Old 24th February 2010, 10:44   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
For Suhaas I have Robert Frost : "Miles to go before I sleep"
"Miles to test drive before I buy" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
You are going to get a prize for the longest thread on deciding a car ...
I think that goes to vid6639, he was deciding for over an year, and finally bought a Corolla.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:23   #122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
"Miles to test drive before I buy" ?
By the way I also love big hatchbacks more than sedans. Even I am on the look for a good replacement for my Fusion, but not in the near future. Thats at least 2 years away. This helps in that directly (obviously god knows what new models one will have then). But the Polo release makes me hope that there would a Golf release as well within that period. Waiting to see that happen!

PS: Did I hear one year of car selection process somewhere ()?.
Old 24th February 2010, 11:26   #123
BHPian

Polo 1.6 should be a wait worth.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:16   #124
Senior - BHPian

Not before June

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
There is no official word from VW on Polo 1.6. I don't think it will be launched before June this year.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:19   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
8 pages of posts and no decision yet!! Even I am hooked to this thread and looking for latest updates like its some saas bahu serial.

C'mon, finish with the Polo and i20 TD from Advaith and put us out of our misery

On a more serious note, I think you are following the right process:
1. Taking numerous test drives till you are satisfied
2. Eliciting opinions from the forum

All the best and I sure hope you take a decision soon.
Haha! Thanks mate! Our decision will be made by the end of February for sure! Will update when that happens!

Quote:
I guess as stated Polo makes the balancing act to bring down Jazz. It will split the Jazz/i20 market and the rest may choose to go i20 way, leaving Jazz only for the true Honda fanatics. Its I guess Honda's call now.

For Suhaas I have Robert Frost : "Miles to go before I sleep"
Good one!

Anyway, Honda needs to drop prices of the Jazz and fast! There is no way it will sell in our market where people put value on an extension at the back called a 'boot'!

They need to yank of at least 50k of the ex-showroom price and introduce the 1.5 iVtec mill (that does duty in the City) in the Jazz. They need to introduce new features that might go a long way like height adjustable driver's seat, leather seats, alloy wheels and so on.

Quote:
did they send u a TD car which is a customer car? I can see a number there- usually the TD cars do not have them or have side stickers indicating its a TD car..
that apart- polo is a wait..and which means this thread will live longer. You are going to get a prize for the longest thread on deciding a car and we wll who contributed will come over for a grand lunch on the day of the delivery - esp the bangy guys can come over!
How about posting a run down on all TD done so far and verdict( and keep updating that?), its a wee bit difficult to run through all the pages to know whats the status on each. I know you almost decided on fabia and then jazz and Ritz is out. Punto? Figo?
Not sure if it was a customer's car or a TD car, Mkh! The clutch did have the trademark 'play' that Marutis in general are famous for. And I hate that about Marutis! They are a serious kill joy!

I don't think we can wait till June though. And my parents wouldn't be comfortable going in for a car that has just been launched. And we're not prepared to wait either. So we might settle for something else, unfortunately!

About the grand lunch, I'll have to speak to my parents about that!

I'll work on the 'run-down' of all the TDs so far so that it's easier for people to follow this thread! I had no idea that it would go into the 8th page!

Quote:
By the way I also love big hatchbacks more than sedans. Even I am on the look for a good replacement for my Fusion, but not in the near future. Thats at least 2 years away. This helps in that directly (obviously god knows what new models one will have then). But the Polo release makes me hope that there would a Golf release as well within that period. Waiting to see that happen!

PS: Did I hear one year of car selection process somewhere ()?.
That's nice! Nice to know that there are people who don't mind spending that little extra on a hatch rather than thinking twice and wondering if you should go in for a sedan for the kind of money you pay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
It would be. But unfortunately, we can't! I'd love to though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
There is no official word from VW on Polo 1.6. I don't think it will be launched before June this year.
That's terrible news for me. We might settle for the Jazz then!
Old 25th February 2010, 09:27   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That's nice! Nice to know that there are people who don't mind spending that little extra on a hatch rather than thinking twice and wondering if you should go in for a sedan for the kind of money you pay!
5 years back, people said I was mad buying Fusion+ for 8.2 on road! It has served me will till date.
Old 25th February 2010, 16:12   #127
BHPian

Folks,

Today I test drove three hatches namely Fabia, Ritz and i20. Both Fabia & Ritz was real slow to pickup speed at 2nd gear with AC on where as i20 was like makhan (Butter) at even on 3rd from a speed bump. I have not seen such a performance with even my Petra 1.6.

I am amazed. Is this how other i20 people feel too.

Cheers

Manu
Old 25th February 2010, 17:29   #128
Senior - BHPian

^ Even I found the i20 to be butter smooooth. It really exceeded my expectations in terms of refinement.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:46   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
5 years back, people said I was mad buying Fusion+ for 8.2 on road! It has served me will till date.
Unfortunately, the Fusion and the SRV were launched way ahead of their time. They're fantastic cars and trust me, if the SRV was around, we'd have considered that as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupriyam View Post
Folks,

Today I test drove three hatches namely Fabia, Ritz and i20. Both Fabia & Ritz was real slow to pickup speed at 2nd gear with AC on where as i20 was like makhan (Butter) at even on 3rd from a speed bump. I have not seen such a performance with even my Petra 1.6.

I am amazed. Is this how other i20 people feel too.

Cheers

Manu
SO looks like I'm not the only one who found the Fabia sluggish. I found the Punto 1.4 quite sluggish as well. But the Ritz was pretty nippy I thought! Love the new K-Series engines!
Old 25th February 2010, 19:44   #130
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which goes to prove the statement again- the best car is the one that serves YOUR purpose and serves YOU the best. There is nothing like the best choice! Infact even now people buy Fusion and even the Palio -though they are well past their time! As long as the owner is happy, the car has done what its expected to!
Old 25th February 2010, 19:49   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which goes to prove the statement again- the best car is the one that serves YOUR purpose and serves YOU the best. There is nothing like the best choice! Infact even now people buy Fusion and even the Palio -though they are well past their time! As long as the owner is happy, the car has done what its expected to!
Well said. Thats exactly what buyers need to comprehend. I have seen folks who argue a lot and compare on features of mobile based on which they buy them and in the end never use that feature!
Old 25th February 2010, 23:14   #132
BHPian

I think I spoke too early on i20 performance. When I drove it with 5 people, it was as sluggish as I am used to with car scarping most of the speed bumps too. I struggled overtaking trucks on the sharjapur road, Bangalore. Big No NO from my son and wife, funny that I was test driving back to the showroom for booking the car.

Suddenly feel depressed as it seems there is no worth while car for my hard earned money :-(

Tried SX4 too but surely not at all refined for that kind of money. What to do?
Old 25th February 2010, 23:21   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupriyam View Post
I think I spoke too early on i20 performance. When I drove it with 5 people, it was as sluggish as I am used to with car scarping most of the speed bumps too. I struggled overtaking trucks on the sharjapur road, Bangalore. Big No NO from my son and wife, funny that I was test driving back to the showroom for booking the car.

Suddenly feel depressed as it seems there is no worth while car for my hard earned money :-(

Tried SX4 too but surely not at all refined for that kind of money. What to do?
Wait for the Polo 1.6 or settle for the Jazz! That's what I'd say! The Jazz in particular, is as good as any mid-size car in the market! People have misunderstood its ability and have branded it as an expensive hatch instead (IMO)!
Old 25th February 2010, 23:49   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Wait for the Polo 1.6 or settle for the Jazz! That's what I'd say! The Jazz in particular, is as good as any mid-size car in the market! People have misunderstood its ability and have branded it as an expensive hatch instead (IMO)!
+1
I totally agree with you Suhaas! People are under the wrong misconception that it's an expensive hatch only because it's a 'Honda'.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:02   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
+1
I totally agree with you Suhaas! People are under the wrong misconception that it's an expensive hatch only because it's a 'Honda'.
It's a hatch with almost 400 liters of boot space and enough leg room to give most D-Segment cars a complex! This car is a gem! It's superb and it doesn't get the respect it deserves! Arm-chair critics should seriously give it a try!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks