009, 22:48   #9
BHPian

I have cancelled the deal since its no point getting into hassle of transfering ownership and everything also am a little hassistant about a car to which owner first installed alloys and every accessory and then just sold it. Seem to be filthy rich. Dont know how he treated the car. Also while taking TD i wasnt very comfortable with the handling of the car. I blame alloys and tyre upsize for it. Mods can delete this thread. I have decided to buy a new car now. Mods please dont delete that thread its really urgent.
Old 20th September 2009, 23:15   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
I have cancelled the deal since its no point getting into hassle of transfering ownership and everything also am a little hassistant about a car to which owner first installed alloys and every accessory and then just sold it. Seem to be filthy rich. Dont know how he treated the car. Also while taking TD i wasnt very comfortable with the handling of the car. I blame alloys and tyre upsize for it. Mods can delete this thread. I have decided to buy a new car now. Mods please dont delete that thread its really urgent.
Its good that you called off the deal. I would never have gone for such a second hand car costing just Rs 55 K lower than the price of a brand new car, howsoever loaded it might have been.
Its only if some friend or near or dear one has to sell it out of compulsion can such a buy be considered. From strangers its a No No !
Old 21st September 2009, 01:39   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Its good that you called off the deal. I would never have gone for such a second hand car costing just Rs 55 K lower than the price of a brand new car, howsoever loaded it might have been.
Its only if some friend or near or dear one has to sell it out of compulsion can such a buy be considered. From strangers its a No No !
I agree. It is always better to pay that 50000 extra and get a new car. One never goes what that car has gone through and why he is selling that almost new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks