Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 10:27   #1
BHPian

New zen Estilo or Wagon R or Ritz Petrol?

Hi experts,

My brother wants to buy a new small car and he narrowed it to all new zen Estilo, Wagon R or Ritz petrol. He is unable to decide which one to choose nor i do. Please advice the best car in this category. His driving would be 300-500 kms in a month and sometimes long drive.

Thanks
Old 25th September 2009, 10:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Out of the three, best car would obviously be the Ritz Petrol. Its a segment higher than the other two actually.
I am not a big fan of Estilo even with the new engine and wagonR is too old now. Consider it only if you are low on budget (3-3.5L).

Last edited by DCEite : 25th September 2009 at 10:33.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Out of the three, without doubt Ritz is the best bet. It also has got the best engine and interiors. Wagon R is also strong contender and somehow I find Wagon R utilizing the available space in better manner, but Ritz is more modern, so if budget is not a constraint, go for Ritz.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:19   #4
BHPian

Thanks. One dilemma is, i already have Ritz Diesel so my brother is little hesitant to get go for Ritz petrol again. He says, no two cars of same model.
Old 25th September 2009, 12:20   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i wouldnt buy either the Estilo or the Wagon R
Estilo is ugly and Wagon R is outdated

maybe you should consider I 10 Kappa, I 20 Petrol or Diesel , Grande Punto or the Swift instead if you really must have another hatch in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Thanks. One dilemma is, i already have Ritz Diesel so my brother is little hesitant to get go for Ritz petrol again. He says, no two cars of same model.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
out of the three choices you mentioned, Ritz petrol is the one he should choose!

if already have a ritz in the family, then expand your choice from these three choices and look at> i10, i20 and A-star!

Last edited by Parm : 25th September 2009 at 13:28.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:24   #7
BHPian

The best choice would be i10 Kappa or Punto if you want to keep the budget modest. Then there is Indica Vista and the good old Swift. If you really want to keep the choice within the three you have listed, it should be Ritz, followed by Wagon R. Forget the Estilo!

Last edited by pjay_in : 25th September 2009 at 13:27.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:29   #8
BHPian

Zen estillo --> Introduced recently , so no solid feedback ont he performance , feel etc
Wagon R --> tried and tested. Good if you are tall , need lot of space and dont bother about looks
Ritz --> I would definitely go for this. Been in the market for a while, Good reviews, Top-of-line engine , do need to get adjusted to the design , personally i feel its good design.

So to sum it up , i think he should consider between Ritz and Wagon R or Wagon R Duo.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:34   #9
BHPian

If it is WagonR, hold your horses; grapevine has it that a new model is around the corner.

Pradeep

Quote:
Hi experts,

My brother wants to buy a new small car and he narrowed it to all new zen Estilo, Wagon R or Ritz petrol. He is unable to decide which one to choose nor i do. Please advice the best car in this category. His driving would be 300-500 kms in a month and sometimes long drive.

Thanks
Old 25th September 2009, 13:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @400Kph View Post
Zen estillo --> Introduced recently , so no solid feedback ont he performance , feel etc
Wagon R --> tried and tested. Good if you are tall , need lot of space and dont bother about looks
Ritz --> I would definitely go for this. Been in the market for a while, Good reviews, Top-of-line engine , do need to get adjusted to the design , personally i feel its good design.

So to sum it up , i think he should consider between Ritz and Wagon R or Wagon R Duo.
for the views regarding different cars. However, as you have ritz already in family i would suggest to have a look at Zen Estilo. It's newer & fresher.
Old 25th September 2009, 14:02   #11
BHPian

If these are the only options, then go for the Ritz.
Old 25th September 2009, 22:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Out of the 3 stated I'd go with the Ritz Petrol - Fresh looks and latest.

Why not the i10 1.2 ? If he is open to anything besides Maruti please give the i10 a TD.
Old 25th September 2009, 23:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

Its a no brainer ..Ritz if budget is not a constraint.
Wagon R if you like the boxy looks ...an upgrade is in pipline
Estilo is a fair choice if you like it. Personally it doesn't appeal me. I would suggest go for the A-star instead. Historically modified vehicles never had a good sales record.
Old 26th September 2009, 04:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Obviously... Why own two cars of the same model?

Why not consider the i10 1.2?
Old 26th September 2009, 08:11   #15
BHPian

Limited choice man. You have yourself knocked out Ritz petrol as two similar cars in one family are not to your liking. As a matter of fact, having a petrol and a diesel might give you chance for some healthy sibling rivalry . Like others suggested, if you do not want this situation, better to expand the choices and then make decision.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks