Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 13:40   #46
BHPian

vcash just check out my s10's before ( in amits thread) and after pics in my thread.

A nice detailing job should give you an idea how far is th paint damage.
A nice rubbing compound polish, and then 3-4 layers of different wax treatments should delat with all superficial stains and marks.

I will also somewhat return the wet look kind of shine.

One suggestion, i felt the seat covers were not fitted properly , they can be fitted more tightly.

i also noticed the rear parcel tray is missing ?

Last edited by karizma_devil : 4th November 2009 at 13:41.
Old 4th November 2009, 13:48   #47
BHPian

Thanks KD - I will check it out the before and after pics. Did you loose clear coat as well?

Seat covers do need to be tightened and all that stickering needs to be removed. And badges replaced too.

I thought your detailers could do this on Saturday.

Finally, do you know where I would get the fender badges and the Palio 1.6 GTX rear badge?
Old 4th November 2009, 14:13   #48
BHPian

Hi vcash
Congratulations on the Palio. Glad you did not get dissuaded from getting a palio. Used to have a 1.6 Siena which was one heck of acar to drive. After a brief flirtation with a Honda NHC, I am back to Fiat ( Linea). Not the same engine but still addictive driving. And yes, both had a great boot for the golf bag. Happy motoring and happy golfing.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:00   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Thanks KD - I will check it out the before and after pics. Did you loose clear coat as well?

Seat covers do need to be tightened and all that stickering needs to be removed. And badges replaced too.

I thought your detailers could do this on Saturday.

Finally, do you know where I would get the fender badges and the Palio 1.6 GTX rear badge?
I just bought all the badges from a shop at Opera house, just befor kennedy bridge, shope name " Shetty Auto Parts" its a very big shop and you can find all most all spares for Palio.
Front Grill badge - Rs.90
Rear Fiat badge ( Crome letters on blue base)- Rs.100
Rear Palio badge - Rs. 80
Rear 1.6 GTX - Rs. 150

I had some paint damage, some white colour fungus kind of patches, they were all cleared in 1 session of detailing. though my front fender top part colour has faded.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:37   #50
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride. Good paint work for a 7 yr old car. I bought a GTX in Pune a year back and I'm enjoying the ride. Good to see so many GTX sales in team-bhp. It's time to bring the 1.6 ltr engine back.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
........ It's time to bring the 1.6 ltr engine back.
Perhaps not possible as according to some reports, the much loved 1.6 (as well as the 1.8 which did duty in the Palio R abroad) will not meet the new emission norms.

Fiat is however launching the Linea with a new gen petrol engine in higher capacity for now our hopes rest on that .....

Cheers,
Old 5th November 2009, 09:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Thanks!

You are correct. It seems that the clear coat is the culprit. Should I refrain from a wax job? How do I fix this? Thanks.
Try a detailing and see if it helps, else painting that particular portion would be the only solution.
Old 14th November 2009, 00:14   #53

Hey all,

One more question. Does this Palio petrol have option to setup the LPG Gas along with petrol?

I have two option. Either Palio Diesel or Indica Diesel (You know other than me no one support for Indica :-( ) or Palio petrol with LPG gas fitting.

I look forward the fuel efficiency as well as powerful car (not the high end)

My budget lies between 1 lakh to 1.3 lakhs in bangalore.

Advise required.

Regards,

Krish
Old 14th November 2009, 13:46   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikrishni View Post
Hey all,

One more question. Does this Palio petrol have option to setup the LPG Gas along with petrol?

I have two option. Either Palio Diesel or Indica Diesel (You know other than me no one support for Indica :-( ) or Palio petrol with LPG gas fitting.

Regards,

Krish

Palio can easily be fitted with a LPG kit if you are willing to sacrifice the luggage space. Although running a 1.2 palio on LPG won't give you much in terms of performance.
And IMHO running a 1.6 palio on LPG is a shame, but that is just the performance freak in me saying so, in terms of practicality it isn't a bad option.

However, if you are talking about the 1.9 diesel, I guess for just this one time I'll go in favour of a indica turbo over the Palio 1.9D. The only reason being that the indica will be much more easier on the pocket than the palio as old palios often cost a bomb to maintain.

However, a Palio multijet is a better choice but then you will have to extend your budget by almost a lakh of rupees.
Also avoid the palio stiles with base petrol motor. Its sluggish and slow and running it on LPG will make it as slow (or as quick) as a TATA NANO. Well, almost.

Regards.
Old 14th November 2009, 14:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey Krish, from your query I understand that your primary concern is fuel efficiency and a car that is easy on the pocket. And I think on that aspect Palio P or D both are not the viable solution. I would suggest you go for a Zen which will be much easier on the pocket than the FIAT.
Old 14th November 2009, 17:28   #56

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for feedback. I, too , realize that after seeing a few used palio in used car outlet.

Indica or Zen are the way to go.. You know, buying the car first is really nice hunting experience. So many people, models, opinions..

Team-Bhp members are really useful..

Regards,

Krish
Old 14th November 2009, 19:08   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikrishni View Post
Hi ,

Thanks a lot for feedback. I, too , realize that after seeing a few used palio in used car outlet.

Indica or Zen are the way to go.. You know, buying the car first is really nice hunting experience. So many people, models, opinions..

Team-Bhp members are really useful..

Regards,

Krish
wise decision. I wish I knew Team-Bhp before I got stuck with white elephant known as Fiat Siena.

Fellows stay away from used Fiat cars. only buy them if you want to throw away your hard-earned money.
Old 14th November 2009, 19:14   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Fellows stay away from used Fiat cars. only buy them if you want to throw away your hard-earned money.
I think you meant badly used Fiat cars. There are still quite a few well maintained used Fiat cars.
Old 14th November 2009, 20:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wise decision. I wish I knew Team-Bhp before I got stuck with white elephant known as Fiat Siena.

I think that is very general statement. I bought my Uno used in 2003 and it is still serving me faithfully. Yes it has had it niggles but fixing it with original spares has been the best solution to it. It is still healthy after almost 9.5 yrs and 107k Kms.
Old 14th November 2009, 20:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry to hear about you getting stuck with a bad Fiat Siena. My experience has been the exact opposite.

If you know how to look after and maintain them, Fiat cars give a lot in return. If you are plain unlucky or not careful while purchasing and you get an abused Fiat, it will give problems much as any other brand. A friend plonked his hard earned money down on a Zen only to have the engine run out of breath on him. He used the opportunity to transplant another engine (bigger) into it and is now blessed with a rocket. He could instead have chosen to bad mouth Maruti cars.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks