Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2010, 13:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

WagonR or K-series Estilo?

Hey folks.
An uncle of mine intends to buy a small car. We are Maruti loyalist and look at no other stables.

We are in a dilemma as which to choose between wagonR and K series Estilo. I am personally inclined towards the Estilo and am vouching for it (since it has the new K series). Went for a spin in friends wagonR yesterday and was blown over by the sheer practicality of the car. Must admit I came out very impressed. This leaves me even more confused. The only reason I am inclined towards Estilo is because of the K series engine. If wagonR is coming out anytime soon with K series, I am willing to jump the boat. We are prepared to wait for a few months if K series WagonR is launched any time soon. All I hear is wagonR is to be given a heart transplant, but none answers as to when it will happen. Anyone with info, please help us out.

PS: Its a family of two. Husband and wife. Driving is mostly by me only and occasionlly by my uncle. The final decision rests with me, what I opt for is what we buy. He has given me the liberty to choose.
Old 26th January 2010, 13:55   #2
BHPian

I would wait for the Wagon R with K series engine as its best of both worlds. If i have to buy now, my heart still goes for Wagon R, but head says Estilo as it has the best motor of the two.
Old 26th January 2010, 13:59   #3

If practicality is a major issue, why not put the Ritz in the list too. It has practicality and K series engine. Even more sweeter ?
Old 26th January 2010, 14:11   #4
BHPian

The estilo is a more modern design and is a good car to drive with the new engine. The wagon r is a truly practical urban utility vehicle. My daily drive is the wagon and have had no regrets ever since it came home in 2002, however would suggest you go in for the new estilo if there's no K series wagon r on the horizon. Oh forgot do consider the ritz!

Last edited by pranava999 : 26th January 2010 at 14:12.
Old 26th January 2010, 16:50   #5

Did you see the new wagon-R?
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-wagon-r.html
Boxy isn't it?
Old 26th January 2010, 17:02   #6

If you are looking for a "Car" I would suggest Estilo. I think, Wagon R has got more space inside than Estilo. Lookwise Estilo is one step ahead, and both has now got the same engine. Check Wagon R for its gear shifting also.
Old 26th January 2010, 18:26   #7
BHPian

which one has the better handling?
Old 26th January 2010, 18:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ Shri, yes have seen the link. It looks sad. I love the present one. And as for ritz, its out of budget. Max is INR 4.0L.
Has anyone bought a K-series Estilo? Please provide a feed back.
And as for waiting for a K-series WagonR, there is no confirmed news,hence don't know how long the 'wait' is.
Old 26th January 2010, 18:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

None actually... it has to be a Chevvy Beat!
Old 26th January 2010, 19:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shri View Post
Did you see the new wagon-R?
Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...w-wagon-r.html
Boxy isn't it?
That's not the new WagonR (if you are talking about the pic in the first post of that thread). AFAIK the new wagonR is only slightly different than the current WR, and it sure is coming with the new K-series engine. 1.0 L or not, that no one is quite sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
@ Shri, yes have seen the link. It looks sad. I love the present one. And as for ritz, its out of budget. Max is INR 4.0L.
Has anyone bought a K-series Estilo? Please provide a feed back.
And as for waiting for a K-series WagonR, there is no confirmed news,hence don't know how long the 'wait' is.
K-Series Elito is a decent car with best in class fuel efficiency. Downside is engine vibrations passing on to cabin at idle and flimsy build.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:00   #11
BHPian

Since u have liked the current Wagon R, it makes sense to go for the Wagon R - (I too like the Wagon R except for the gear box - have not come across a much worse gear box than this - engaging the reverse gear was like trying to engage a reverse gear in a car which does not a reverse gear ), BUT with the K series engine; this one should be out before March 31, 2010 as the BS IV norms come into effect from April 1, 2010. I think it is too optimistic to expect the 1.2 L engine from Ritz, so expect the same unit doing duty in A-Star and Estillo. Only for the engine and gear box part, u can test drive the Estillo and decide whether to wait for the new Wagon R or to go for the Estillo.
Old 26th January 2010, 23:13   #12

With regard to Wagon R, I too feel the same about the gear box. That is the only part I dislike in my Wagone R, the gear box. But now I am used to it.

Its good that the new Wagon R is coming with a K series engine which will give a better performance. Confirm whether the new Wagon R has is coming with any improved gear box. If so, it would be a good bet on raods, and also waiting for it would be wise.
Old 9th February 2010, 22:51   #13
BHPian

i own an astar that has the same K10B engine. Performance with K10B is quite adequate for city use but not in the league of say an i10. Mileage i'm getting is 19 in city & 26 on highway (30% AC). My neighbor has bought an estillo and he is getting similar mileage however there is a noticeable difference in the gearbox of these 2. Mine is definately smoother than his car (both are 8 months old).
Old 9th February 2010, 23:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
None actually... it has to be a Chevvy Beat!
Yeah, It has to be the Beat!!
Why not i10?
If in case you want to choose between ONLY Wagon R and Estilo, it has to be Wagon R. At least its better build as compared to Estilo!!!
Old 9th February 2010, 23:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul18348 View Post
i own an astar that has the same K10B engine. Performance with K10B is quite adequate for city use but not in the league of say an i10. Mileage i'm getting is 19 in city & 26 on highway (30% AC). My neighbor has bought an estillo and he is getting similar mileage however there is a noticeable difference in the gearbox of these 2. Mine is definately smoother than his car (both are 8 months old).
19!!! Is it a Diesel car ???

I get 12.5 in my i10 that too in a city like Noida with its fantastic roads(and 15-16 on highway jaunts) :(

Poor me! What a stupid idea to have gone for i10!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks