Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 22:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha_snh View Post
I took a test drive of i10 today evening. Gear shift is fine and Steering and controls are light and space seems to be ok-ish. Though I admit that the fit and finish are way above vista. This car will be a breeze to manage in city traffic. I did ask the showroom guys about all the problems that owners have reported. He said that they ve not received those complaints and if they do, they ll make sure the problems will be rectified asap. Trident hyundai guys seemed really courteous and answered all my queries with patience. My mind is inclined towards i10 now They are offering the following discounts:
free insurance
4k corporate discount(for my company)
kenwood HU with speakers or 5K cash discount. I prefer the cash discount.
freebies: matting, mud flaps,perfume!, idol! , etc

I want to haggle for remote locking(or fogs) , tints and keyless entry.

So it comes upto around Rs 443000 OTR bangalore with the discounts. Is it a fair deal? what more freebies should I ask for?

Well you seem to be receiving a good bouquet of freebies

Try to get free insurance + cash discount + extended warranty (in place of mud flaps/matting/idol/perfume) + Fog/Keyless.
You can get the other stuff fitted outside for a much cheaper rate.

I received the following as freebies

1st yr insurance
4k corporate discount
3rd yr warranty
Thats it ! nothing more. And every dealer in my city were steadfast on that.
Old 24th September 2009, 23:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest a Hyundai; Nothing to beat their quality or a.s.s. which means reliablity and hence peace of mind.

Suzuki needs to do something about built quality; Tata can learn to be a Suzuki to start with !

Fiat; well; reported to have plastic quality issue but way better than Tata or Suzuki; also newer though unaspiring engine but great ride quality.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:11   #33
BHPian

i10 1.2 Magna price in Chennai

My brother is also looking for an i10 1.2 Magna & below are the details of the price offers in Chennai, for metallic colors:

Ex showroom: 396148
Insurance: 11922
Reg,Tax: 41000
OTR Price: 449070

Corporate Disc: 4000
Cash Discount: 10000
Insurance Disc: 11922
Total Disc: 24922

Final Price : 423148

Accessories offered:
Mud Flap
Floor Mats
Sun Film (3M)
Remote Lock

While discussing over the phone today, the Sales Executive mentioned that he can provide additional discount (will chk with his Manager on the amount & get back to us), if we make a booking by this month end.

Is this a good deal?

~Gops
Old 25th September 2009, 12:30   #34
BHPian

fair deal

Hi gops

Sounds like a fair deal to me. Here the Trident guy was not ready to give remote locking and tints. I guess I have to haggle hard for it. Thats the part I hate. I dont like bargaining but I have to this time , else I ll lose out on the deal. I will try pitting advaith' quote and try if he relents.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Add a spoiler & Fog lamp,that looks good on i10.BWT what shade are you looking for?
I personally liked the Dark grey color.Any dark color goes well with beige interiors.
Old 25th September 2009, 17:07   #36
BHPian

electric red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Add a spoiler & Fog lamp,that looks good on i10.BWT what shade are you looking for?
I personally liked the Dark grey color.Any dark color goes well with beige interiors.
I am going with electric red. I have always been a fan of red cars I will add a rear spoiler.But not immediately coz they are quoting Rs 9500 for it!
Old 25th September 2009, 19:36   #37
BHPian

Talking of how good looking red cars are, here is my i10:
Vista safire aura , punto1.2 active, i10 magna kappa1.2,ritz lxi. EDIT : Booked i10!-dsc05635.jpg

This was on the way to Wayanad, in the Bandipur area.
Old 25th September 2009, 20:37   #38
BHPian

Its a completely different car. There is absolutely nothing common between a WR and the Ritz - except for the Maruti badge. I think you need to drive yourself these two before coming to any premature conclusions.

beleive me i know i was just stating the facts.
but facts are facts.

ritz is based on the swift platform. and yes there is nothing conman with the old wagon R and the ritz i know it. i wanted to state the facts.but this car is replacing the old wagon R in the UK.

about the punto.you get what u pay for it. in my defense of punto. the suspension the handling and the solid metal build quality is also worth it this will last for 5 years but if you like beige interiors like everyone else. then go ahead with the i10 maintaining them is a pain in the neck.

I hope we are not talking about Alto here

no i am not talking about the alto here. . punto 1.2 ltr will give average of 14. as it has different engine characteristics. its and sohc engine the benefit of that is that it makes power at lower rpm so that you don't have to change gears often in the city. this adds to goo fuel efficiency figures. so the 1.2 is more fuel efficient than the 1.4 petrol. 1.4 gives about 12. punto dynamic and emotion are outta your budget sadly.
looks like you are a strict budget. you were going for ritz lxi . i10 will suit you as it has all the features you will need. and prob discounts mats and free stuff. plus peace of mind from Hyundai.

punto is a car of bigger dimensions and heavy. for you in the city i think the Hyundai i10 will do just fine as its light and cute easy to maneuver around town.

Last edited by Caramelo : 25th September 2009 at 20:49.
Old 25th September 2009, 22:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha_snh View Post
Hi gops

Sounds like a fair deal to me. Here the Trident guy was not ready to give remote locking and tints. I guess I have to haggle hard for it. Thats the part I hate. I dont like bargaining but I have to this time , else I ll lose out on the deal. I will try pitting advaith' quote and try if he relents.
You would definitely get more discounts. They seem to be having 100s of i10s lying in their godowns . I have heard that you will also get telfon coating and under chasis coating for free along with what u mentioned in the list. At least this is what I heard!

Try to bargain or go to another showroom and check it out. Which Kenwood HU are they giving?
Old 27th September 2009, 21:51   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I skipped the 2nd page, so forgive me if I repeat something already stated.

My brother bought a Punto last week and I went over to take the delivery etc. I sat inside the car and was actually hard put to find what really was wrong with the interiors.
My brother told me that the quality of the plastics in the Punto during the first couple of months was dreadful and things have changed.

Do see if you can give it another try, frankly the interiors are not bad at all. I did not find anything to be excessively flimsy. The car has a nice solid feel about it and the looks are out-of-the-world. A red Punto would look awesome .

The i10 looks too chinese for my liking. Of course, its a personal opinion. I do feel that the stuff on offer does not merit the price charged.

Between the Vista and the Punto (Same engine options), I would anyday suggest the Punto.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:40   #41
BHPian

Final Deal for i10 1.2 Magna

Here is the final deal that has been offered @ DSC Hyndai, Chennai. Hopefully would finalize & my brother would book the vehicle this week:

OTR Price before Dscount: 449070
Total Cash Discount: 36000
Final OTR Price: 413070

Accessories offered:
Mud Flap
Floor Mats
Sun Film (3M)
Keyless Entry
Under chasis Anti rust coating
Full Body Cover

Color: Oyter Grey / Sleek Silver

If we opt to go for a Non Metalic color (Electric Red), OTR price would be reduced by 4000.

~Gops
Old 29th September 2009, 16:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

i10 deals/discounts, info required

We are about to buy a i10 Era. Discount offered this month in Karnataka includes free first year insurance and MP3 player (I can't avail corporate discount and exchange bonus).
I am in a dilemma on whether to close the deal this month itself or wait for next month in anticipation of more discounts. Does Hyundai really change these offers every month?
Old 29th September 2009, 17:22   #43
MCR
BHPian

@gops - Fantastic deal considering what Guna has told he has been offered. Pls select the Metallic colour.

@Guna - This is the standard offer from Hyundai dealers. Push for Freebies like Floormats,Mudflaps and sunfilm.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wow @gops!

Great bargain! Can you convince him to let you encash the underbody treatment?
Afaik it is pretty much useless! Which 3M film are we talking about here, as in which grade?
Old 29th September 2009, 18:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Wow @gops!

Great bargain! Can you convince him to let you encash the underbody treatment?
Afaik it is pretty much useless! Which 3M film are we talking about here, as in which grade?
Are you talking about the under body coating?
Could you please elaborate on your view? I was planning to get my car a coat during the first service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks