Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2009, 23:47   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaydere View Post
Hello Guys,

This is my first post on this forum & need some advice. I am planning to buy a car that will be driven about 35 kms daily to work & about 150 kms on the weekends which could/will extend as I get used to driving, oh yes, I am a new driver too.... All these years have been riding a Bullet & have travelled across India, so another reason for me to buy a car is to take my family (Parents & Sis) to most of these places where I rode off my Bull.
hi there! I seriously suggest that you take a look at the Dzire too, apart from the Wagon R Duo. My advice , stick to a maruti since you are new to driving - good mileage, service network, cheap spares, the list is endless. There are minor quality issues about plastics and switches people keep talking about, but have you ever heard anyone really cribbing about it when it comes to maruti. At least maruti guys dont take us for a ride like the HONDAs and FIATs by charging a premium and not giving features they do in the European and other countries at the same price.

Also, Both the above cars are spacious for elders at the back and offer decent value for money.
Old 10th December 2009, 17:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

As you know that Getz is a serious contender here and is not in production. You are lucky if you can fetch CRDi unit. Else Swift will do the magic.
Old 14th December 2009, 23:23   #18

Thanks guys on your feedbacks... I am not buying the Getz since its out of production.. The One available for sale, I am not sure if it is a TD car or not so I dont think its worth the risk.... Now the Vista Annv Edition Quadrajet Aura (Leather seats / Alloy Wheels, Blaupankt cd player with 6 speakers & some addition) is costing me for about 5.55 lacs from a Multicar Dealer in Andheri , Mumbai. With this I am also getting free floor mats , Teflon Coating & one more thing which I forgot... & the Swift VDI is costing 5.75 VDI with nothing except Maruti A.S.S & peace of mind...... what to do ? I need the space that Vista is offering but heard some bad remarks abt TATA A.S.S... Please advise... I really need to book this in 2 days.....
Old 14th December 2009, 23:52   #19
BHPian

I would buy the Vista. Its a newer model compared to the swift. With all that space and features costing less than the VDI is sheer VFM.
Old 15th December 2009, 00:24   #20

Any feedback on the TATA A.S.S please ? I went to two Tata Showrooms in Mumbai, Wasan Motors (Borivali E) & Fortune Cars, Powai & after filling the enquiry form that have not even bothered to call me & ask me any feedback or when I would be coming to buy the car or something like that... Its like I am really confused with their attitude & home the workshop guys do a better service or atleast on par with Maruti...
Old 21st December 2009, 15:30   #21

Guys.... I have finally booked Swift VDI from Spectra Motors Goregaon, Mumbai. I went there to the showroom with my parents to book the Artic Pearl White one but the moment I got down the rickshaw in front of the showroom there was this new Swift VDI black ready for delivery... Man what a sight... what a gloss after all that Teflon coat... With no second thoughts I told the Sales Lady I am booking a black one.... I made the initial downpayments & now my black beauty should be arriving somewhere in the last week of Jan or early weeks of Feb.... They had a Dec 09 manufactured car ready but I did not opt for that & thought its better to have a 2010 stamp on the chassis & the engine..... Wow I think the wait would be really worth ... Any inputs on black gaddi maintenance & the seat colour combination ?? My friend told me dont go for black leather or semi leather seats with a black car which will heat it more but I am now looking for extra opinions... Please advise....
Old 28th December 2009, 12:42   #22
BHPian

Tips for Maintainence of a black coloured car

Congratulations on your black beauty

A black car requires a lot more attention from the owner than any other coloured car - scratches, colour fading, cabin heating etc etc.

Black leather is not a complete no-no but you have to be careful of where you park the car. It also depends on whether its art leather or any other kind.Just make sure you have a good sunfilm and that you dont park the car in direct sunlight for extended periods of time and you should be fine.
IMO beige goes really well with a black car, even a red-black combo looks hot. There are plenty of options out there.

Try to search for similar threads on the forum for more ideas.
Here are a few pointers for general black car maintainence as quoted by "The MAG"[Moderator] in a similar thread;

1. Never dry dust/dry clean it. This reduces the gloss/deteriorates the clear coat of the paint. Its OK if the car's dirty - you can always wash it over the weekend.

2. Avoid putting car covers - it creates/accentuates small scratches.

3. Do not park in the open sun - it accelerates fading. Always look for a shaded area in which to park your car.

4. While washing, especially before cleaning muddy areas - dont use a cloth even if its dipped in water. Rinse all the mud by hand first, using plain running water . You can then use the standard wet cloth to wash the area normally. This ensures no mud particles stick to the cleaning cloth, thus avoiding extensive and minute scratches while washing with this cloth. Also ensure that the cloth is cotton and clean thruout the wash cycle.

5. If you're around when birds do their thing, immediately remove the goo using moistened newspaper/cloth. If guano is left to dry - even though it comes off during regular wash, it would have left a noticable discoloration of that area which is difficult to treat.

6. Do not keep any solid objects on the body of the car - such as plates/tumblers etc. when in a drive-in restaurant or otherwise. Discourage people/pets from sitting/jumping/leaning on the car.

7. Use a nice car shampoo once/15 days - it removes particles not removed by a plain water wash.

8. Polish the car with a good wax - preferably hard shell/carnuba once 1.5-2 months

9. Most importantly - wash the car yourself. The neighborhood busybody wouldnt be discerning enough to take all the care you would while washing.

10. Everytime you leave it for service, insist on a touchup(usually free) of all noticable sratches.

11. Use running water while washing instead of a bucket. This ensures there are no particles in the water that would stick to the cloth and scratching the car in the process. While on the subject of water, hard water is not car-friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaydere View Post
Guys.... I have finally booked Swift VDI from Spectra Motors Goregaon, Mumbai. I went there to the showroom with my parents to book the Artic Pearl White one but the moment I got down the rickshaw in front of the showroom there was this new Swift VDI black ready for delivery... Man what a sight... what a gloss after all that Teflon coat... With no second thoughts I told the Sales Lady I am booking a black one.... I made the initial downpayments & now my black beauty should be arriving somewhere in the last week of Jan or early weeks of Feb.... They had a Dec 09 manufactured car ready but I did not opt for that & thought its better to have a 2010 stamp on the chassis & the engine..... Wow I think the wait would be really worth ... Any inputs on black gaddi maintenance & the seat colour combination ?? My friend told me dont go for black leather or semi leather seats with a black car which will heat it more but I am now looking for extra opinions... Please advise....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks