Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 23:13   #16
BHPian

Thanx For the input guys but most probably will be booking the Swift Vdi as the only choice i have available in the punto is the Active Multijet 4.4 Ex or Emotion pack 5.55 Ex, Hence going for the Swift plus mom doesnt like the punto so swift it is.
Old 13th November 2009, 00:03   #17
BHPian

The moment re-sale value becomes priority Maruti it is. and if space is not a major concern, Swift is a fun car too!
Old 13th November 2009, 02:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

I would go for the Maruti Swift. How about the VW Polo? Guess it would overshoot your budget.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
The moment re-sale value becomes priority Maruti it is. and if space is not a major concern, Swift is a fun car too!
Space is not a concern at all as 90% of the times it will be occupied by just 2 people.. Very true, Resale wise Maruti is a safer option as i would definately be upgrading the car in 4 years and if moolah is not an issue than hopefully earliar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I would go for the Maruti Swift. How about the VW Polo? Guess it would overshoot your budget.
VW polo was never in contention sir and it definately overshoot the budget which as of now is not flexible.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:35   #20
BHPian

How much price difference is there between Punto E+ and Swift Vdi (ABS)?
Old 14th November 2009, 13:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
How much price difference is there between Punto E+ and Swift Vdi (ABS)?
The Vdi is 4.8 OTR Thru Csd so assuming that the Abs is available It would cost 20 grand extra so all in all it would be 5 lakhs.The Emotion pak is 5.84 Otr.
Old 14th November 2009, 13:19   #22
BHPian

I own 2 of the three cars mentioned and would suggest Ikon. great handling, sedan with loads of space, no blind spots and ofcourse rattle free.

Can't imagine how people can rank cars without actually using them over a period of time.

Check out both Ikon and Punto and get what suits you.
Old 14th November 2009, 16:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
I own 2 of the three cars mentioned and would suggest Ikon. great handling, sedan with loads of space, no blind spots and ofcourse rattle free.

Can't imagine how people can rank cars without actually using them over a period of time.

Check out both Ikon and Punto and get what suits you.
I have owned the Ikon 1.8 for quiet some time and even when i sold it the car was RATTLE FREE Amazing build quality! The ride and handling was excellent and it was very stable at even high speeds.

I would have gone for the Ikon Tdci in a heart beat if it werent for the dreaded Ford Service backup!! You know the old saying Once bitten twice shy. Also compared to a maruti it doesnt hold value in the Used car market as i am most certainly going to upgrade within 4 years.
Old 14th November 2009, 17:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

You are comparing 3 cars but all are not in the same segment.
Ikon is a sedan and other 2 are hatchbacks. So one should decide whether go for a sedan (the comfort and ride quality will be different) or a hatch back.

Resale value after 4 years - in 4 years things may change and cannot predict which one going to be hot resaler then?.

I think Punto will be good for you (New model wheres swift is old model and incase maruti changes the design or model, then the resale price of old model will come down). You decide a good car -leave the resale value which will be after 4 years? !
Old 14th November 2009, 17:29   #25
oss
BHPian

Go for the Swfit, or wait to see if (at all) Fiat will upgrade Punto with VGT engine
Old 17th November 2009, 11:40   #26

Hi I would suggest you Maruti Swift VDI with ABS or Indica Vista Quadrajet.
Old 17th November 2009, 12:27   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod's note: Thread closed since B2BW has decided. Hope to see the ownership reports shortly!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed