Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2009, 14:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Buying a New 2004 Palio

During my last visit to Pune, i happened to visit the B.U Bhandari Showrrom.

However, I was pretty early and other than the security guards, there was no one to assist me.

I saw lots of new Fiat Palio(Both 1.2 and 1.6) in the showroom yard and just thought if it is actually possible to buy a brand new 2004/2005 Palio from here.

Firstly, is this possible and do companies offer any discount on such transactions?

Also, if I actually buy the car, will it be covered under regular warranty and if banks would finance the car?

Gurus, please give your comments and thoughts!!!
Old 27th December 2009, 00:29   #2
BHPian

Hi Arnab. Is it the sheer fascination that you are looking for a such an old 'new' car that to a Palio which is selling less than 10 units per month in whole of India! See cars are made for running, not for remain idle at a corner of a stockyard for years. See each car component has a half life whether it is running or remain idle. If you are crazy about Fiat buy a brand new Punto, don't waste your hard earned money to an old Palio standing at the yard for such a long time.
Old 27th December 2009, 06:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

I can bet my flesh that such an "old" new car, if you are able to find one, would have done a lot of duty as a test drive car, or as the showroom manager's/ worker's drive around car. If you are locked on on a Palio, why not look at used cars available outside, maybe from a BHPian, or a friend, or a reliable dealer?
Old 27th December 2009, 17:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Tough really to find such an old one. Although I doubt if any dealer would stock a 5 year old new car as you say.

Year end discounts mean they clear stock.
Old 28th December 2009, 09:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

Thanks a ton for the advice.
Was curious if this case would exist.

Most Viewed