Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2013, 17:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Buying a used Ford Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasisht View Post
I have a 2008 Ford Fusion Petrol 1.6 ltr. Excellent condition, has run only 34000 kms and single driver driven. Has a music system installed. Want to sell it immediately. Any idea what is the best price I can get and anyone interested ? I advertised on some sites but response is poor. :-(. Any advise welcome

Hi Vasisht,

Did you sell the car, if yes let me the price.....
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:59   #32
BHPian

Hi.
I am toying with the idea/need of a second car for commute within the city. I am presently enjoying the drive, ride and handling of a T-jet.
The Fusion has always been on my mind based on reading reviews of its ride and handling.
The prices have been coming down as it is phased out in 2010.
Does it make sense to get a 2008/09 TDCI, and if so how much would you think is the right price (in South India)?
Would appreciate inputs from owners regarding maintenance and spares.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sridhar
Old 16th July 2014, 22:51   #33
BHPian

Not many TN registered low kms/single owner Fusions visible for sale on the net...that parallels and says why no replies either
How I wish we can easily buy and use vehicles registered in another state!
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:56   #34
BHPian

Hi friends,
I have a good offer. I need your help before deciding. My friend is selling a Ford Ikon 1.3 Endura petrol. The car has clocked 90000 kms. I will be the 5th owner. As no one is ready to buy the car, he is offering me the car for 35000 Rs. The car looks good from outside. The engine is okay. Except that it switches off on its own after driving for 30 kms. After starting again it runs well. It turns off when you drive at high speeds for some time!!!!
I would like to modify it. Is it wise to consider the car? The car is still a looker!!!
Old 24th November 2014, 07:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit mishra View Post
Hi friends,
My friend is selling a Ford Ikon 1.3 Endura petrol. The car has clocked 90000 kms. I will be the 5th owner. As no one is ready to buy the car, he is offering me the car for 35000 Rs. The car looks good from outside. The engine is okay. Except that it switches off on its own after driving for 30 kms. After starting again it runs well. It turns off when you drive at high speeds for some time!!!!
I would like to modify it. Is it wise to consider the car? The car is still a looker!!!
90 K distance, 5th owner, no one else wants to buy that car, stops every 30 KM;s - I'll stay away.
jkrishnakj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 09:16   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
switches off on its own after driving for 30 kms.
What ever may be the condition / price, I would stay away for this single reason. It is safety critical. Think of a situation, you are doing a 3 digit speed on a expressway and the engines goes off, you lose power steering and it is quite risky to control the vehicle. Knowing this problem your friend / seller must have tried repairing it. I hope he gave away either without finding the cause / solution or because of the huge bill.

PS: 1 / 2 owner Ikon (Flairs / Endura 1.3/1.6) are available in market for less than 50k. if you aren't keen towards Ikon, I would suggest to look for something else.

PPS: This thread is related with Fusion. Look for Ikon related thread
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 13:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
What ever may be the condition / price, I would stay away for this single reason. It is safety critical. Think of a situation, you are doing a 3 digit speed on a expressway and the engines goes off, you lose power steering and it is quite risky to control the vehicle. Knowing this problem your friend / seller must have tried repairing it. I hope he gave away either without finding the cause / solution or because of the huge bill.

PS: 1 / 2 owner Ikon (Flairs / Endura 1.3/1.6) are available in market for less than 50k. if you aren't keen towards Ikon, I would suggest to look for something else.

PPS: This thread is related with Fusion. Look for Ikon related thread
Thank You friends, He failed to find the reason behind the abrupt stopping at regular intervals. Once he was driving at 70 kmph and the engine stopped. He was unable to operate the steering. He was lucky as the road was entirely empty.
Old 24th November 2014, 13:34   #38
BANNED

Quote:
As no one is ready to buy the car, The engine is okay. Except that it switches off on its own after driving for 30 kms. After starting again it runs well. It turns off when you drive at high speeds for some time!!!!
Why do you want to buy this car? If the primary purpose of buying it is to experiment/learning, then bring down the cost further for the primary reason that no one else is buying it.
On the other hand, if you are looking at modifying and using it regularly, stay away. This car looks to be absolutely unsafe for road use. In fact, suggest your friend to sell it for scrap and he should get close to what he is expecting from the sale any ways.
ILTDrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks