Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 13:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
also i had a query in mind regarding the airbag system,,
what would be approximate cost of getting the side curtain and front seat airbag systems in a working condition if my car suffers a side impact that deploys only the side airbags and not the front ones..
searched the forums but could not find anything concrete regarding them.
would really appreciate any info
You can't get this info even from the dealer as well. But getting the airbags done after being deployed would be a tough job to do. May be it may take lot of time & money. That would be bombshell to even think of.
Old 26th November 2009, 13:57   #17
BHPian

^^
Very true. Airbags are a good safety device but a costly affair.
I'd expect the cost of a single airbag to put back in place (just the airbag) to be in the range of 15-20 k (depending upon the brand).

i20 1.2 top end (with sun/moon roof) is an excellent choice for your needs. The 1.4 AT would have been even better but it goes above 8 L OTR.

** If you are not against the Skoda yet ** , may I also suggest you test drive the Fabia Elegance Petrol (1.2 MPI). There are many happy and satisfied Fabia owners on the forum.
With the current discounts on tap, it should come to your budget and you'll get far far better driving experience and quality compared to the i20 for the money .
Old 26th November 2009, 23:36   #18
BHPian

@ramsagar
yes you are right its very difficult to get this info, but still i am trying to find out the same as i have time on my hands and also so that i make an informed decision..
the difference between the asta and asto(o) variant is just 20000rs i guess..
so that makes the asta(o) even more attractive option..

@jigbarai
the 1.4at as you said is way out of my bugdet and the skoda fabia- i did not even consider it as we have forums full of the the skoda aftersales nightmares..
would not want to be in that place..

regarding the i20 even if i book the car today i will get delivery towards mid of December only, so i think i am gonna wait and get the new car in jan2010..
Old 27th November 2009, 00:28   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Apart from goodies Jazz is a very good option, the engine is very flexible and peppy, its refined too. The interiors are very functional and impressive. Being a honda it will keep you happy for years. Safety equipment is enough with abs and airbags being standard with 5 star ncap rating.

I bet test drive a Jazz and you may forgive lack of climate control and sunroof. I could have bought it but a petrol did not fit my requirements.
Old 28th November 2009, 09:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
@vkochar
what would be approximate cost of getting the side curtain and front seat airbag systems in a working condition if my car suffers a side impact that deploys only the side airbags and not the front ones..
searched the forums but could not find anything concrete regarding them.
would really appreciate any info
If a car has a bad enough accident where the airbags have no choice but to fire, the car will be or should be a write-off. Do not try to repair it and do not let the insurance company try to repair it for you. Do not bother about the cost of techology that is used to potentially save the lives of the occupants. The lives of the occupants are worth far more than the cost of the car's parts. The car is designed to save your life by sacrificing itself. Full coverage insurance from a reputable insurance company bears the cost of the accident/sacrifice and helps you afford a new car with the same or better safety features and crash test results.

Low speed impacts that do not meet the preset threshold, determined by the i20's safety engineers, will not trigger airbag deployment.

By putting safety as the number one priority, you are part of the Indian minority. When other people or maybe the other part of yourself tries
to scare you with replacement part costs, resist them. They do not value
the proverbial "ounce of prevention" as much as you and their argument is not logical. No matter how costly the car is, if you can afford to completely
insure it by a reputable insurance company, you have nothing to fear. Do your research on which insurance companies prefer to total or write off the car and give you your money rather than trying to make you repair and drive a car that has suffered frame damage. After a major/airbag accident, replace the car with a new one. Do not take chances.

Do not bother about the i20's other weaknesses like ride and steering feel. Those who want the safest car under 10 lakhs have no choice but to compromise on these two aspects. Simply adjust how you drive over bad roads and how fast you drive.

superboy44, I hope you buy the i20 Asta-O, wear you seatbelt, insist your passengers wear theirs, and drive carefully for many years of accident-free motoring.
Old 28th November 2009, 23:30   #21
BHPian

@anshuman
the jazz is good but way out of my budget which is at the max 6.5lacs

@dose
you read my mind,
whenever in the near future i go for the new car i will make sure its the safest of the lot.. and as you said that this makes a minority, so its gonna take a lot of convincing but i think i will manage..
Old 29th November 2009, 00:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

sb44, if you can wait, try to get your car in jan 2010, newer year and would be good for you as well.
Old 29th November 2009, 00:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Best piece of advice, buy the car now, and get it registered in January!
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

If you have the funds, need not regret in buying the Asta(O). with the difference amt you can't even get an after market sunroof. And not to mention curtain airbags.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Friend,

After all you are in December, why don't you wait for a while till January? There may be some chances of some new hatchbacks in the near future. Any how go through some auto magazines for the new arrivals.
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:21   #26
BHPian

Mods & Seniors - Detalied review please !!!!!

I think the i20 1.2 asta (o) has recieved the least attention for such a hyped up car from our distinguished mods.Most of the threads are linked to the i20 CRDi, but wouldnt a comparison be even more helpful??

I recently read an absolutely fantastic review of the Indigo Manza by GTO which was extremely detailed, accurate and most importantly neutral.Such reviews are an absolute boon to people who are trying to decide on a car but dont have the experience or the technical prowess to do so themselves.

I really dont trust the auto magazines and car shows [especially ZIGWHEELS] and Ownership reports are great but generally a little biased and emotional.

Mods & Seniors - Could someone pleeeease give a detailed review of the i20 1.2 asta(0) as i have not found any such thread on the forum.

PS: Does anyone have any verified information about the VW Polo because from the pictures floating around - the "Indian" Polo suppossedly has a different face !!!!!! [Read - not like the Sirocco]
Old 4th December 2009, 11:36   #27

You are absolutely spot on with the i20 Asta (O). It has all the safety features, nothing else comes close to it under 10lacs if you are particular about ABS with EBD and 6 Airbags.
I agree, the suspension is not the most silent or comfortable one. Punto has a great suspension as far as my TD experience goes with both these cars.
But yes if you can wait, there are a few new launches as fellow bhpians mentioned.
But I am sure the prices might be on the higher side for a feature rich hatch from any other brand apart from Maruti and Hyundai.

Quote:
dear bhpians i am looking to buy a feature rich hatch with the following prime requirements..
- first and foremost safety
- next comes the looks
- should be trouble free and easy to maintain
- fuel economy does not really matter as the car wont be driven too much, about 10000kms a year.. so dont think so i need a diesel car..

as you might have guessed by now i have the i20 asta(o) 1.2 on my mind..
as of now i am in no hurry to buy the car but still if i can avail any benefits on the i20 in dec. then would go for it.

i want to suggest me if there is any other car that would fulfill these requirements??
also i have one more query regarding the i20, where are the six airbags exactly located?
are there any airbags in the front seats? cause i was told this by the hyundai salesman..

thanks..
Old 11th December 2009, 08:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

@Dose: What you said is right. The money spent on these extra features are a life savers, I would say they are better than our Insurance policy, but when you are saved against a severe crash, you start thinking about your car that it had good amount of damage and can't leave our baby without getting back to normal state.

Just my two cents.
Old 11th December 2009, 09:06   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Id recommend you view the I 20 carefully - it is a loaded vehicle and nice looking too!
Old 11th December 2009, 14:12   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

If you haven't still decided for the vehicle i would suggest you to wait for some time, Good discount offers are expected on 2009 manufactured Jazz, Most probably in January. Keep checking this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...orrection.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks