Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 13:55   #16
BHPian

Why don't you get the new Figo instead? What does the Fusion offer over the Figo?
Old 10th March 2010, 17:01   #17
JLN
BHPian

i am a bargain hunter and avoid new cars. i typically changes cars every 2-3 years - so buying a new one does not make financial sense to me. Just for context, here are the cars I have owned: 1984 Honda Civic, 1989 Ford Taurus, 2000 VW Jetta - THE ABOVE 3 in the US. in India - 1999 Maruti 800, 1999 Indica v1, 2002 Santro AT, Indica 2005 Turbo, 2006 Santro AT - currently own the last 2 and looking at replacing the indica. the santro at is fabulous for a city like Bangalore. All this over a 10 year period - can't do this with new cars.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:04   #18
JLN
BHPian

thanks shankar. the vehicle available is a fusion (not the +), so no abs, but the owner has fitted alloy wheels (market) and a cd/mp3/aux basic ICE. From your post, I should probably look at a price below 4. anyway am seeing the car tomorrow. will keep the group posted. thanks a ton for the advice as usual.
Old 10th March 2010, 17:25   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

cool JLN

I understand your logic. Think about 3.75 -4 range-ish MAX.

indeed, in today's ever fickle market place, it makes a great deal of sense (financially) to buy a good used car for a reasonable rate, avoid all loan related headaches etc, hang on to it for a bit and then sell it off after 3 years or so while going for a newer model (again from the used market).
Its phenomenal how in the short space of 7 years the used-car-scape so to say here in India has morphed into something quite similar to what happens in more developed markets! The seriously expensive, super fancy cars like for example the Skoda Superb etc lose almost 50% of their original invoice value in the first year's depreciation!

Amazing!

And given the slew of new launches which seem to be happening almost month on month nowadays, the used car buyer has never had it so good.

On simply has to take one's hat off to Mr Jagdish Khattar's foresight in setting up Carnation Auto as a top quality corporatized/organized sector pre-owned car set up.

There's money in them there used-cars - to paraphrase an old expression from the novels of the old west!
Old 10th March 2010, 17:38   #20
JLN
BHPian

carnation is a fabulous business model - more than selling used cars, they will be servicing all cars - similar to the firestone service stations in the us. There very few folks use the dealerships for servicing as the costs are much higher. I can see the same trend in India. Mr. Khattar is a visionary - more and more people are buying cars and they spend tons of money in servicing/repairing the car. In a few years, I can carnation as one of the largest companies in the automotive space in India.
Old 10th March 2010, 18:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Why don't you get the new Figo instead? What does the Fusion offer over the Figo?
Fusion is substantially bigger, more spacious/roomy, powerful(petrol), and offers very good GC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
thanks shankar. the vehicle available is a fusion (not the +), so no abs, but the owner has fitted alloy wheels (market) and a cd/mp3/aux basic ICE. From your post, I should probably look at a price below 4. anyway am seeing the car tomorrow. will keep the group posted. thanks a ton for the advice as usual.
I have seen a ad of a 2005 Fusion with asking price of 2.5 lakhs. Probably it was in a different city but it is an indication of how good deal you can get.
Old 12th March 2010, 14:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
i totally agree with him. fusion will not be produced anymore. don't fall in that trap. you will have to spend a lot for parts and stuff.!
Old 13th March 2010, 11:55   #23
Team-BHP Support

Even if you plan to buy a used car, buy one which is still in the game. Not one which has been phased out.
Old 13th March 2010, 13:23   #24
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even if you plan to buy a used car, buy one which is still in the game. Not one which has been phased out.
If everybody starts thinking this way, what would happen to terms restoration, Classics,Cults... We are bhpns and we love cars, new ones yes and old ones, more YES.

If you desire for a fusion than go ahead, nothing would satisfy you more than owing a exclusive car that was ahead of its time. As per me now is the best time for a used fusion with its all time low prices. I am yet to see a all banged and battered fusion (maybe it used to be rich man 'scar that could only be serviced at Ford) but all this has translated to good overall condition of almost all the fusions i have seen.
Old 13th March 2010, 14:10   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
If everybody starts thinking this way, what would happen to terms restoration, Classics,Cults... We are bhpns and we love cars, new ones yes and old ones, more YES.
@KKG I am saying this in spite of the fact that I am HAPPY & SATISFIED Fusion guy for the last 5 years. My Fusion has served me very well.

I was just referring to the practicality of the matter.
Old 20th October 2012, 13:54   #26

re: Buying a used Ford Fusion

I have a 2008 Ford Fusion Petrol 1.6 ltr. Excellent condition, has run only 34000 kms and single driver driven. Has a music system installed. Want to sell it immediately. Any idea what is the best price I can get and anyone interested ? I advertised on some sites but response is poor. :-(. Any advise welcome
Old 20th October 2012, 16:57   #27
BHPian

re: Buying a used Ford Fusion

@vasisht...the Fusion inspite of being a great car, suffers from a poor resale and being a petrol is a double whammy - Carwale Valuation HERE

Do check with our experts on the Used Car Threa - here

Did you post your car in our classifieds

Don't Know your reasons to sell, but I would keep this as a second car, (maybe CNG'fiy it)....guess bangalore does not have CNG.

All the best mate and hope this helps
Old 20th October 2012, 20:09   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasisht
I have a 2008 Ford Fusion Petrol 1.6 ltr. Excellent condition, has run only 34000 kms and single driver driven. Has a music system installed. Want to sell it immediately. Any idea what is the best price I can get and anyone interested ? I advertised on some sites but response is poor. :-(. Any advise welcome
You are a bit late as this poor car has steadily declined in value over the years despite it being a very good car indeed. I would say hang on to it because you really wont get much more than 2.5 lacs max in the present date.
Old 20th October 2012, 21:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a used Ford Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You are a bit late as this poor car has steadily declined in value over the years despite it being a very good car indeed. I would say hang on to it because you really wont get much more than 2.5 lacs max in the present date.
The petrol Fusion, though at very low prices, was in demand last year for gas conversion especially by the domestic-gas-filling type but in the current circumstances prices declined further.
Old 21st October 2012, 07:12   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k
The petrol Fusion, though at very low prices, was in demand last year for gas conversion especially by the domestic-gas-filling type but in the current circumstances prices declined further.
Even sadder than. It is a great vehicle.
Personally I would consider it in the Diesel TDCi Plus version with ABS.
Very good car.

Most Viewed