Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 16:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
No I dont think Nissan is an option for me. The car might be good but reliability of the new model, owning and maintainign cost and also the A.S.S does not look predictable.
I am saved of this addition to the list.

On the lighter note I might just staty happy with my existing car and forget going through this trauma.
On a serious note it is best for you got for i10 where it is required to do the duty onf going from one place to another place without any probelm and be kind on your pocket IMO or else just wait for somemore days you never know what other cars will enter.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:56   #77
BHPian

I will Update on the Test Drives if any I take over the weekend. This will start giving a clear picture to me and everyone.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:19   #78
BHPian

i10, a comfy spacious car with a nice and smooth drive, extremely refined engine, knife-on-butter like steering that suits the needs of your parents.
Hyundai service always remains on the top with affordable spare part prices.

if space not a constraint, Spark would be a good choice clubbed with their 3 years maintenance package
Old 4th December 2009, 17:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will Update on the Test Drives if any I take over the weekend. This will start giving a clear picture to me and everyone.
Exactly...That is what you have to do now after all these inputs from all BHPians
Old 4th December 2009, 17:24   #80
BHPian

As M800 was the car that is alreasy in use, rule out the Alto, Spark. Just too small and wont feel like an upgrade.
As for Waggy, Santro they will be obsolete by the time your long term ownership(I guess more than 5 years) comes to an end and may not be VFM from when you consider resale as well.

If you can wait there are POLO,FIGO and MICRA. Of these Polo is from VW and not such a great idea from a A.S.S stand point same holds good for MICRA and to an much lesser extent FIGO. Also you already have a FORD, unless you your req includes wiper, turn light compatibility between your Fiesta and new small cars you can drop them from the list.

Punto A.S.S improving, still not proven.

This is december when you get max discounts and you have a long term ownership requirement.

Depreciation hits upfront or at the end. If the ownership is going to be less than three years then you can wait for the new year and keep mulling over newer models.

Vista is good can but you are not inclined towards it, probbaly for the same reasons I wouldn't go for it.

So get the i10 A/T enjoy the ride at a discount, great looking car, amazing color options, pretty neatly laid out interiors. Even the 1.1 MT should be a hoot to drive with the super smooth dash gear box.

Forget the audio, any thing that can be added later can be done later, but you can upgrade your car from ERA to Magna six months down the line when your budget eases a bit.
Old 4th December 2009, 17:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

Nice summary Marlin. So "rasta" check the summary and decide for a TD. your i10 might be still less than you expected due to year end discounts. just check this link Car companies dole out huge discounts to keep momentum going- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Last edited by shishir_bn : 4th December 2009 at 17:45.
Old 4th December 2009, 18:17   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
i10, a comfy spacious car with a nice and smooth drive, extremely refined engine, knife-on-butter like steering that suits the needs of your parents.
Hyundai service always remains on the top with affordable spare part prices.

if space not a constraint, Spark would be a good choice clubbed with their 3 years maintenance package
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
As M800 was the car that is alreasy in use, rule out the Alto, Spark. Just too small and wont feel like an upgrade.
As for Waggy, Santro they will be obsolete by the time your long term ownership(I guess more than 5 years) comes to an end and may not be VFM from when you consider resale as well.

If you can wait there are POLO,FIGO and MICRA. Of these Polo is from VW and not such a great idea from a A.S.S stand point same holds good for MICRA and to an much lesser extent FIGO. Also you already have a FORD, unless you your req includes wiper, turn light compatibility between your Fiesta and new small cars you can drop them from the list.

Punto A.S.S improving, still not proven.

This is december when you get max discounts and you have a long term ownership requirement.

Depreciation hits upfront or at the end. If the ownership is going to be less than three years then you can wait for the new year and keep mulling over newer models.

Vista is good can but you are not inclined towards it, probbaly for the same reasons I wouldn't go for it.

So get the i10 A/T enjoy the ride at a discount, great looking car, amazing color options, pretty neatly laid out interiors. Even the 1.1 MT should be a hoot to drive with the super smooth dash gear box.

Forget the audio, any thing that can be added later can be done later, but you can upgrade your car from ERA to Magna six months down the line when your budget eases a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Nice summary Marlin. So "rasta" check the summary and decide for a TD. your i10 might be still less than you expected due to year end discounts. just check this link Car companies dole out huge discounts to keep momentum going- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
I just had a discussion with mom and explained her what can be a list of good options for all of us to TD. She was under the impression i10 would be a 5 L + car. To cut the long story short we summarized on going for a TD for either hyundai or maruti this weekend.
Fiat/chevy might follow some time later. I will keep everyone posted on how things go. I am sure after all that noisy discussion everyone is eager to know how things are progressing.

I am still curious to find out how much would an Auto transmission i10 would cost. I am confident on my wife's driving (I can confidently say she is a horrible driver ). I hope she never reads this as I might end up spending 2 days making up for it.
Old 5th December 2009, 13:58   #83
BHPian

Quote:
I am still curious to find out how much would an Auto transmission i10 would cost. I am confident on my wife's driving (I can confidently say she is a horrible driver ). I hope she never reads this as I might end up spending 2 days making up for it.
i10 AT Magna would come close to 4.5 ish on the road in Pune (given the current freebies, offers, corp discounts and stuff).

If I had your specific requirements (parents/wife/city driving) and budget(around 4L) in mind, I'd pick it up eyes closed.

Do keep in mind that for the ease of city driving you will get with the automatic transmission, you will have to spend about 10-15 % more on the fuel bills.
Old 6th December 2009, 10:40   #84
BHPian

10% more? I thought they made up in recent times with the auto trannies and they arent near as bad as this. Anyone using an AT can give us some real figures?
Old 6th December 2009, 16:44   #85
Team-BHP Support

Chevy Beat is around the corner, looks suggest wait for her...
Old 7th December 2009, 09:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Chevy Beat is around the corner, looks suggest wait for her...
Good suggestion @Sheel, but if it were for my parents, I would go for something that is proven.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

I think you should go for the i20 .It has got everything and the diesel verision is awesome.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:49   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
I think you should go for the i20 .It has got everything and the diesel verision is awesome.
His budget constraint limits him to 4L. So i20 diesel would be difficult to source with that kinda budget. Unless if he has increased his upper limit by another 2L .

Last edited by prince_pervez : 7th December 2009 at 10:07.
Old 7th December 2009, 09:56   #89
Senior - BHPian

So dude did you do any TD and on what cars did you do it. Give us some report
Old 7th December 2009, 11:15   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
So dude did you do any TD and on what cars did you do it. Give us some report

yes I did, I am just wrapping up the monday morning emails before thinking on how to go about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks