Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 00:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Limited choice man. You have yourself knocked out Ritz petrol as two similar cars in one family are not to your liking. As a matter of fact, having a petrol and a diesel might give you chance for some healthy sibling rivalry . Like others suggested, if you do not want this situation, better to expand the choices and then make decision.
Very rightly pointed out by NutsnBolts. You can take a test drive of i10 1.2 and then decide.
Old 27th September 2009, 01:05   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Very rightly pointed out by NutsnBolts. You can take a test drive of i10 1.2 and then decide.
i10 is small compared to Ritz and Wagon-R, and is over-priced for that size. Ritz petrol is the one for you.
Old 27th September 2009, 11:17   #18
BHPian

Among the mentioned three the order of choice is Ritz>Wagon R>Estilo.

1. You already have a Ritz in the family. So this is not an option.
2. Wagon R is a good car, but in the verge of phased out. Look for some other model for obvious reason.
3. Estilo - new woh car! But personally I don't like a three cylinder mill.

Why don't you consider top end model of Spark (with ABS and driver side Air Bag). It will be fully loaded car at around 4.41 lakhs. You can get some fabulous discount during this festival time. Fantastic offer from GM India, for the next 3 years only you have to spend money for fuel. Nice car with fantastic interior space, decent fuel economy, real value for money. Go and check the black model with beige interior, you will love that.
Old 27th September 2009, 11:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Thanks. One dilemma is, i already have Ritz Diesel so my brother is little hesitant to get go for Ritz petrol again. He says, no two cars of same model.
in this case go for a Test drive of i10 Kappa.
Old 27th September 2009, 12:16   #20
BHPian

My brother took test drive of i10, i20, new Estilo and Ritz petrol. He likes i20 very much but it goes beyond his budget. Wagon R is old now, so the options would be i10 or Ritz petrol. New Estilo would be cheaper by 30-40K after 2-3 months when maruti showers with discounts. So, we don't want to take risk and waste money buying it.
Old 27th September 2009, 19:30   #21
Team-BHP Support

NDTV had a review of the new Estilo and I saw the assembly being pretty flimsy. This is again personal view as I saw in the program. Not to offend any Estilo owners.

On the other side, I also have the same problem. Their is an i10 in the familly and I want to upgrade to the 12 year old 800 (has run only 13K!)

This is for my parents who mostly sit in the back with occasional driving and are mostly driven. The most practical and logical choice was the new Santro Xing or the Alto (Not discounting the Alto yet).

- For more of backseat driving Santro seems to be the better choice, but I was not interested as its a dated design.

- I also looked at the Astar and the Ritz and immediately liked the Astar. Space for two folks in the back seemed OK (not bad, though bit cramped).

- Only issue is the horrible (or no) boot and hence the Astar was almost ruled out. (Still an option only because the highest end has many features).

- The final option is the Ritz LXI/VXI (depending on budget). Seems to be a good option.
- That is the thought process as of now.

Comments/Feedback will be really helpful.

Last edited by ampere : 27th September 2009 at 19:32.
Old 27th September 2009, 21:31   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

If budget is not a problem Ritz is the best car among the ones listed by you. Both the Estilo and WagonR belong to segment below and are no match to the Ritz's superior dynamics, performance, space and features.

But WagonR and Estilo are lighter in weight and have smaller engines so expect them to drink less compared to Ritz.
Old 27th September 2009, 21:41   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
If budget is not a problem Ritz is the best car among the ones listed by you. Both the Estilo and WagonR belong to segment below and are no match to the Ritz's superior dynamics, performance, space and features.

But WagonR and Estilo are lighter in weight and have smaller engines so expect them to drink less compared to Ritz.

That is exactly, what I also thought and that was the reason, I still had a soft corner for the A-Star. But considering the fact that my dad uses the car very rarely, I thought a comfy ride, should clinch the deal for Ritz Petrol.
Old 27th September 2009, 21:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Seeing that the original choices have been all but outright rejected you could perhaps give the Punto Active a look. It has a very distinctive design.
You can also think about the Indica Vista.
The good ol' Swift is of course a safe bet.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:22   #25
BHPian

Ritz Petrol is best among the three. But its already out of the list. Estillo got downgraded to a three cylinder engine (for fuel efficiency), but they hiked the price. So its is not value for money. The new Zen Estillo is priced around Rs.3,92,000/- for LXi (onroad in Chennai) while you can get a Ritz by spending Rs.40,000/- more. Wagon R is outdated and I never felt comfortable with it. Santro is 100 times better than Wagon R.

Also why don't you consider "Chevrolet Spark"? Its the best and the most value for money car available in Indian Market below 4L. Take a test drive and feel the difference.......

Last edited by sunil8089 : 28th September 2009 at 11:24.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:44   #26
BHPian

I feel Ritz should be a better choice in case budget is not a constraint. Wagon-R & Estilo share the engine & gearbox is what i was informed by the dealer. The gearbox used in Wagon-R is one one of the worst in the market.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:13   #27
Team-BHP Support

Due to budget constraints, looks Ritz may not be possible. But I still was very much interested on the AStar for the features and performance. I know that boot space is bad.

But I still really liked it. Dont if it would make a good choice. I wanted a good combination of performance and comfort. How to go about this?

Alto - No
Santro - Well... Yes, but not satisfied.
Wagon R : No
Estillo - ??? Not happy about the build.

Also I noted that ASTAR is not seen much on the road. Is that a fair observation?
Old 30th September 2009, 10:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you test drive the Spark. Now there is a limited edition PS costing Rs 299999 which has AC & PS alongwith freee insurance, Sony MP3 Player, 3year warranty package, Central locking etc. What is additionally needed is only road tax and registration charges.

My friend booked one after getting rid of a shunted 2004 M800 AC at a throw away price which someone has thrust upon him. The poor guy lost 40K plus in one and a half years time. But the launch of the Limited edition spark has made him cheer.
Old 30th September 2009, 11:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Due to budget constraints, looks Ritz may not be possible. But I still was very much interested on the AStar for the features and performance. I know that boot space is bad.

But I still really liked it. Dont if it would make a good choice. I wanted a good combination of performance and comfort. How to go about this?

Alto - No
Santro - Well... Yes, but not satisfied.
Wagon R : No
Estillo - ??? Not happy about the build.

Also I noted that ASTAR is not seen much on the road. Is that a fair observation?
Hey, one of the key deciding factor for me going towards Ritz was the comfort and easy in/out factor for my parents. Why don't you wait for couple of months and arrange that extra moolah? You should go for Ritz

We see quite a number of A Stars in Bangalore. However, my mom was not able to get inside the car
Old 30th September 2009, 16:22   #30
BHPian

Estilo?

With the new K-Series engine, is the Estilo not good for it's money? I hope its the same engine in A-star. But A-star has very little space inside and Estilo is good in the space department. Hence, why not Estilo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks