Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 19:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sid!

The under body treatment with Dinitrol or the 3M treatment makes sense only if you have an old car and live in the coastal area.
Most of the new cars already come with multiple paint coats and do not require it. Afaik they will be focusing on only the sheet metal part which anyways is a protection layer.

I can safely vouch that it is unnecessary. You can go in for it for the sake of mental peace, but its importance has always been rather dubious. I would suggest you go in for it only if you see signs of rusting(corrosive).

Btw, I think you are getting it for the i10. I might be wrong but I think it comes with a coat of paint to resist rusting from the factory itself. Other i10 owners would be better placed to validate this.

Thanks! (Congrats on the buy!)
Old 29th September 2009, 19:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info and wishes!

Last edited by Dippy : 30th September 2009 at 09:15. Reason: Please do not quote an entire post while replying. Thanks
Old 29th September 2009, 19:35   #48
BHPian

@gops,

Have you checked with all dealers ? Try for any deal on audio too.

@anusha,

Congrats. Electric Red is my favourite colour in i10 and iPai's car is the best example.
Old 29th September 2009, 21:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
@gops - Fantastic deal considering what Guna has told he has been offered. Pls select the Metallic colour.

@Guna - This is the standard offer from Hyundai dealers. Push for Freebies like Floormats,Mudflaps and sunfilm.
Thanks @MCR. I should push for some more freebies at least.
Old 29th September 2009, 21:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
@gops,

Have you checked with all dealers ? Try for any deal on audio too.

@anusha,

Congrats. Electric Red is my favourite colour in i10 and iPai's car is the best example.
There is good cash discount. It is better than deal with audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Thanks @MCR. I should push for some more freebies at least.
You should definitely try. Whatever you save, you can use it for ICEing
Old 29th September 2009, 22:24   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hi Sid!

The under body treatment with Dinitrol or the 3M treatment makes sense only if you have an old car and live in the coastal area.
Most of the new cars already come with multiple paint coats and do not require it. Afaik they will be focusing on only the sheet metal part which anyways is a protection layer.

I can safely vouch that it is unnecessary. You can go in for it for the sake of mental peace, but its importance has always been rather dubious. I would suggest you go in for it only if you see signs of rusting(corrosive).

Btw, I think you are getting it for the i10. I might be wrong but I think it comes with a coat of paint to resist rusting from the factory itself. Other i10 owners would be better placed to validate this.

Thanks! (Congrats on the buy!)
I agree that the car comes with protective painting on the under body, but given our roads, the flying gravel\stones, the scraping over the bumps etc, this coating doesnt take long before it gets damaged. Underbody coating like the one from 3M gives you protection and you can get your underbody checked and repainted for any scrapes every 6 months for 5 years. Given the price of about 2000, its not a bad deal at all.
I got this done for my car and have been very satisfied.
Old 30th September 2009, 16:24   #52
BHPian

thread title edited!

wow , mods already eited the thread

I have not done the booking yet, but will do so this weekend. There is a waiting period of 10 days , so hopefully will get the car on diwali.

I have dealt with trident hyundai mainly. Does anybody fee advaith is better?
Old 30th September 2009, 19:14   #53
BHPian

I bought the car from Advaith Hyundai on outer ring road. The buying experience was very good. I bought it on Nov 03 last year. So its nearly a year now They have been in constant touch.

The main reason i went to advaith was that the showroom and service centre is just half a kilometer from where i stay( Bellandur )

You can choose based on which is closer and convenient to you.
Old 1st October 2009, 23:39   #54
BHPian

Deal finalized & booked

Thanks all for your wishes. The vehicle has been booked & should be delivered by next week. My brother would also become a member & would have him start a new thread on initial ownership...

@MCR: Yes, it would be a metallic color - Oyster Grey

@EssYouWe: I tried asking for further cash discount instead of Anti rust coating, full body cover & Sun film. They are not not ready to go beyond 36 K for cash discount & hence closed with this deal.

@para_7k: Tried bargaining with DSC Hyundai, Kun Hyndai & Hyundai Motor plaza & later finalized the deal with DSC Hyundai, who offered the beast among the three.Tried for Audio / Extended warranty too, but did not work out.

~Gops
Old 2nd October 2009, 01:16   #55
BHPian

36K cash discount on i10 great!! i didn't know that! does that include corporate discount. and other discounts?

btw anusha congratulations on your i10. do post some pics and write initial ownership report on it.
Old 2nd October 2009, 11:51   #56
Senior - BHPian

@gops

Sahi deal bro!

Congrats!

@Anusha

Congrats!
Old 3rd October 2009, 14:42   #57
BHPian

Both the dealers are fine. But the individual experience counts. Congrats!!
Old 5th October 2009, 12:23   #58
BHPian

deal for i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops View Post
Thanks all for your wishes. The vehicle has been booked & should be delivered by next week. My brother would also become a member & would have him start a new thread on initial ownership...

@MCR: Yes, it would be a metallic color - Oyster Grey

@EssYouWe: I tried asking for further cash discount instead of Anti rust coating, full body cover & Sun film. They are not not ready to go beyond 36 K for cash discount & hence closed with this deal.

@para_7k: Tried bargaining with DSC Hyundai, Kun Hyndai & Hyundai Motor plaza & later finalized the deal with DSC Hyundai, who offered the beast among the three.Tried for Audio / Extended warranty too, but did not work out.

~Gops

I booked my i10 kappa magna yesterday in electric red.
i got the following discounts and freebies
>free insurance
>4000 corporate disc
>5000 cash discount (instead of free music system)

freebies:
>mud flaps, door mats, car perfume!
>remote locking worth rs 3500 for rs500
>tints
>teflon coating ( was against this, but since bangalore is not very hot, and the car will be in a covered place, it seems alright)

I forgot to ask for car cover though!

They were not ready to relent for any other discounts.

@gops: does your 36k cash discount include an exchange/loyalty bonus?
Old 6th October 2009, 20:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha_snh View Post
I booked my i10 kappa magna yesterday in electric red.

@gops: does your 36k cash discount include an exchange/loyalty bonus?
Anusha,

Congratz on your buy.
36K discount does not include exchange / loyalty bonus. 36 K includes, Insurance, Corporate & balance cash discount.

~Gops
Old 8th October 2009, 13:42   #60
BHPian

bridgestones and chasis number

I asked them that I wnt bridgestone tyres. They said stock comes either with bridgestone/apollo and there is no way I get to choose between them. Also, I wanted to know the Chassis code so that I can decode the month, but they said the car is in a yard in nelamangala, about 40km from bangalore. And it reaches the showroom only after it is registered. So even I cannot reject the model on basis of chassis number. I am a little distraught. help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks