Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 14:14   #31
BHPian

Re: YAWCT - Yet another what car thread! (Safe sporty hatchback <5.25L)

Thank you all for the responses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
Why not pick one from the Maruti stable? The WagonR is good enough if your wife would be driving most of the time, else the Alto K10 is decent fun to drive. If you can stretch a bit, you can have the Baleno Sigma (5.15 ex Delhi, means you need to stretch quite a bit) which will be a LOT better than any other vehicle at that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
You can get Maruti Celerio LXi(O)/VXI(O) which has all the safety features under 5 lakhs. Same for Wagon R LXI(O). There are offers on going which should sweeten the deal further.

Potentially, it has been rumoured that Kwid 1.0 to be launched in June shall also have both airbags and ABS, but thats for June, and while Kwid's design is striking, I would choose the Maruti 1.0 engine.
I haven't looked at Maruti because their design does not appeal to me. The one that appeal, like Baleno, is over 5 lakh. Moreover there is this impression in me that Maruti products have poor fit and finish. Anyway now I will look at Maruti with more interest. The thing I have noticed about Suzuki is very good engine refinement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Have a look at the Tiago. It is far, far superior to the Eon or the Spark. If safety is a concern, stay clear of the Kwid/Celerio. The Kwid is lighter than a Nano, and no, it is not engineered for safety..
The Kwid looks so rubust. Then I read the review and realised that it is light as feather. All this fixation with "kitne deti hai?" has spoiled the safety aspect of cars available in our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The best option for you would be the Celerio LXI(O). The Tiago XM(O) and the XT(O) are the other options but sadly, they do not offer ABS.
I don't want to go for a Tata because (1) engine refinement is poor, and (2) I expect certain level of quality even in low budget products.
Old 16th May 2016, 16:11   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Thank you all for the responses.

I don't want to go for a Tata because (1) engine refinement is poor, and (2) I expect certain level of quality even in low budget products.
At least give them a chance. The new products (starting from the Zest and the Bolt) are actually better than the competition in every way.
I think you won't be disappointed with a Tiago.
If you're open to used cars, you could get a previous generation I-20 with 6 airbags for that price as well.
Nissan1180 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 21:12   #33
BANNED

At your price range, Tata Bolt XE is the best buy. I almost bought one for 4.85L. If looking for better features go for a higher variant. But if you have concerns with resale and service, Alto K10 or eon 1.0L would do. If you want to throw space in to the equation, then Datson go next. Honorable mention is the Nissan Micra active, you will get 2 Airbags, ABS, EBD,BA for 5.8L
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 13:28   #34
BHPian

Reliable hatchback not more than 4 lakh.

Hi,
I'm looking for a hatchback for my bro(as a wedding gift) with max 4 to 4.25 Lakh only. Main criteria is to carry 3 adults and later on addition of a baby.
The hatchback need not be limited to city travel, it should be capable of highways too.
Should be features we are looking is power steering and AC.
Please suggest good reliable hatchbacks with this criteria.

Thanks very much in advance.

Ramki

Moderator's Note: Please search and use an existing thread to post your questions rather than always opening a new thread.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th July 2016 at 14:21. Reason: Post migrated to this more relevant thread.
Old 30th July 2016, 09:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggrin View Post
Toyotas are good enough but the Petrol motor of the Liva isn't very inspiring.
How so, if you please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks