Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 21:31   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
******* UPDATE *******

Finally after much deliberation, Spark won the vote.

White Spark PS booked this weekend. The wait is for nearly 2-3 weeks as they dont have White Spark PS in stock.

Will update the Initial ownership report after delivery.

Thanks to all for helping me decide!
Thats a wise buy.

I know how good and airy the Spark feels as we own its older cousin (2001 MATIZ). Even the 800cc MPFI engine delivers great power and wonderful A/C.

Congrats again on your purchase.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Matiz had a gem of an engine under its hood. A puny Suzuki 800cc motor belting out 52bhp and a mileage hovering around the 18-20 kmpl mark if not more. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the Spark's motor. That said as things stand today, the Spark is a better option than the Alto atleast in cities where GM have a service centre when we compare proce versus features between the two.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Congrats Dude.

Will wait for your reviews.
Thanks Sam.. Will post the review as soon delivery is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thats a wise buy.

I know how good and airy the Spark feels as we own its older cousin (2001 MATIZ). Even the 800cc MPFI engine delivers great power and wonderful A/C.

Congrats again on your purchase.
Thanks Pavan. We definitely felt the difference compared to Alto and A-Star in the Spark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Matiz had a gem of an engine under its hood. A puny Suzuki 800cc motor belting out 52bhp and a mileage hovering around the 18-20 kmpl mark if not more. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the Spark's motor. That said as things stand today, the Spark is a better option than the Alto atleast in cities where GM have a service centre when we compare proce versus features between the two.
Feature to Feature, on the spec sheet atleast, the Spark is a better choice. And once we got to see the interiors and the drive, Spark won the vote.

Any reason why you say that the Spark motor is not upto the mark as compared to Matiz motor.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Matiz had 4 valves per cylinder while the Spark has two. This is a step back in time.
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Matiz had 4 valves per cylinder while the Spark has two. This is a step back in time.
Not true. Matiz had 2 valves per cylinder, although they were oversized - the Company used to advertise them as Goliath valves!
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:32   #21
BHPian

I am against buying a new alto. please test drive the alto with the AC on. Its like driving with the hand break engaged. I would prefer the spark.
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:38   #22
BHPian

Go for spark! Most VFM car in segment
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:01   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post

i guess he mentioned that he has already booked the spark

waiting for the review !!
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
I am against buying a new alto. please test drive the alto with the AC on. Its like driving with the hand break engaged. I would prefer the spark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
i guess he mentioned that he has already booked the spark

waiting for the review !!
Thanks a lot guys, White Spark booked!! Waiting for delivery which is supposed to happen probably in 2 weeks. Will surely pen down the review after that.
Old 19th March 2010, 20:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

****** UPDATE ******

Went for the PDI today. Everything seemed to be in place. Spent a good 45 minutes checking everything.

The drive in the car was fine. The gears were very very smooth and did not expect them to be. There was trouble slotting the 4th gear to which the Sales person replied that it will get fine with usage. I am guessing this is not so. Any suggestions on the same much appreciated.

Overall happy with the vehicle and gave the go ahead for registration. But the sales person said they dont do registrations on Sat and Sunday. So have to wait till monday for the registration.

MODS: Could you please change the title to " Booked Spark PS " or something similar on those lines
Old 19th March 2010, 22:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your fine purchase.

May you have many happy miles with your Spark.

As for the gear issue, try out another new Spark and see if it has the same problem.

The gear slotting does even out with time. So most probably your worry won't be justified.

Cheers and waiting for pics.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:18   #27
BHPian

Congrats on buying a spark, a VFM for that price. Sadly such good cars don't sell in large numbers.

The vehicle is fun to drive in the city, nice cushioned ride over the potholes however I did not quite like the rear, center console and omission of tachometer..
Old 19th March 2010, 23:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Havent heard about anyone getting great mileage as is advertised by the company on a daily use scenario.
Old 20th March 2010, 11:07   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
that had me all

Agree, Spark is the most sensible choice of the lot (I know since my friend owns one and he's been very happy with it for about 3 years!). Congrats!
Old 20th March 2010, 13:24   #30
BHPian

Query

Last year when I was languishing for a new Small car for my sister, I test-drove Spark/i10/Santro,
Already had the WagonR, hence did not wanted to buy another Maruti this time,

I had almost finalised Spark as it had a 50K discount on its price and I could have got it around 3.25L on road in Delhi, plus the initial test-drive was good with Engine having enough power and grunt, even with the AC on,

However, when I went with my brother (6 ft+)on a detailed Test-Drive, I was astonished to see that there was very little room in the Pedal area, My right foot was not even fitting properly at the accelerator pedal, however, the clutch pedal gap was fine as also the break pedal,

On looking closer, i found that the accelerator pedal was way close to the Right footwell of the car and there was very less space between the two

My brother also faced the same problem, we even checked other cars just to ensure but all cars had the same scenario,

Hence, at the end had to reject it despite Heavy discount and choose an i10 albiet a bit on the expensive side,

Just wanted to check with Spark owners, have they also felt the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks