Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2012, 08:58   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ritz Automatic?

Nice! Was expecting this launch for sometime. I guess it should be the same automatic box that does duty in the DZire. Gets optional ABS as well - and I guess a very good alternative to i10 AT and Brio AT.

If i were in the market for an AT (Which I am - for parents, early 2013 mostly) - it wouldn't consider the i10 auto due to mileage issues. Only other choice was Brio AT and DZire AT. Only deal breaker for Ritz AT is the looks from the rear, but I think Brio is even worse in that department.

I wonder when Maruti will launch a Swift AT? Come on Maruti - How hard can it be?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th November 2012 at 09:03.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

This is a really soft launch, I must say. I havent seen any news of it in the papers, nor any of the full page advertisements which car manufacturers are known to provide for any new variant. This would definitely be a good competitor to the Brio AT and the i10 AT. The Ritz engine is indeed a fantastic one, and the AT will only increase its appeal to urban commuters who are looking for a hassle free drive in bumper to bumper traffic, without wearing out their left knee.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:10   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
This is a really soft launch, I must say. I havent seen any news of it in the papers, nor any of the full page advertisements which car manufacturers are known to provide for any new variant. This would definitely be a good competitor to the Brio AT and the i10 AT. The Ritz engine is indeed a fantastic one, and the AT will only increase its appeal to urban commuters who are looking for a hassle free drive in bumper to bumper traffic, without wearing out their left knee.
I guess the real launch might come today/ this week. Prices have not been updated in the site yet.

The AT version looks to be 20 kgs heavier compared to the MT.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz now available with Automatic Transmission on the Vxi variant

Looks like the agency which maintains the web site unintentionally published the pages before the launch!
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 10:34   #50
BHPian

Ritz has not tasted the usual success which MS vehicles tend to enjoy. This is going to be a booster shot for the car in the AT version.
The real boost to this car would have come from giving the diesel also an auto box. This would have surely got the car in the consideration set of many.
With Ritz getting the auto box what should stop MS from putting the same in the Swift?
Old 7th November 2012, 11:07   #51
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ritz now available with Automatic Transmission on the Vxi variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
With Ritz getting the auto box what should stop MS from putting the same in the Swift?
Not only Ritz, the mechanically identical DZire has it!

I guess Maruti is able to sell more Swift than they can produce. Hence no interest in launching an automatic variant. Could have killed i10 AT and Brio AT with Ritz + Swift + DZire automatic lineup though.
Old 7th November 2012, 12:05   #52
BHPian

It is nice to hear the launch of Ritz AT. Also one more observation is, against to the trend of launching AT only on the top models Maruti has done a good job by launching the Ritz on their Vxi trim. It would be a welcome move if they launch it on Zxi too.
Old 7th November 2012, 12:09   #53
BHPian

I had read this some place that this was expected. However, was the facelifted ritz lauched in the petrol version already? I thought the facelifted version was only launched in Diesel.
EDIT: Also from the screen grabs from the website, looks like the RITZ AUTO had a dead pedal, which was missing in the Dzire AT. Thumbs up, Maruti Suzuki. Called my Sales Advisor (who reached out to me himself last week, asking if I needed a new car) and he said there is no info from Maruti on a Ritz AT, !! Hehe!. gave him the link to the website. Let's see what he comes back with.
Little OT: But OTR prices quoted for Dzire AT 7.85L, and for A-Star AT 5.2L in Mumbai.

Last edited by kmadhok : 7th November 2012 at 12:22. Reason: See edit
Old 7th November 2012, 12:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I guess Maruti is able to sell more Swift than they can produce. Hence no interest in launching an automatic variant.
Absolutely . Maruti seems to be providing AT only on those that have a tough time to sell (A Star and Ritz as case in point). Isn't this a rather pathetic excuse ? A swift AT would have given some nightmares to Honda and Hyundai both. I for one, am desperately waiting for a decent car with AT below 8 Lacs for my city driving in Bangalore.
ajay9252 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks