Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 17:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver View Post
Hello friends, I am Deepak from Bangalore and new to this site.

I presently own a Maruti 800 Standard (non-AC) August 2001 model. After 9 years of loyal service, I am planning to bid goodbye to it.
If you are happy with you M800, then look no further than Alto K10. It has every thing going for it except Airbags and ABS. Though it is the cheapest vehicle with the K10 engine, it has the best performance, AC and FE. Do read up the user feed back on the K10 on this forum.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safedriver View Post
On overall performance and maintenance, which in your opinion would be better - new Wagon R or Estilo?

They are more or less same (or I dare say same as they are from the same stable). I know the cash discount on Estilo is tempting compared to the WagonR, but trust me, the WagonR makes a better buy over the Estilo.
  • The WagonR is simply more practical than the Estilo in all aspects.
  • The WagonR is more spacious and roomy.
  • Being a tall boy design,the ingress/regress is far more easier.
  • Also, the visibility is better compared to the Estilo.
  • Finally,when you plan to upgrade, you will find more takers for the R than the Estilo.
Cheers

Last edited by sachinj12 : 8th October 2010 at 18:19.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:33   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you are happy with you M800, then look no further than Alto K10. It has every thing going for it except Airbags and ABS.
Aroy: Thanks for the suggestion. I did a TD of both AltoK10 and Estilo and my family felt that Alto K10 was a bit constrained for space, compared to the Estilo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
They are more or less same (or I dare say same as they are from the same stable). I know the cash discount on Estilo is tempting compared to the WagonR, but trust me, the WagonR makes a better buy over the Estilo.
sachinj: Thanks for the input, as you mentioned the huge discount on Estilo is extremely tempting; but your point about the greater advantages of Wagon-R is well-taken.
The only issue is the waiting period for Wagon R, which is 1.5-2 months.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:01   #64
BHPian

been using estilo for last 3 months. i was also in same dilemma to buy car for wifey, got estilo as alto k10 was not launched and wagon r had 1 month waiting time. plus estilo is almost 35 k cheaper when compared to vxi to vxi model which i believe is much when comparing the cost of new car. yes i did test drive both cars but my wife felt estilo to be much easier to drive then WR.

with car i have no regrets except that it sails like boat on highway not to be driven above 80-90kmph but for that i have NHC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks