Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 17:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

hey Suhaas! Polo 1.6 Highline for just over 6L! 105bhp and 150Nm of torque! Tempted?? just don't tell your mom the specs of the car and convince her by appreciating about everything else
Old 21st February 2010, 18:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
hey Suhaas! Polo 1.6 Highline for just over 6L! 105bhp and 150Nm of torque! Tempted?? just don't tell your mom the specs of the car and convince her by appreciating about everything else

suhaas307, see below posts.

Bangalore has 3 VW dealers, hence support should not be a problem. TCO shoudn't be a concern to you either,right?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1743213

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1743489
Old 21st February 2010, 19:03   #108
BHPian

Given your budget, Jazz would've fit in just fine, but, i guess it wasn't meant to be.

Test Drive the i20 CRDi Asta (o) with sunroof , your decision will be made. Its a much superior car to the Gp as far as the overall package is concerned & a proven performer.
The Polo comes close as far the petrol version goes, but falls in torque which is 180Nm compared to the i20's 220Nm !!
It'll be a hatch loaded with the best features & a awesome engine to drive around in
Old 21st February 2010, 21:03   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
Given your budget, Jazz would've fit in just fine, but, i guess it wasn't meant to be.

Test Drive the i20 CRDi Asta (o) with sunroof , your decision will be made. Its a much superior car to the Gp as far as the overall package is concerned & a proven performer.
I just test drove the i20 today since even i'm in the same dilemma as Suhaas. Although i have a price bar of 7lakhs, even my parents are looking for a hatch that has good space, is comfortable and is loaded with features and safety. Engine power is the last thing on their mind right now. The i20 fulfills all the criteria and they loved it. Now, waiting for the Polo also. 1.6!!
Old 21st February 2010, 22:02   #110
BHPian

Quote:
I just test drove the i20 today since even i'm in the same dilemma as Suhaas. Although i have a price bar of 7lakhs, even my parents are looking for a hatch that has good space, is comfortable and is loaded with features and safety. Engine power is the last thing on their mind right now. The i20 fulfills all the criteria and they loved it. Now, waiting for the Polo also. 1.6!!
Was in the same mental state before booking my i20 last week, but, it was a decision from the heart, fell in love with the car on seeing it up close. Thankfully, a bit of post-booking research & now the announced prices for the Polo haven't made me have a second thought.
Feel the i20 is more car per car sans the pull of the 1.6 motor. Didn't feel it fell short at all in city conditions. Eagerly awaiting the delivery!
Old 22nd February 2010, 06:54   #111
Team-BHP Support

It looks like now that VW has VFM hatch up there sleeve, the Jazz may fizzle out of he market, going down by its own gravity. Unless Honda guys do something about the price, numbers will not roll.

VW 1.6 Highline is definitely worth it. Though need to check how are the quality of the interiors.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:14   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Tell me about it dude! It's sad!

Altis? Why? Has he driven the Cedia? Does he know how awesome it is?
Cedia's rear seat is nowhere as good as the Altis or the Civic. And unfortunately, my dad will be spending most of his time there. I was pushing very hard for the Cedia. See my Test drive thread, you will get an idea of how similar our struggles are!
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It looks like now that VW has VFM hatch up there sleeve, the Jazz may fizzle out of he market, going down by its own gravity. Unless Honda guys do something about the price, numbers will not roll.

VW 1.6 Highline is definitely worth it. Though need to check how are the quality of the interiors.
Im expecting that the quality of the interiors will be top notch and best in its class since it is a VW.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:38   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Im expecting that the quality of the interiors will be top notch and best in its class since it is a VW.
Another reason I hope, VW has priced it so nice is that they may push in Golf in the 7-10L bracket, which is a nice range for that car. VW may have got the pulse of people in India, that no one will buy a hatch in the 10-12L range. Hence this price planning.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:10   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post

suhaas307, see below posts.

Bangalore has 3 VW dealers, hence support should not be a problem. TCO shoudn't be a concern to you either,right?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1743213

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1743489
Thanks for the info guys! We're very very interested in the Polo! The 1.6 looks extremely tempting! Thanks once again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post

The Polo comes close as far the petrol version goes, but falls in torque which is 180Nm compared to the i20's 220Nm !!
It'll be a hatch loaded with the best features & a awesome engine to drive around in
We're not interested in Hyundais, Musicmaker23. But thanks for your suggestion! We'd called for a test drive and they seemed very lethargic about it so we left it alone!

The Jazz is perfect for the budget, we still haven't made our decision. Please refer my posts below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Honda might be forced to drop the prices of the Jazz with the introduction of the new Polo. And if they don't, the few prospective buyers (like us) might turn away from Honda and settle in for a better built, better spec-ed, better VFM, German super-mini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Cedia's rear seat is nowhere as good as the Altis or the Civic. And unfortunately, my dad will be spending most of his time there. I was pushing very hard for the Cedia. See my Test drive thread, you will get an idea of how similar our struggles are!
Nikhil, I haven't seen your thread yet! Could you PM me the link? But it does make sense to go in for an Altis/Civic if he is going to be chauffeur-driven!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Another day, another test drive! This time, it was the Ritz. Here is a quick review from me:

It's an OK car. Great engine, good gearbox and good handling. The front seats were very supportive but the driving position feels a bit off, especially the pedals. I had to bend my ankles quite a bit. And the dash board feels like it's climbing on you, a la the A-Star!

For its size, it seems quite small from the inside! The rear bench was not up to the mark and the interiors seemed to be very cramped! All in all, we weren't too happy with it.

Looking to buy a new Hatch. Price no bar!-210220101377.jpg

NOTE: We had called for another TD of the Jazz, this time from Whitefield Honda, and my mom liked it this time(!) and we almost decided on it (even the colours and the accessories)! But after reading new posts on this thread, we're considering the Polo. Thank you guys! You've been awesome!
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:15   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We're not interested in Hyundais, Musicmaker23. But thanks for your suggestion! We'd called for a test drive and they seemed very lethargic about it so we left it alone!
That is surprising. Which dealer - Advaith or Trident? Advaith is usually highly professional.

Quote:
We had called for another TD of the Jazz, this time from Whitefield Honda, and my mom liked it this time(!) and we almost decided on it (even the colours and the accessories)! But after reading new posts on this thread, we're considering the Polo. Thank you guys! You've been awesome!
If you decide on Jazz, don't hurry your purchase. Polo is going to make Honda make some moves wrt Jazz pricing. Time your purchase to benefit from that.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:24   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
That is surprising. Which dealer - Advaith or Trident? Advaith is usually highly professional.

If you decide on Jazz, don't hurry your purchase. Polo is going to make Honda make some moves wrt Jazz pricing. Time your purchase to benefit from that.
Sbraj, it was Trident Hyundai. I guess they aren't as professional as Advaith Hyundai!

And I agree. We might take our time about our decision now after the introduction of the Polo.

IMO, what Honda should do is drop the prices of the current 1.2 Jazz by about 75k, and then plonk the 1.5 Vtec mill (that does duty in the City) in the Jazz and sell it at the price of the current 1.2! And Honda will have a winner on their hands for sure!
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:33   #118
BHPian

8 pages of posts and no decision yet!! Even I am hooked to this thread and looking for latest updates like its some saas bahu serial.

C'mon, finish with the Polo and i20 TD from Advaith and put us out of our misery

On a more serious note, I think you are following the right process:
1. Taking numerous test drives till you are satisfied
2. Eliciting opinions from the forum

All the best and I sure hope you take a decision soon.
Old 24th February 2010, 06:57   #119
Team-BHP Support

I guess as stated Polo makes the balancing act to bring down Jazz. It will split the Jazz/i20 market and the rest may choose to go i20 way, leaving Jazz only for the true Honda fanatics. Its I guess Honda's call now.

For Suhaas I have Robert Frost : "Miles to go before I sleep"
Old 24th February 2010, 09:09   #120
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Another day, another test drive! This time, it was the Ritz. Here is a quick review from me:

It's an OK car. Great engine, good gearbox and good handling. The front seats were very supportive but the driving position feels a bit off, especially the pedals. I had to bend my ankles quite a bit. And the dash board feels like it's climbing on you, a la the A-Star!

For its size, it seems quite small from the inside! The rear bench was not up to the mark and the interiors seemed to be very cramped! All in all, we weren't too happy with it.

Attachment 293670

NOTE: We had called for another TD of the Jazz, this time from Whitefield Honda, and my mom liked it this time(!) and we almost decided on it (even the colours and the accessories)! But after reading new posts on this thread, we're considering the Polo. Thank you guys! You've been awesome!
did they send u a TD car which is a customer car? I can see a number there- usually the TD cars do not have them or have side stickers indicating its a TD car..
that apart- polo is a wait..and which means this thread will live longer. You are going to get a prize for the longest thread on deciding a car and we wll who contributed will come over for a grand lunch on the day of the delivery - esp the bangy guys can come over!
How about posting a run down on all TD done so far and verdict( and keep updating that?), its a wee bit difficult to run through all the pages to know whats the status on each. I know you almost decided on fabia and then jazz and Ritz is out. Punto? Figo?

Most Viewed