Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 11:30   #121
BHPian

Friends,
I am getting a bit paranoid and confused as the year is coming to an end. Am I making a mistake in missing out on the year end discounts. Like I said it might cost me around 50K. What are the new models which I shold be waiting for? As a chevrolet car is out of Question due to the A.S.S , is it only Figo that I am waiting for?
I am also not sure if I should go for another ford product as the ford service center is at the other end of the city. I have already wasted 2 days in going and trying to fix a small squeqy sound in the existing car which still remains unsolved. This travell might not be feasible for every small issue.
Shall I just wrap up a deal on i10
Old 29th December 2009, 11:00   #122
BHPian

An update -
I visited the Hyundai showroom last eve and again tried to understand the impact if I do not book an i10 before end of this year.

Losses as per yesterdays discussion -

Insurance free scheme - 13K +
Price rise from Jan on the i10 models - 5K (this is purely an assumption based on the discussion nothing concrete)
Loss on resale value of existing M800 - 10K

So assuming the above figures to be approx and not considering other new year factors the least I can expect is a loss of 25K.

Figo would not be available for a TD nor would I have the specs or price details untill late Jan or early Feb.
A.S.S center too far away from my home while hyundai is just 2kms away.

Due to the above reason I have decided to book a i10 before 30th Dec. Will keep everyone posted on the other details.

Any recomendations?
Old 29th December 2009, 12:17   #123
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Just go ahead and book the i10 . I presume you would opt for the 1.2 engine option. I have an i10 auto mainly for my parents and for the weekend local drives. If you can live with a milage of around 9 kms in the city there can be no better car than an i10 Auto for parents self drive in this stop-go traffic.

All the best
Old 29th December 2009, 13:39   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Just go ahead and book the i10 . I presume you would opt for the 1.2 engine option. I have an i10 auto mainly for my parents and for the weekend local drives. If you can live with a milage of around 9 kms in the city there can be no better car than an i10 Auto for parents self drive in this stop-go traffic.

All the best
yes planning to book the i10 Magna 1.2 engine. Manual transmission.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:30   #125
BHPian

Update - The i10 1.2 Magna was delivered on 25th Jan. Will give the details of the selection, feedback in a new thread.
Thank you everyone for helping us become the owner of the i10.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:42   #126
Senior - BHPian

@Rasta, Congrats on the new purchase. So finally bought i10 after a much debated and huge number of ideas.Will be waiting to see your review.I was shocked when I saw this thread after 1 month.But happy that you have decided to buy i10.

Last edited by shishir_bn : 27th January 2010 at 11:51. Reason: typo error:i20 instead of i10
Old 27th January 2010, 11:48   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
@Rasta, Congrats on the new purchase. So finally bought i20 after a much debated and huge number of ideas.Will be waiting to see your review.I was shocked when I saw this thread after 1 month.But happy that you have decided to buy i10.
it is i10 magna manual not i20 .

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to i10 club..
Old 27th January 2010, 11:56   #128
BHPian

Thank you. I had to go through some serious change management when I drove the i10 home after a Fiesta for the last 4 months. I am happy I did not get the first scratch on my way home.
I will hold the details so that I have something left for the new thread, or should I just have my 1st post modified so others find the relevence and also there is a logical continuity. Mods please suggest what should be the right way.
Thanks in advance.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Thank you. I had to go through some serious change management when I drove the i10 home after a Fiesta for the last 4 months. I am happy I did not get the first scratch on my way home.
I will hold the details so that I have something left for the new thread, or should I just have my 1st post modified so others find the relevence and also there is a logical continuity. Mods please suggest what should be the right way.
Thanks in advance.
@Rasta, IMO start a new thread. This thread was to know which car you required and you got the answer and bought the same. Now start a new thread in the initial impression section and jolt down all the details from dealers to riding the car back home and your dependents feelings.
Old 27th January 2010, 13:47   #130
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. Hope to see the ownership report soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks