Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 19:37   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I have my uncle's WagonR parked by my i10's side , and drive it for short stints time to time. What I can say is i10 is almost identical to wagonR in dimensions etc. , but the interiors and the engine of i10 is vastly superior to WagonR. I have never driven swift/ritz, but interiors of i10 easily beats swift.
Just because 'the interiors are better or engine is good' doesn't take a car to another segment. Are you still doubtful about your selection but want to justify it?

By 'applying common sense', most people place the cars in certain segments. This 'common sense' is derived from the knowledge about the price, value, features, size, shape, space, brand, safety and comfort factors of a car.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th November 2009 at 19:39.
Old 12th November 2009, 20:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Just because 'the interiors are better or engine is good' doesn't take a car to another segment. Are you still doubtful about your selection but want to justify it?

By 'applying common sense', most people place the cars in certain segments. This 'common sense' is derived from the knowledge about the price, value, features, size, shape, space, brand, safety and comfort factors of a car.
About my selection - hmm - no other company gave me a choice to own a sub 6 lakh hatch with full safety features (ABS + airbags) and auto transmission, so I had to go the Hyundai way. So my answer is - No, I am not doubtful about my selection but surely thankful to Hyundai.

I do not really get the message in your second paragraph - except price I see i10 every way superior to Wagon R!

But let us please refrain from using this thread to sort out differences between other models and try to help the thread starter to decide between Ritz and i10.
Old 12th November 2009, 20:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

• If you are inclined towards the I10, go ahead and buy it, it is a more better quality product and very user friendly too. Its more compact and gives an overall better all round visibility than the ritz with its raised rear windows.
  • Easy to drive, yes tyre upgrade is recommended.
  • I 10 face lift is still at least 8 months away.
  • I 10's routine paid service bills will be about 3,000-3,500 in the long term (similar to my santro)
  • Beware that Hyundai's service standards (dealer attitude quality) is dropping of late. So make sure that you get a good Hyundai workshop to service your I 10.
  • Go for michelins XM1. My Santro is far far stable at high speeds with these tyres. If you want an optinum blend of ride and handling and with 14", do not go too wide-a-tyre. 175/60 R 14 will be more than sufficient.
Both the car's pros and cons are listed here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tz-1-2-kb.html

Again i say, do test drive both the cars extensively on the same day and then make sure that either of these 2 cars fulfill your requirements because both are highly competent and modern city hatches.

Last edited by sidindica : 12th November 2009 at 20:36.
Old 12th November 2009, 20:23   #49
BHPian

i10 interiors? Beige rite? all the best
Old 12th November 2009, 20:53   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
  • If you are inclined towards the I10, go ahead and buy it, it is a more better quality product and very user friendly too. Its more compact and gives an overall better all round visibility than the ritz with its raised rear windows.
  • Easy to drive, yes tyre upgrade is recommended.
  • I 10 face lift is still at least 8 months away.
  • I 10's routine paid service bills will be about 3,000-3,500 in the long term (similar to my santro)
  • Beware that Hyundai's service standards (dealer attitude quality) is dropping of late. So make sure that you get a good Hyundai workshop to service your I 10.
  • Go for michelins XM1. My Santro is far far stable at high speeds with these tyres. If you want an optinum blend of ride and handling and with 14", do not go too wide-a-tyre. 175/60 R 14 will be more than sufficient.
Both the car's pros and cons are listed here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tz-1-2-kb.html
Sid, if he is not inclined to any car, as an expert, which car will you recommend? Are you still sticking to the overall rating you've given to Ritz and i10, and give to Ritz? Or i10 because of the pros you mentioned above?
Old 12th November 2009, 21:32   #51
BHPian

Folks,

I took back-to-back test drives of both the cars today and have finalized on Ritz. Last two test drives for Ritz have tilted the balance in favor of Ritz. As it is bigger and heavier car compared to i10, I thought it will be difficult to drive.

But today, I felt totally comfortable driving the car - no pain anywhere in the body. After reading lots of reviews here on Team-BHP, I am convinced about the build quality of the car. The TD vehicle had done 10K+ KMs and there was no rattle from the car (even when passing at good speed above potholes). If the TD vehicle (which gets abused like anything) can be maintained rattle-free, we should be able to do so considering the care with which we pamper the car.

The sales executive today asked me to take the car to bad road and we took it to a real bad road (with lot of half foot deep potholes, mud, slush everything you can think of). Car handled really well on that road. Underbody didn't touch anywhere, which was surprising. There were absolutely no rattle sounds from anywhere in the car.

Now that I have finalized on the car, I need to finalize on a good dealer to buy the car. I have talked to Sagar, Bimal and Pratham till now. Out of these 3, Pratham has been most professional to deal with.

Any suggestions from Bangaloreans on which Maruti dealer to go for?
Old 12th November 2009, 22:06   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Folks,

I took back-to-back test drives of both the cars today and have finalized on Ritz. Last two test drives for Ritz have tilted the balance in favor of Ritz. As it is bigger and heavier car compared to i10, I thought it will be difficult to drive.

But today, I felt totally comfortable driving the car - no pain anywhere in the body. After reading lots of reviews here on Team-BHP, I am convinced about the build quality of the car. The TD vehicle had done 10K+ KMs and there was no rattle from the car (even when passing at good speed above potholes). If the TD vehicle (which gets abused like anything) can be maintained rattle-free, we should be able to do so considering the care with which we pamper the car.

The sales executive today asked me to take the car to bad road and we took it to a real bad road (with lot of half foot deep potholes, mud, slush everything you can think of). Car handled really well on that road. Underbody didn't touch anywhere, which was surprising. There were absolutely no rattle sounds from anywhere in the car.

Now that I have finalized on the car, I need to finalize on a good dealer to buy the car. I have talked to Sagar, Bimal and Pratham till now. Out of these 3, Pratham has been most professional to deal with.

I'm very happy with your decision!!! you will not belive I have been talking about your purchase to my freinds outside TBhp.

Try Kalyani- my experience so far has been really good with them.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I took back-to-back test drives of both the cars today and have finalized on Ritz.
Congrats!

Quote:
Underbody didn't touch anywhere, which was surprising.
Fact: if there are five ppl you will scrape on big humps, if you are not careful.

Quote:
In my experience Pratham's car sales department is excellent, but accessories department is exactly opposite!
Old 13th November 2009, 11:45   #54
BHPian

Congrats Gandhi on your decision. Ritz is an excellent new generation car and will serve you well. In addition to deciding upon the dealer, also keep an eye on the best discounts and freebies that you can get. You might need to bargain hard to get the best deal.
Good luck.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

which variant are you going for?
i think sagar and mandovi are better dealers avoid Bimal.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:59   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
In addition to deciding upon the dealer, also keep an eye on the best discounts and freebies that you can get. You might need to bargain hard to get the best deal.
Good luck.
Absolutely no discounts on Ritz Zxi except basic accessories (mud flaps, floor mats, perfume, god idol). They are ready to give some discounts of MGA accessories, but nothing for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
which variant are you going for?
i think sagar and mandovi are better dealers avoid Bimal.
I am going for the top-end Zxi variant. I won't be going with Bimal in any situation. Sagar, they were least interested in selling the car. I plan to visit Mandovi this weekend.
Old 13th November 2009, 12:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

Most Maruti dealers in Bangalore are pathetic in their own unique ways, so it really doesn't matter where you book it from.

I would suggest that you give preference to the dealer which is located close to your office/residence.

I personally do not own a Maruti in Bangalore, but some of my friends (who own Maruti's) have had good experience with RNS motors. I also had a pleasant experience with RNS (Hosur Road) when I purchased my car some time back. I had approached RNS for test drives of A-star and WagonR, but I finally purchased i10.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 13th November 2009, 12:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

congrats on deciding to buy a Ritz.
IMO you better ask the dealer to give you free insurance/corp discount/extended warranty/under body coating and skimp on the accessories.
You can get the mud flaps/mats/idol/perfume a lot cheaper outside.
Also let us know what upgrades you plan immediately after getting the car (I am sure you have a thing or two in your head!).
Old 13th November 2009, 13:25   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Most Maruti dealers in Bangalore are pathetic in their own unique ways, so it really doesn't matter where you book it from.

I would suggest that you give preference to the dealer which is located close to your office/residence.
I stay in whitefield and my office is on Richmond Road (will be moving to ORR - near Bellandur) from January. So Pratham is the closest from my house and future office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
congrats on deciding to buy a Ritz.
IMO you better ask the dealer to give you free insurance/corp discount/extended warranty/under body coating and skimp on the accessories.
You can get the mud flaps/mats/idol/perfume a lot cheaper outside.
Also let us know what upgrades you plan immediately after getting the car (I am sure you have a thing or two in your head!).
Issue is, there are not ready to provide anything for Ritz Zxi (as this is in very high demand). Zxi is fully loaded, so no major upgrades are planned. Thinking on upgrading the rubber to Yoko from OEM JK.
Old 13th November 2009, 13:45   #60
Senior - BHPian

congratulations on your ritz zxi, hope ABS comes mandatory and airbags optionals in all variants.Which colour did you opted and whats the on road price for your car do share.I guess petrol ritz does not get any discounts as to diesels as petrol ones are more in demand with better FE and very near to diesel ones.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks