Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2006, 11:19   #31
BHPian

Two cars which make me jump with joy for the keys are Esteem and the OHC (All three versions). What I like most is the driving position, the change of exhaust note when you rev up, and above all the free flowing engines. I think both these cars dynamics pretty similar too.

I have not driven the Swift. I was turned down by the looks, (I might be a lone voice amongst the crowd of Swift lovers- call it Old School thinking) and even if it becomes a hot-hatch, it doesn't motivate me to drive around in a Swift (Not only Swift, Getz too)

Now, has anyone driven both Esteem and Swift extensively? Would you like to put a few lines on your experience?
Old 29th March 2006, 11:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
I have not driven the Swift. I was turned down by the looks, (I might be a lone voice amongst the crowd of Swift lovers- call it Old School thinking) and even if it becomes a hot-hatch, it doesn't motivate me to drive around in a Swift (Not only Swift, Getz too)
I also dont like looks of swift that much. I agree its Better than Getz but not palio or Opel Sail. The front is better than getz but back. I mean whats with all that bulky thing at back. Where are back Tail lights are going.
where as getz back looks too good. But front yuck. Looks like some 10 - 15 year old europian car is coming.

No offence to any of the owners of these cars. The cars are good i dont dissagree.
Old 29th March 2006, 12:38   #33
BHPian

I've owned the old Esteeem VXPS with the older 75 bhp engine and now I own the Swift, and have heard about the acceleration capabilities of the new MPFI Esteem, though I havent driven it. I am sure its a better performer in the 0-100 speeds. Swift on the other hand has taller gear ratio's than the esteem and also better torque when compared to the mpfi esteem and definitely feels more sure footed in turns and breaking. So for me Swift it is...as an overall package.
Old 29th March 2006, 12:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist
I've owned the old Esteeem VXPS with the older 75 bhp engine and now I own the Swift, and have heard about the acceleration capabilities of the new MPFI Esteem, though I havent driven it. I am sure its a better performer in the 0-100 speeds. Swift on the other hand has taller gear ratio's than the esteem and also better torque when compared to the mpfi esteem and definitely feels more sure footed in turns and breaking. So for me Swift it is...as an overall package.
The carb esteem was 65 bhp and not 75 bhp as you say.

It would be better if you drive the Esteem Mpfi and then compare the fun to drive factor between the Swift and the Esteem. I also had a carb esteem and used to always feel that the Mpfi esteem will be a marginally better performer but when i actually got behind the wheel of a Mpfi esteem i realised that i was wrong. IMHO, there is a very significant difference in the characteristics with regards to power and FTD factor between the carb and the mpfi esteem.

Last edited by prince85 : 29th March 2006 at 12:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks