Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 11:24   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Sun film - dealer quoted 3500 for side and rear glass. Brand is some - Nanolux 40 (he said sister concern of V-kool).
I have this one, it's good for sure.
I bought my Ritz from Pratham ring road, and got the same film installed from them.

Be warned:
* I had bubbles after installation, when questioned they said 18% bubbles are expected. Where as my friend got it installed outside (don't remember brand), where they did a splendid job zero bubbles!
He also spent 3.5k, same as me.
* You need to inform in advance if you want the front quarter glass to be tinted.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:38   #77
BHPian

Congratulations!

As promised here is the mileage data from the first full tank, measured auto-stop to auto-stop same bunk, same dispenser as well: 12.8 kmpl with 70% AC. I would think that the mileage figure would've been slightly lower, if I hadn't got an over-speeding ticket on ORR (opposite the new MORE supermarket). I had to drive about 100 KMs over the weekend and didn't exceed 70 kmph even on reasonably empty roads.
Old 16th November 2009, 12:54   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This is about Teflon coating. You can go for it without any problem, nothing serious on this. But make sure that the teflon coating is not applied on windscreen and the windows.
Thanks for the information. But reading a lot of threads on teflon, it seems that it is not required for new cars and it may actually harm the car paint. So most likely, I am not going for teflon coating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezpo View Post
I have this one, it's good for sure.
I bought my Ritz from Pratham ring road, and got the same film installed from them.
Thanks, if the Pratham accessories guys are not professional in doing their job, I won't get anything done from them except the door beading and bumper guards. I have heard good things about 3M sunfilm and underbody treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Congratulations!

As promised here is the mileage data from the first full tank, measured auto-stop to auto-stop same bunk, same dispenser as well: 12.8 kmpl with 70% AC.
That's a decent figure considering the car was driven only in city. Any other observations about the car so far? When is she going for her first service?
Old 16th November 2009, 15:39   #79
BHPian

Guys, please suggest me good shops for getting seat covers, 3M sun-film and 3M underbody treatment. I am not convinced with the dealer quotes. I'll buy some accessories from him just to get the 2000/- discount.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:50   #80
Senior - BHPian

hey finally congratulations on your black ritzy, zxi perfect choice.Good that you are not opting teflon coating, but do for for under body treatment, gear lock.Sunfilms, seat covers are better available outside at accessory market with better rates and quality.Try and look out at market for options available and decide.Looking forward to see your car soon.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:15   #81
BHPian

Update on accessories

Went to the accessories people @ dealer to check out their work.

Seat Covers
- I found the work done by them very much professional. Checked one new A-star with Luster seat covers and the quality of fit and finish is really good. This material looks much thicker than art leather and has one more layer of some other material beneath. He is quoting 7500 + tax for Luster seat covers. 1 year warranty for stitches and 2 years warranty for the material (for cracking etc).

Sun film - He has sunfilm available from all the brands. 3M RE-50/70 is 4000 + Tax. Nanolux 40 is 3500 + Tax. V-kool is too expensive, so I didn't ask the prices. Saw one SX4 with this Nanolux film installed, and found the result to be satisfactory. There were some bubbles (hard to notice unless told) left which he told are expected with any sunfilm installation. Nanolux comes with 5 year warranty while 3M is 2 years warranty. Specs on Nanolux film are better than that of 3M.

Underbody treatment
- Checked multiple new cars with their underbody treatment. This is Maruti's underbody treatment (under chassis, wheel archs, inside doors) for which he is quoting 4500 + Tax. I told him that 3M underbody treatment is 2800 only. Then he said 3M doesn't coat inside doors and hence the price difference. He was ready to provide the same @ 2800 if not done for doors. Coating the inside of doors with anti-rust material is important because water seeps in during rains and car wash.

After some more negotiations, he has agreed to give me some discount.

Here's the final quote -
  • Door beading - 1200
  • Bumper guards - 690
  • Seat Covers Luster - 7500
  • Sun Film Nanolux 40 - 3500
  • Under chassis treatment - 4500
Total - 19564 (including Tax @ 12.5%)

Discounted Quote - 15750 (including Tax). This quote is from accessories guy. In addition to this, dealer has promised me 2000/- flat discount on whatever accessories I buy from this guy. So that makes the final quote for me @ 13750/- Net.

Sounds like a reasonable deal to me unless I can get some of the above mentioned items at very cheap rates.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 18th November 2009, 15:42   #82
BHPian

Accessories deal seems reasonable. See if you can get it down to 13k (if possible, sweetens the deal a bit more). You can always get back to them in case if there is some problem post installation. Tell them to install sun-film properly (If possible stay there).

What is door beading??
Old 18th November 2009, 15:46   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Accessories deal seems reasonable. See if you can get it down to 13k (if possible, sweetens the deal a bit more). You can always get back to them in case if there is some problem post installation. Tell them to install sun-film properly (If possible stay there).

What is door beading??
I don't think there is any more juice left in the accessories guy to still lower the deal. Of course I will stay there when they work on my car.

Check out this picture - the rubber strips on the doors is door beading.

Image courtesy of Dezpo

Last edited by Gandhi : 18th November 2009 at 15:51.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

gandhi - could you please elaborate on the bumper guards?

I saw a set of transperent stick on bumper guards from autographix the other day , looked cool.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:50   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
gandhi - could you please elaborate on the bumper guards?
Check out the pic posted in my post above. Bumper guards are similar rubber strips on front (2 pieces below headlights) and rear (single piece along the length of the bumper) bumpers to prevent scratches.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:56   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Check out the pic posted in my post above. Bumper guards are similar rubber strips on front (2 pieces below headlights) and rear (single piece along the length of the bumper) bumpers to prevent scratches.

yup I get that - but people here in kolkata are trying on the new stuff i just told you about. Its a set of 14 transperent stick on pieces (4 for each door edge + 10 for bumpers), and they really dont look obtrusive and look like a part of the car itslef. I am goona get a set of that from Glix (I forgot that the other day I went to them for a sunfilm job - installed llumar silver 70 for side and llumar windshield - total cost 4500)
Old 21st November 2009, 12:50   #87
BHPian

Update on the delivery

The sales guy had told me that the cars get dispatched from Maruti every friday. So he should have some update on the car this friday.

It's exactly 1 week I had booked the car. So I call him to check on the status. He tells me that he is in some meeting and will call me back in half n hour. No calls for 1 hour, so I call him again. This time he doesn't pick up my phone. I start thinking if he has started showing his true colors. Fortunately, he calls back in 5 minutes and apologizes for not picking up the phone as he was still in the meeting .

Now the status - My car is not included in the lot that got dispatched from Gurgaon yesterday because of pending deliveries from previous weeks. I remind him about the condition I had put forth while booking the car - I will cancel the booking and take full refund of the amount if car is not delivered on the committed date of 10th December. He has given this me in writing at the time of booking. He tells me to not worry about it and will take care of the delivery on agreed date.

Long wait continues...
Old 21st November 2009, 15:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

so this stats your delivery coming within 20 days coming, may be your car might be alloted to you in another coming batch, still days left for them to deliver to you.Accessory list seems to be good and of good price as well.I know all juice taken off but still try if you can make is roundoff by 13K.
Old 24th November 2009, 07:51   #89
BHPian

Gandhi
What colour seat covers are you planning on?
Old 24th November 2009, 08:09   #90
BHPian

i am sorry to be hijacking your thread.. hope its okay and thanks.

i am planning to buy a maruti and a new one and i have shortlisted A-star
and Wagon R
just had a few questions

- a friend told me that maruti is scraping the wagon r next year
i tried to confirm this with multiple dealers and they say no, is this true

-i am more inclined on the wagon R( vxi petrol) cause i am getting a discount of 30k on it
where as on a star its only 10k.

-buy buying the wagon R will i be making a wise decision.

my usage will be only weekends drive through the city and rarely to mysore or ooty from blore.

pls advise

Last edited by alias : 24th November 2009 at 08:10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks