Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 13:44   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The Chevy Beat seems to be a super sweet deal, given GM's very strong attempt to woo and win consumers! It seems to be a good proposition so please do consider it - atleast do a Test drive before you decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Both Spark and Alto are good, you cannot go wrong with any of them.
But a lil more budget and you can have a Chevy Beat which can be a great buy! Do consider it.
Goodluck!
Old 28th January 2010, 14:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
My vote goes to the ALTO, because of the better driveability and also Maruti's FANTASTIC service back up. Chevrolet sucks for the availability of some spares, and God forbid if you ever meet with a accident then you are dead.
GM service too is good. There are no complains from GM's customer above their service and availability of parts too. Infact recently I noticed few threads in tbhp complaining about Maruti service and there was one thread about non-availability of spares for Alto.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Comparing the two, no doubt the Spark is better one
However Alto has got better service options (more maruti service centres throughout India than any other brands?)
Old 30th January 2010, 20:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemm550 View Post
God forbid if you ever meet with a accident then you are dead.
Go check out the thread on the Matiz that survived a head on collision with a truck! (The spark is an throughly improved version of the Matiz)

Last edited by Mpower : 31st January 2010 at 04:59.
Old 31st January 2010, 18:18   #35
BHPian

Thanks for insights- Spark LS booked!

Thanks team for all those insights. My father has booked Spark LS after negotiating for 3,54,000/- on road. The colour is not yet decided. (negotiated price is for non metalic).

Will update further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
  • Spark has less clutch pedal travel compared to Alto (would be helpful in bumper-to-bumper traffic near hinjewadi square)
  • Sangli (your registration choice in recent past) has a chevy dealer
Points noted sir. We have booked it in Sangli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
wasn't that what the vista TDi was supposed to be for ?
Or is she tired of all the turbo lag in the city .........
I have hijacked Vista for my use

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Chevy Beat seems to be a super sweet deal, given GM's very strong attempt to woo and win consumers! It seems to be a good proposition so please do consider it - atleast do a Test drive before you decide.
The price difference (especially after discouting Spark price) puts me away from considering Beat. And Spark is our choice after already straching the budget further from Alto.
Old 31st January 2010, 22:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good decision, and welcome to Sparky club :-)))
Old 1st February 2010, 16:47   #37
BHPian

Congratulations. May i add that since you havnt decided the colour, choose white.
Looks good on the spark. Plus, in case you go for alloys later on in the future, it will only add to the aesthetics. Other plus points for white being, the car heats up lower than other colours, scratches are less visible. etc.

Enjoy your new car.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:58   #38
BHPian

Congrats for the sparky . When is the expected delivery date?
Old 1st February 2010, 17:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Congratulations. May i add that since you havnt decided the colour, choose white.
Looks good on the spark. Plus, in case you go for alloys later on in the future, it will only add to the aesthetics. Other plus points for white being, the car heats up lower than other colours, scratches are less visible. etc.

Enjoy your new car.
Yup, White Spark looks great with nice alloys and some cool interior work. Had a plan to buy one, but they changed the interior to new beige, and it does not look good with white exterior. So changed my plan and got a blazing red one.

According to me two best colours are black and blazing red
Old 1st February 2010, 17:06   #40
BHPian

Dude, Spark it is. More space, better looks, better build, more exclusivity. Imagine driving home a brand new Spark, I am sure you don't want to do that with an Alto. Everyone has seen one, been in one etc and there is no space in front or the back. You are almost touching the dashboard. And get over Maruti's please. There is a world beyond Maruti cars.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:55   #41
BHPian

Congrats bouncer. Do post pics when the new sparky comes home.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

For 3.54 lacks whats the breakup of all the discounts that were offered to you?
Old 5th February 2010, 05:56   #43
BHPian

Congratulations, you made the right choice. GM cars are the best in quality and give best VFM, out of all the manufacturers in India.

I myself asked to many maruti sales executives in Chennai - "Which one is a better choice? - Alto or Spark". Everyone agreed - "Spark". Then they start blaming GM for:
- GMs service network
- GMs bankruptcy stories in US
- Experience of Opel Corsa / Astra Owners
- Spare parts availability
- After sales value

Suzuki Alto is a car outdated ages back and in most of the markets (outside India), they got replaced with Astar. You may get the full story of Suzuki Alto from the following link. - Suzuki Alto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But for Maruti, its a bread winner and they cant stop this model. Lots of people who are ignorant about better market options, blindly believe the Maruti brand and end up spending their hard earned money for this underpowered car..
Old 5th February 2010, 09:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

@Sunil8089

So much analysis in unnecessary! It is a no brainer that Spark is better than Alto. It belongs to the next segment, so it has to be better. But believe me, it is not leagues ahead - just better, period! Had you posed the question as Spark VS Wagon R or Spark Vs A-Star to the same Maruti guys, you might have got a different reply!

But terming Alto buyers as ignorant is unwarranted. Don't invite a flame out in a feel good thread! I test drove Santro, Spark and Alto extensively before buying the Alto. I had my reasons and am no ignoramus in automobile matters! IMO the best among the three was easily the Santro.

It is still uncertain what will happen to up-keep costs of Spark after the three year period is over. Moreover, when I trade in my Alto a few years down the line for an upgrade, I am sure I will have a smile on my face. If I see at least a smaller smile and not a scowl on the face of a Spark owner who goes for his upgrade, then may be - just may be - I will buy a GM product!
Old 5th February 2010, 10:23   #45
BHPian

Go for spark mate..you will never regreat. GM build quality is better then maruti.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks